The Last Play (Story)

TCS

Reaction score
Hey All,

Thought I'd relay a quick story... A friend of mine's younger brother is a coach for the Saints. We were all vacationing together last month and I engaged him in a discussion about the dreaded "Last Play". I hadn't had much of an opportunity to pick his brain as whenever I see him it's usually family time. However, we were standing next to the pool watching the kids play, and beer was flowing freely. Seemed like a good time to get in there...

I'll spare you a full discourse of the conversation, but there was one thing that stuck out to me - He said that after the superbowl the whole Saints coaching staff got together and watched film of the dreaded last play. He said that they watched it literally over one hundred times, analyzing it from every possible angle. I never really thought about how much other coaching staffs' must watch film like this. Sure, I know they LIVE in the film room, but to watch this particular play...? Just tells me how unique it was, and how much of a learning opportunity it presented for not only the Hawks staff, but everyone else as well.

We went back and forth about football, until one of his older brothers' wanted to argue about who was at fault (Sound like a familiar debate? :)). Can't get in between something like that - especially since I needed a refill.

Go Hawks!

morgulon1

Reaction score
so...................

What did they (Saints coaches) say regarding the play?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
saints coaching staff should really focus on their problems....otherwise might be unemployed...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1wia8yqu said:
saints coaching staff should really focus on their problems....otherwise might be unemployed...

Being the 2-time defending NFC Champs, and one of the favorites yet again, I kind of think we are their problem....at least one of them.

Latest posts