The What's Wrong With Russell Wilson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
DavidSeven":y4t1k1qb said:
Keep trollin', bro.

Alright, I think thats my sign to get out of here and stop wasting time on you douches. "Trolling, you should be band" thats all you can comeback with. lol

At the end of the day, RW is hardly getting 100 yards passing, which to everyone in this world seems pathetic! believe it or not, he is the weak link in this team. But you go and keep worshiping him. Enjoy Buddy.. See ya! :D

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seahawkx":3ekq7xyh said:
DavidSeven":3ekq7xyh said:
Keep trollin', bro.

Alright, I think thats my sign to get out of here and stop wasting time on you douches. "Trolling, you should be band" thats all you can comeback with. lol

At the end of the day, RW is hardly getting 100 yards passing, which to everyone in this world seems pathetic! believe it or not, he is the weak link in this team. But you go and keep worshiping him. Enjoy Buddy.. See ya! :D

You want to knock him while he's down but how about give him credit when he's carried the team on his back. He hasn't had to do it much this season but let's ignore his ability to keep us in games

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't really think that there is anything actually "wrong" with RW, but I do think he has been far too careful and that there is a combination of drops and misses. I also see the play calling as part of it.
Wilson is the kind of guy that can have those games and then make it look easy. Today was what I expected, especially with the weather. The passes that RW likes to throw are trouble in that wind and I think that kept the Hawks on the ground. I hate seeing Tate drop those slants for 1st downs too.

I think that whatever is going on, that RW is just the guy to get it fixed. Where is the R/O? That is a big part of what makes RW dangerous, including the passing game. Are they trying to save it or something? No designed runs for RW.

WarHawks

Reaction score
During those 5am film sessions, RW needs to study film of himself last year and the dynamic plays he was making, both with his arm and his feet. Surely he can see he isn't performing on the same level that he was at the end of last season, and even half way through this season. Remember those 50 point games? What's changed other than losing Rice? He does look very tentative, and the play calling is extremely predictable as compared to last year. But, I'm also glad he's not making big mistakes and turning the ball over. Trust your instincts Russell. Go with your gut. You'll do fine.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Rocket":5cwvp4w5 said:
If y'all have this DVR'd, go look at Russ just before the anthem. Lil' Russ's face looked like a deer in the headlights.
Having said that, I don't hang the O's performance all on him.

If anyone can grab 10 or 15 sec's of this and post it, it'd be great.
Just don't see it that way. He was extremely successful in the playoffs last year so the stage isn't too big. Too focused, maybe. Deer in the headlights, I don't think so.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Tokadub had this to say about RW on the Gameday Forum and I thought it should be posted here as well because I think he made some good points. I don't agree with all of this 100%, but most of this is spot on though I felt the o-line was decent today, not great but decent:

I think it's a few factors.

1) Offensive line makes him get happy feet, he doesn't really trust them which leads to some semi panic plays.

2) Offensive play calling could be improved but I think Bevell did decent today at least by my expectations for him.

3) Russel isn't running as much he seemed to go to Lynch a lot today on his read options.

4) Guys aren't getting quite open enough for Wilson to pull the trigger consistently. I think part of this is with our play calling we need to have a few more plays designed to get someone open. It seems like today most our passing plays were just attempting to beat guys 1 on 1 nothing special, and the few ones that did have a very high % chance to get it to someone in a little open window today was either dropped or Wilson missed the throw.

5) Wilson's accuracy has been a little off for whatever reason for a bit too many games in a row for it to be a coincidence. I think all of the above factors are attributing to him not getting in rhythm and feeling confident like he normally is.

All that being said he didn't fumble or have any interceptions today in a game with VERY bad weather like others have mentioned. It was rainy and extremely windy, so he did his job today. We also were never in a situation today where it was really critical that he put the team on his shoulders and try to run risking injury or force a throw instead of throwing it away.

So I think we could chalk today up to the weather and game situation, but since it's been similar for 4-5 games now I think there's something more to it.

Hope Harvin can play the rest of games since his brief presence did seem to give us that spark we've been lacking.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1fwgce6v said:
Russell Wilson plays very conservatively and doesn't throw unless he feels really, really good about it. That's frustrating. It leaves the other team hanging around.

It's also responsible for our 13-3 record. Turnovers are statistically ten times more impactful than a sack or incompletion. Pete will take those any time over an interception and I'll bet he's overall pretty happy that Wilson ends up scrambling quite a bit. It's kept us in games.

That said, Wilson's short-to-intermediate accuracy has taken a serious step back. He's also gotten jittery in the pocket the last month, much more so than earlier in the year. Even in the first Saints game, he looked calm and relaxed in the pocket. His slump is responsible for a lot of three-and-outs. We relied on the run today and it worked, but Wilson only had a couple of big plays despite good pass protection. I hope he improves.......
This is also spot on IMO. Agree with you Montana.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Seahawkx":17j5lvza said:
DavidSeven":17j5lvza said:
Keep trollin', bro.

Your "franchise" QB just threw four INTs vs. New England. 7 picks this post-season. Put his team in position to give up 40+ on consecutive games. Oh, and he scored 22 points. SEA scored 23, didn't turn the ball over, most importantly, WON.

tleise32

Reaction score
call me crazy, dont know if anybody has said this yet

Russell Wilsons HAIR!>!!>!!>!!

anyone else ever get a haircute and you FEEL sooo great ? like you didnt realize how you were depressed on the inside i truely was until you get a haircut and look so fresh and feel so good.

seriously.

get taht boy a haircut.

does anybody know the story of why he is not cutting it? it is a tribute to his dad?

Njhawkboss

Reaction score
You guys can't let him breathe we won the game we were up by 16 at home wilson had to just control the ball and not turn it over

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2i2hxrlr said:
Tokadub had this to say about RW on the Gameday Forum and I thought it should be posted here as well because I think he made some good points. I don't agree with all of this 100%, but most of this is spot on though I felt the o-line was decent today, not great but decent:

I think it's a few factors.

1) Offensive line makes him get happy feet, he doesn't really trust them which leads to some semi panic plays.

2) Offensive play calling could be improved but I think Bevell did decent today at least by my expectations for him.

3) Russel isn't running as much he seemed to go to Lynch a lot today on his read options.

4) Guys aren't getting quite open enough for Wilson to pull the trigger consistently. I think part of this is with our play calling we need to have a few more plays designed to get someone open. It seems like today most our passing plays were just attempting to beat guys 1 on 1 nothing special, and the few ones that did have a very high % chance to get it to someone in a little open window today was either dropped or Wilson missed the throw.

5) Wilson's accuracy has been a little off for whatever reason for a bit too many games in a row for it to be a coincidence. I think all of the above factors are attributing to him not getting in rhythm and feeling confident like he normally is.

All that being said he didn't fumble or have any interceptions today in a game with VERY bad weather like others have mentioned. It was rainy and extremely windy, so he did his job today. We also were never in a situation today where it was really critical that he put the team on his shoulders and try to run risking injury or force a throw instead of throwing it away.

So I think we could chalk today up to the weather and game situation, but since it's been similar for 4-5 games now I think there's something more to it.

Hope Harvin can play the rest of games since his brief presence did seem to give us that spark we've been lacking.

Actually it has not been this way for 4-5 games now

Game before 65% completion 102 qb rating Rams
Game before not good AZ
game before 67% completion 86 QB rating only because of one improbable int. NYG
game before 60% completion 82 QB rating again due to a hail mary int at the end SF
game before 73% completion 140 QB rating NO

So his last 6 games, have had some ups and some downs but only 2 truly bad games, 2 avg games, 2 good games

Now as to tonight

As mush as I hate saying it, because I think the play calling is our biggest issue on offense, both Rw and PC both said in their interviews they came out in the 2nd have very conservative, and RW had to plead to try the one to Baldwin. So it appears once we get a lead we can count on a very conservative offense as of now.

lsheldon

Reaction score
^^ I don't know, 16 points isn't a big enough lead to make me very comfortable. Up by 30, yeah I might go conservative then. I agree that the play calling is a big part of the issue.

Anthony!

Reaction score
lsheldon":1r3eczj1 said:
^^ I don't know, 16 points isn't a big enough lead to make me very comfortable. Up by 30, yeah I might go conservative then. I agree that the play calling is a big part of the issue.

I agree with you but PC goes conservative as soon as we get a lead, he said so in his press conference.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Another thing is all this started after the regular season NO game, were we clinched the playoffs, HMM play calling changed, everything.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
jewhawk":3eyshx3a said:
Our offense ran 42 plays on 1st and 2nd downs. Only nine of those were passing attempts, and two of those passing attempts were screens. There were also two QB scrambles and two sacks (for 0 and -1 yards). You can't hand the ball off on 29 of 42 plays on 1st and 2nd downs and expect your QB to be able to get into any kind of rhythm.

Bingo. Brees got I to a rhythm because they started throwing. I that is part of Russells problem is no rhythm for lack of pass attempts. He only threw 18 times. I think Russell needs between 25-30 attempts to be more efficient. That all goes on to Bevells head

davidonmi

Reaction score
RW is so good in the read option, he didn't all of a sudden forget to make a read, it seems like this team can get so much more out of him just keeping it once or twice. But for some reason, Bevell/Carrol just doesn't want him running at all, I thought that would change come playoff time.
Frustrating

davidonmi

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":1fn7rw1h said:
jewhawk":1fn7rw1h said:
Our offense ran 42 plays on 1st and 2nd downs. Only nine of those were passing attempts, and two of those passing attempts were screens. There were also two QB scrambles and two sacks (for 0 and -1 yards). You can't hand the ball off on 29 of 42 plays on 1st and 2nd downs and expect your QB to be able to get into any kind of rhythm.

Bingo. Brees got I to a rhythm because they started throwing. I that is part of Russells problem is no rhythm for lack of pass attempts. He only threw 18 times. I think Russell needs between 25-30 attempts to be more efficient. That all goes on to Bevells head
this is another thing I think about when russell is struggling. We didn't need to pass it today but if we do I'll be interested to see how rhythm helps RW.
the offensive struggles are IMO
40% Bevell
30% RW
30% WR's

rideaducati

Reaction score
Russell isn't trusting what he sees and is holding the ball WAY TOO LONG. I'm seeing a lot of times when the receiver he is looking at is open, but Russell doesn't throw the ball. It seems that he is always looking for something better instead of taking what the defense offers easily.

Seaswab

Reaction score
How about throwing your receivers open like every other good qb does

Tokadub

Reaction score
Anthony!":34xt6sns said:
Actually it has not been this way for 4-5 games now

Game before 65% completion 102 qb rating Rams
Game before not good AZ
game before 67% completion 86 QB rating only because of one improbable int. NYG
game before 60% completion 82 QB rating again due to a hail mary int at the end SF
game before 73% completion 140 QB rating NO

So his last 6 games, have had some ups and some downs but only 2 truly bad games, 2 avg games, 2 good games

True, his stats have been pretty good in several of those games so to say something's wrong with him might be a little extreme.

A lot of it is just the intangible observations that can't be seen in stats. I think ever since after the 49ers game his accuracy/consistency has dropped. Even if he's putting up good completion percentages it just seems to me he has been missing passes that he normally hits easily, and it's been happening on a somewhat regular basis.

If anything that just speaks to how good he is if when he misses a few passes a game it seems like something is wrong with him to me. We are just lucky that even with his "bad" or "average" games we can still easily win and sometimes his stats might even look pretty good.

I think in the last 4-5 games including today you could find at least 2-3+ throws per game that he uncharacteristically missed or made it very difficult for his receiver. Also our receivers dropped a few that they normally catch in this stretch which was bound to happen. But it could be subconsciously making people panic even more about Russel Wilson than we should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.