This defense is unacceptable

James in PA

Reaction score
Seriously, anyone preaching "patience," enough already. Pete has had YEARS to get this figured out and has failed time and again. He can't even put together an average defense at this point, let alone good. They haven't been good since the Obama administration. He'll draft a DT in the 5th round and overpay for a couple of free agents and try to convince everyone that this will be the year, but they'll still suck. Im tired of this crap!

morgulon1

Reaction score
I got this from a Seagulls poster. I thought it was Fade ...

"Yep, he hasn't fielded a top 10 defense since 2016. We're not going to win a superbowl without that (let alone any playoff games). Here's Pete's "defense" since his last good one (yrds per game):

2017: 12th
2018: 16th
2019: 26th
2020: 22th
2021: 28th
2022: 26th
2023: 24th
In what world, would any one look at this data and trend and think it's going to change. Where is the evidence?

Even with a better roster this year...same results. There is ONE constant here. He either needs to retire or hand over FULL control to a NEW good D coordinator, to maybe have these numbers go the other direction. Enough with this conservative, soft zone crap. He has not and will not adjust to how offenses are attacking defenses."

Grandpa needs to go off into the sunset
and enjoy his twilight years with that little woman he loves so much 😂.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I got this from a Seagulls poster. I thought it was Fade ...

"Yep, he hasn't fielded a top 10 defense since 2016. We're not going to win a superbowl without that (let alone any playoff games). Here's Pete's "defense" since his last good one (yrds per game):

2017: 12th
2018: 16th
2019: 26th
2020: 22th
2021: 28th
2022: 26th
2023: 24th
In what world, would any one look at this data and trend and think it's going to change. Where is the evidence?

Even with a better roster this year...same results. There is ONE constant here. He either needs to retire or hand over FULL control to a NEW good D coordinator, to maybe have these numbers go the other direction. Enough with this conservative, soft zone crap. He has not and will not adjust to how offenses are attacking defenses."

Grandpa needs to go off into the sunset
and enjoy his twilight years with that little woman he loves so much 😂.
That’s a pretty damning trend to be sure.

morgulon1

Reaction score
That’s a pretty damning trend to be sure.
A decade of frustrating purgatory, then weak excuses with football speak buzzwords to make the consumer think they're in on what's going on. They can change coordinators but as long as Grandpa is around , this Will be the result.

Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman would make a lot of coaches look competent.
Once that historic roster started diminishing, the next generation of offensive minds came along and here we are. The only reason Petey Pete won at USC is because his rosters were filled with future NFL players. He could run whatever the heck he wanted to and would win.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Watching the Eagles game and realizing the the Hawks probably should have sent them Hurtt and kept Desai.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
This defense is one of the costliest in the NFL as well. We have more picks and money here than just about every NFL team and this is the result.

flv2

Reaction score
The Seahawks are currently #25 in points conceded. A bad game against the 49ers could see them drop to #31. Obviously there's a complimentary football argument in there.

hawker84

Reaction score
The coaching is unacceptable. Ya Adams is terrible, so us Diggs this year, and with Nowsu going down our Dline has taken a step back. But our whole philosophy is flawed. Teams know they can just pick us apart with quick hitters in the middle zones, which then soften us up for the run. Why bobby plays so close to the line is beyond me. We rarely move QBs off their spot, and when we do, we whiff on sacks and tackles. That missed sack by Taylor on Prescott was jaw dropping, dudes got to go. I digress....