The Blair Walsh Appreciation Thread

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm guessing Sherman's near block on the previous kick had to be on his mind. Kicked it away from his side on the last play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm not going to pile on the guy, I'm sure he is going thru pure hell right now.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
like John Madden once said in a playoff game we won a few years back on a botched kick..."nothing is automatic in football".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DavidSeven":ps00ykup said:
I'm guessing Sherman's near block on the previous kick had to be on his mind. Kicked it away from his side on the last play.
Yep, also it looked like he forgot he was on the left side of the field, he kicked it like he was on the right side where the kick would still be good.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
"The laces were in Dan!!" - Ray Finkle

[youtube]NCOGH--E_80[/youtube]

This is Walsh's future.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
The replay shows a lot of the blame actually goes on the holder who had a really really bad hold for Walsh. None the less that was such a chip shot, I'm just stunned !!!

Edit: Man looking at it again, that hold not only showed the laces, it was tilted toward the goal, just a pathetic hold. I know a lot of blame will be piled on Walsh, but that was all the holder

samwize77

Reaction score
Why not thank the man? He's my hero right now...lol. But I do feel for the guy because this will last a long long long time.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
City Of Reign":us72r9s0 said:
The replay shows a lot of the blame actually goes on the holder who had a really really bad hold for Walsh. None the less that was such a chip shot, I'm just stunned !!!

Edit: Man looking at it again, that hold not only showed the laces, it was tilted toward the goal, just a pathetic hold. I know a lot of blame will be piled on Walsh, but that was all the holder

Maybe, but they also showed replays of a couple other of his kicks. The laces were in on those too. Dude just missed it. I guess Walsh didn't want it more.