The Seahawks are big time #ESPN #StephenA

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3hn1slyj said:
Seymour":3hn1slyj said:
SoulfishHawk":3hn1slyj said:
He's a loud mouth a hole, period.

Correct. But you left out he is 100% correct also.

"Who's this guy Britt at center?"- Stephen A. Smith

:stirthepot:

I wouldn't expect him to have a clue about each players value on a short segment like that. He prob. just saw him standing next to Bennett pre game and wondered WTF?

My point was he is 100% correct about the gross error we made for the 3rd straight year in not protecting our top asset.

Smellyman

Reaction score
He's an idiot, who gets idiot clicks.

Even a blind pig finds a squirrel sometimes.

But as pointed out, 'who is this Justin Britt guy?' I have to take your word for it because I will not click. If true that is the epitome of a moron.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":2x3blozq said:
GO ahead and not like the guy for whatever reason you want but dude is exactly on point. This forum has woken up to it as well as most of the local media. Can't really deny it unless you are of the homer variety.
Well then you can go ahead and call me a homer....Stephen A, or Pete Carroll...Which one has EARNED the most respect?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19srdxps said:
Uncle Si":19srdxps said:
Seriously. Can't the board beat itself up enough without needing Stephen A Smith as the ring announcer?

That's his job, what do you want him to talk about?

His job is to get clicks, and obviously it worked cause here were are talking about it.

Maybe as a forum fanbase, we should stop being so thin skinned about the national media saying negative things about our team. I just agreed with the irony.

I think you misunderstood.

I don't care what Stephen A Smith thinks. I find it hilariously sad that people on here are using his comments on the Seahawks as some proof that they are indeed right about being concerned about our offense.

Yeah... the offense isn't a good. Thanks Stephen A!!!

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Geoff has put 30+ on the 49ers. It took a miracle for us to score a single TD.
Yea .. it is Stephen A fault. Or maybe he is stupid for stating the freaking obvious ...

AgentDib

Reaction score
joeseahawks":2w3yft2f said:
You are aware we dropped an easy TD before that? And Hoyer has put up 30+ on the Rams, but of course that doesn't matter because most fans only care about bickering over how big their offense is.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3llixq03 said:
Yea .. it is Stephen A fault. Or maybe he is stupid for stating the freaking obvious ...

No one is blaming Stephen A Smith. I do find it funny he's being given any credit for "being right" about the offense.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uqsbgol3 said:
Not sure bout you guys, but I consider this a positive.

This team thrives on negative national media coverage, I want more talking heads crapping on the Hawks. Bring it on, the more the merrier.

Maybe that's the problem, we're not a good front runner. We play much better as the slighted underdog no one respects. It's why Sherman makes a big deal out of the most innocuous of statements from the media.

Exactly! Spot on. This team thrives in the face of adversity and criticism. Bring it on!

Attachments

• CadRXk4XEAEMsZi.jpg
    CadRXk4XEAEMsZi.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,574

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I suppose his opinion is accurate, but not fair or holistic. I actually like Nick Wright on FS1's opinion better. Russell Wilson is surrounded by the lowest paid offense in the league. We rank dead last in money spent on offense, which speaks to what Wilson has worked with and the magic he's pulled off

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Stephen A aside, ESPN has been going off on us all week. I tend bar in the evenings and always have ESPN on one of the TVs, and every show, at one point or another, has addressed us. Around the Horn, PTI, etc., they've all called out the Seahawks offense this week.

Fact: We're so bad it's national news.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
It's an interesting story line for everyone to pick up on. I'd think the Cowboys and Giants would be bigger news. Either way.. one TD in two games for a team with Super Bowl aspirations isn't good.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I like Stephen A. He picked the Seahawks to win it all last year if I recall correctly. I think he's disappointed like a lot of people. Did anyone see the rest of the segment? Did the other two guys counterpoint? I imagine not. I am not bothered by his comments at all. I was bothered by the fact that the Rams could get in to the endzone so many times against the 9ers. Anyway, I wasn't that upset over our offensive performance in game 2. I was in game 1. The time of possession, number of first downs, 3rd down conversion rate, 4th down conversion rate, use of Russell moving around, total rushing yards, total yards were all improved. At the end of the game I was more pissed off about the drops then the poor blocking. Our receivers have been pretty sure handed the last few seasons, so I don't think we'll always have that problem. Russell was getting the ball out faster and moving around. I think the offense will start putting more points on the board personally. I like the looks of Darboh and Carson as rookies. Not all gloom and doom.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3tycvmo5 said:
Sgt. Largent":3tycvmo5 said:
Uncle Si":3tycvmo5 said:
Seriously. Can't the board beat itself up enough without needing Stephen A Smith as the ring announcer?

That's his job, what do you want him to talk about?

His job is to get clicks, and obviously it worked cause here were are talking about it.

Maybe as a forum fanbase, we should stop being so thin skinned about the national media saying negative things about our team. I just agreed with the irony.

I think you misunderstood.

I don't care what Stephen A Smith thinks. I find it hilariously sad that people on here are using his comments on the Seahawks as some proof that they are indeed right about being concerned about our offense.

Yeah... the offense isn't a good. Thanks Stephen A!!!

I'm not a huge Stephan A. fan, but in general I think he's one of the more intelligent well spoken sports talking heads.

So not shocking that people here are using him as validation.

But yes, this is low hanging fruit type "controversy." No duh the Hawk's offense stinks right now.

GLio14

Reaction score
Why is he calling out Britt, when he's the only position on the OLine that's actually competent?

Other than that, he's right. Which is a first.

AgentDib

Reaction score
capncrunch":1oupwv2c said:
I was bothered by the fact that the Rams could get in to the endzone so many times against the 9ers.
Were you equally encouraged by how many times the 49ers got into the endzone against the Rams? The Rams won by two while we won by three, the Rams offense did a miserable job protecting the ball, and they lost the "time of possession battle" that most people around here put too much stock in.

I don't understand what team many of you have been watching the last six years. We've been able to score points when we need to by taking risks and opening things up, but Pete has always been perfectly happy to win low scoring games with lots of punts that give the opponent a long field.

Over the years people have tried to complicated that super obvious explanation with a bunch of nonsense. Maybe it's because we defer, maybe it's our halftime adjustments, maybe rushing offenses have to wait until the 4th quarter to see results, maybe our offense somehow always starts slow due to some mystical force, maybe we are good when RW stops listening to Bevell (?!) in important situations. The new fad explanation is about the no huddle and that should last us this season probably.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't do ####'s. In a few weeks, after we've rattled off some wins and scored some points, folks like SA will puff up and claim somehow that the coaches must have heard them and take credit for the improvement.

:34853_doh:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
HawkerD":ejloisb7 said:
GO ahead and not like the guy for whatever reason you want but dude is exactly on point. This forum has woken up to it as well as most of the local media. Can't really deny it unless you are of the homer variety.

True.

The team has been in a long slow spiral for some time...