The Seahawks Are Surprisingly Good. Will It Last?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Great article with some awesome videos and charts. 2 of the charts were tiny, so I snipped them, blew them up and attaching below. (Love this version of the forums, makes it easier to post stuff.)

The Ringer: The Seahawks Are Surprisingly Good. Will It Last?

3. They’re evolving defensively.

2. The rookie class has been incredible.

1. Geno Smith looks like a multiyear starter and high-end quarterback.

@NextGenStats

Uchenna Nwosu leads the NFL in QB pressures (31) this season after a Week 7 performance where he generated a career-high 11 pressures.

Nwosu (Career, since 2018): 15.1% pressure rate (6th in NFL, min. 900 pass rushes)

2022 Draft Picks Playing time

Rookies Playing Time

QB Efficency

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
That's an interesting graph. The first one is pretty telling. Some teams don't look like they're playing much any of their draft classes. For example, the Panthers are barley playing anybody for the exception of their 1st rounder compared to the Seahawks who are getting a ton of production.

knownone

Reaction score
We tend to finish the season strong, so I'm banking on things continuing in that direction. The only thing that derails this team is injuries.

niveky

Reaction score
I think that one thing to consider with all of the rookies stepping up and contributing...how much will the ''rookie'' wall impact the Seahawks down the stretch?

toffee

Reaction score
Let's make it simple 12s, super bowl here we come.

We may not have most pro-bowl or all-pro players, we may not be the most complete team, but by now, we can all agree that we are the most inspired team. Football God willing, after we defeated New York Giants, we shall be top 10 ranked, not bad for a team that was expected to win 3 games.

I liken this season to a ride on that pumpkin carriage, with Geno as our Cinderella wearing his glass slippers, I pray to football God that 12 o'clock rings after the super bowl.

Echawks

Reaction score
This year feels like the Mariners two years ago, hope in a foundation that can actually be competitive but still a feeling like we aren’t actually there yet.

We need a few more pieces to be a complete team but after this year, sold draft and maybe a few key FAs.. This feels a whole lot like a team that will be very special.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Like kj said on his show with salk it's all about the vets around you that can inspire you and get what you have to come out raising your confidence until you aren't a rook anymore . I can't think for a second we don't have some of that going on ala chris clemons etc. so we expect bumps in the road but it's learning and at the end of the year it'll be much better and next year these soon to be vets will help next years rooks .
If we could have a draft half as good or better every year we'd never need to go after free agents and keep our cap down so low we could be in the superb owl every year ahh,,,,,,,, just dreamin
Go Hawks

evergreen

Reaction score
We’re young and fresh. We’re on the rise with rookies making impact plays and every down contributions. Geno is the next Kurt Warner or Steve Young! We just seem to be really good on offense. Maybe it’s cuz we haven’t seen this for some time. Forget the beginning of the year and look at the e last games. We look we’ll rounded and young. Like Dallas Cowboys in the early 90s young. Like us in 2012 young I’m sure there will be set backs and hiccups. We look like a 12 win team.

Ruminator

Reaction score
This playing time percentage graph clearly shows that Seahawks' 2022 draft was exceptional, especially when you make a mental "adjustment" for RBs. Being that even veteran RBs occasionally come off the field for certain plays, and K9 proving that he's good enough to be a starter, you could essentially say he's also a 100% guy (albeit the fact he did not start the first couple weeks). So with that, damn! None of the other teams come anywhere close to Seahawks' six rookies' playing time.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Trust this coaching staff... they're sticking to their mantra, and they're letting the players work it out on the field. I love the blend of rookies and vets, and the cohesion they have is positive. The product on the field looks organic and FUN, from this fan's perspective. I went into watching this season not really stressing about wins or losses, but just the quality of football. I'm loving it.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I think we did well in the second half on offense once we adjusted. We ran out of time. We were unable to stop Brady and company with our D.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Team is def. on the rise, and that's pretty clear. Overall, this has been a hell of a fun season to watch, if not surprisingly good. All these YOUNG guys getting their reps in, and several good draft picks in the 2023 draft next year........sky is the limit. If they come even CLOSE to the success of this current draft class? Dayum