The What's Wrong With Russell Wilson Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake206

Reaction score
There were several times he had open receivers and he either missed or didn't throw to them. Not sure what the solution is to his game.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
daveman918":2i66ufct said:
I'm going to focus on one thing. I'm concerned about his ability to work the pocket. Not sure if he has this issue due to trust of the line or if he doesn't have that type of play in his DNA.

He's done it before, so I think he can.

You know, people were worried back when our starting tackles were out that Wilson would take so many hits he'd get David Carr Syndrome. I doubted it at the time, but now I wonder.

Penman96

Reaction score
Like mentioned in this thread already - it's accuracy that's an issue and a bit of hesitation, both of which point to a lack of confidence right now. He's a sound QB with good accuracy, going through a rough patch. Hopefully in this game he got the last of it out.

And confidence or lack thereof...he was better with Harvin playing, lets hope PH is back for the NFC final.

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
daveman918":wluf3c5c said:
I'm going to focus on one thing. I'm concerned about his ability to work the pocket. Not sure if he has this issue due to trust of the line or if he doesn't have that type of play in his DNA.
or his height? people try to downplay it, but it just doesn't seem he can operate a WC offense. People keep complaining how the play calls are either bombs deep downfield, or play action roll routs.. well, maybe it's because RW can't operate like Tom Brady or Manning. He just doesn't have the size....

Not saying RW can't be successful. I mean, the guy is 14-3 on the season, and is doing more than enough to win games.. just don't see the point of arguing it's the OLine's fault, or Bevell's, or the receivers not getting open. I think this is the offense RW has to run, and he needs a receiver like AJ Green, or Calvin Johnson to have a truly top-notch passing game.

Fuzzman55

Reaction score
His accuracy is off. He's aiming the slant, like the one to Baldwin that he threw in the dirt. He has no trust in that pass.

kf3339

Reaction score
There is something going on with Wilson the last 4-5 weeks. He is not looking like the Wilson from the first half of this season. I don't know what the issue is, so hopefully one of our more knowledgeable posters can give us all some answers.

More importantly I hope that PC can figure this out for next week.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Any time your RB has more rushing yards than your QB has throwing yards...things are not going well for the QB (caveat: outside of historic RB performances)

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
kf3339":1wpte7q2 said:
There is something going on with Wilson the last 4-5 weeks. He is not looking like the Wilson from the first half of this season. I don't know what the issue is, so hopefully one of our more knowledgeable posters can give us all some answers.

More importantly I hope that PC can figure this out for next week.
i think it is fairly simple. RW has limitations. Almost all QBs do. And defenses have learned how to take advantage those limitations and, unfortunately for the Seahawks, their coaching staff, nor RW, have figured out a way to combat the defense's adjustments.

OP
OP
falcongoggles

falcongoggles

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":3v8g762h said:
daveman918":3v8g762h said:
or his height? people try to downplay it, but it just doesn't seem he can operate a WC offense. People keep complaining how the play calls are either bombs deep downfield, or play action roll routs.. well, maybe it's because RW can't operate like Tom Brady or Manning. He just doesn't have the size....

Not saying RW can't be successful. I mean, the guy is 14-3 on the season, and is doing more than enough to win games.. just don't see the point of arguing it's the OLine's fault, or Bevell's, or the receivers not getting open. I think this is the offense RW has to run, and he needs a receiver like AJ Green, or Calvin Johnson to have a truly top-notch passing game.

He can still drop back without play action EVERY SINGLE TIME. You are not fooling anyone (oops should keep this in the Bevell thread)

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
falcongoggles":3p537p6z said:
Any time your RB has more rushing yards than your QB has throwing yards...things are not going well for the QB (caveat: outside of historic RB performances)
that was a pretty heroic performance by Lynch

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
falcongoggles":a04vvo2w said:
SoHo9erFan":a04vvo2w said:
daveman918":a04vvo2w said:

He can still drop back without play action EVERY SINGLE TIME. You are not fooling anyone (oops should keep this in the Bevell thread)

who am i trying to fool? explain to me how i am wrong. RW doesn't seem capable of operating a prototypical offense.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
SoHo9erFan":cs398qzu said:
falcongoggles":cs398qzu said:
SoHo9erFan":cs398qzu said:
daveman918":cs398qzu said:

who am i trying to fool? explain to me how i am wrong. RW doesn't seem capable of operating a prototypical offense.

Your concern trolling sucks, Niners fan. I hope the Panthers take care of business so we don't have you guys acting disingenuous around here anymore. Well, for at least a week.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2145710/Bust ... ell-Wilson

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Russell is just plain tired. Just has to be. I say go ahead and sleep in for the next three weeks because showing up at the VMAC to watch tape at 4:30 in the morning obviously isn't helping jack effin squat as reflected by his play over the last 4-5 weeks. :sarcasm_off:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
BroncosFan":wns78frr said:
My question is this: Is your offensive coordinator limiting Russell Wilson by his play calling, or is Russell Wilson limiting your offensive coordinator's play calling with his limitations?

The same question 9ers fans who are despondent that they don't win big enough ask. :D

TBH, if you have to ask the question, I think it's the QB's fault, particularly if it's a young QB that everyone roots for. People LOVE to blame their coordinators for their teams' poor performance. Nobody roots for coordinators, and as a result, it makes the poor performance go down a bit easier. :)

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":38zf9sv4 said:
Your concern trolling sucks, Niners fan. I hope the Panthers take care of business so we don't have you guys acting disingenuous around here anymore. Well, for at least a week.

it seems like defenses have adjusted since that article is written. and just because RW hasn't had many passes batted down, doesn't prove a whole lot. RW doesn't pull the trigger as much as other QBs, and escapes the pocket on the regular. If he tried to stand tall in the pocket as much as Luck, RW would have a lot higher number of passes batted down.

I'm not trying to troll. i'm just going off of what I have seen from RW this past month. It seems like defenses know how to keep him in check, and RW hasn't been able to circumvent adjustments

General Manager

Reaction score
Well the bottom line is he needs to play better. We can breakdown his QB play when the seasons over and hopefully we have won our first SuperBowl.

hawk45

Reaction score
Kaepernick was pretty non-functional in the passing game without Crabtree, at that time people were wondering if he could execute an NFL offense.

Russell has had both his #1 WRs out this year. It matters. Neither Russell nor Kaepernick is capable at this point of passing like crazy with sub-par receivers.

As far as the accuracy goes, he had a terrible pass to Tate during the same half where Brees was also missing wide open guys and I think the weather was killing both QBs. In the second half the threw a bit low on one slant. I'm not ready to judge his short accuracy based on this game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":3kbwa2cg said:
Smelly McUgly":3kbwa2cg said:

it seems like defenses have adjusted since that article is written. and just because RW hasn't had many passes batted down, doesn't prove a whole lot. RW doesn't pull the trigger as much as other QBs, and escapes the pocket on the regular. If he tried to stand tall in the pocket as much as Luck, RW would have a lot higher number of passes batted down.

I'm not trying to troll. i'm just going off of what I have seen from RW this past month. It seems like defenses know how to keep him in check, and RW hasn't been able to circumvent adjustments
He looked very Krappernick today, not trolling, just sayin'! 8)

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
hawk45":1i0ay2pw said:
Kaepernick was pretty non-functional in the passing game without Crabtree, at that time people were wondering if he could execute an NFL offense.

Russell has had both his #1 WRs out this year. It matters. Neither Russell nor Kaepernick is capable at this point of passing like crazy with sub-par receivers.

As far as the accuracy goes, he had a terrible pass to Tate during the same half where Brees was also missing wide open guys and I think the weather was killing both QBs. In the second half the threw a bit low on one slant. I'm not ready to judge his short accuracy based on this game.
i think weather played a huge part of it today too.

Status
Not open for further replies.