The Blair Walsh Appreciation Thread

chris98251

Reaction score
He will carry the Scott Norwood Cross now, never the same after his misses .

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I'm not going to kick the guy when he's down.

But I'm glad he didn't make that final kick, also asking a guy to make 4 FGs in that weather is a pretty tall order.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
City Of Reign":20a0q3hu said:
The replay shows a lot of the blame actually goes on the holder who had a really really bad hold for Walsh. None the less that was such a chip shot, I'm just stunned !!!

Edit: Man looking at it again, that hold not only showed the laces, it was tilted toward the goal, just a pathetic hold. I know a lot of blame will be piled on Walsh, but that was all the holder

The holders name..... Jeff Locke. It all makes sense. Duck fans understand..

Vikes45

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":iqtolwd4 said:
I'll be the first to say thank you, that was a terribly generous act. What a man.

LOL!

I personally do not blame Walsh. He hit 3 out of 4 FG's in terrible conditions. The Vikings offense did not punch the ball into the endzone one time. Peterson fumbled in a critical place which is typical for him (anyone remember the '09 NFC Championship game...3 fumbles)

Walsh also hit at least 2 touchbacks on KO's. He did his job, the team did not.

But I get your sentiment LOL.

As weird as this sounds, I feel good about this game. I've always felt this team isn't ready for the next step up. We need to move on from Adrian Peterson and focus on Teddy Bridgewater and the passing game. We have some decent RB's (Asiata and McKinnon) and I expect offensive line focused draft this year and a WR.

Teddy is 23 years old and I think he has a high ceiling.

BTW, if you guys had Lynch in this game it would have been completely different. There was so many times I saw spots where he would have ripped off big runs after broken tackles.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
The irony is that he singlehandedly almost won the game for them. Between his FGs and his kickoffs, he would have been the MVP IMO.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Vikes45":nrvlawn7 said:
SomersetHawk":nrvlawn7 said:
I'll be the first to say thank you, that was a terribly generous act. What a man.

LOL!

I personally do not blame Walsh. He hit 3 out of 4 FG's in terrible conditions. The Vikings offense did not punch the ball into the endzone one time. Peterson fumbled in a critical place which is typical for him (anyone remember the '09 NFC Championship game...3 fumbles)

As weird as this sounds, I feel good about this game. I've always felt this team isn't ready for the next step up. We need to move on from Adrian Peterson and focus on Teddy Bridgewater and the passing game. We have some decent RB's (Asiata and McKinnon) and I expect offensive line focused draft this year and a WR.

BTW, if you guys had Lynch in this game it would have been completely different. There was so many times I saw spots where he would have ripped off big runs after broken tackles.

You guys have nothing to hang your heads about. I for one think you guys got a really good team with really good young talent. I think Bridgewater may need to be let loose a few times, that's a talented QB you guys got back there. that defense is good as well, I like a lot of the talent you guys have there. You went toe to toe with the defending NFC champs and a premier team in the league and almost got it. Much respect to the Vikings.

DHawk

Reaction score
Vikes45":26munrq1 said:
SomersetHawk":26munrq1 said:

LOL!

You sir, are a true gentleman and a scholar.

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
It was said from the beginning the sub-zero temps were not going to be a friend of the kickers. That proved to be the case. Congrats to the Vikings for wining their division over the Packers. Do that again next year please - and enjoy your new stadium. And I hope you will be their pulling for us next week to make it a very short post season for Cam Newton.

djb28

Reaction score
I text my Dad. Vike fan. Before kick. " Don't Miss"
After kick. "He kicked that so far left it was like he was trying to miss"

He hasnt responded yet.

harryjohnson

Reaction score
CYZCe8LVAAAo2Df.jpg

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I feel really bad for Walsh right now. What he is experiencing is probably the worst you can feel in the NFL: Knowing you cost your team their season.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/chipscoggins/status/686298674842865665[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PhilMackey/status/686304274431672322[/tweet]

SuperFreak

Reaction score
I feel for him his team and thier fans that was brutal closer than a PAT. I feel good for myself and the Seahawks though.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I have a lot of respect for that kid right now. You know he probably wants to hide out, but he went to the podium and minced no words in saying it was on him. I'm glad we won, but I hope he doesn't take too much flack for missing the kick because he's clearly a stand-up guy.

Latest posts