The Bandwagon is kinda true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RockHawk":3l338z6w said:
Tical21":3l338z6w said:
Or you could not be a complete douche, be happy for A Better Seattle and the at-risk youth that they help, and hope for twice as many people next year.

I think he did say that, so you could try to not be a complete douche by calling out someone for being a complete douche that wasn't at all being a complete douche.

Back on topic, I agree that the more casual fans have definitely come out of the woodwork due to the success, but I don't see it as a negative thing at all, and I have never really understood people that claim it's somehow a slight on their "I'm a true fan because I've been there from the start" point. The more the merrier I say, especially when it means more money for a great cause as was this situation!

WHAMMY !

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Tical21":148s2v7x said:
hawknation2014":148s2v7x said:
Tical21":148s2v7x said:
Or you could not be a complete douche, be happy for A Better Seattle and the at-risk youth that they help, and hope for twice as many people next year.

I think you easily could have made the same point without the unnecessary name calling. Success does have its financial benefits, for Seattle, the Seahawks, and the charities they support.

But there are also the customary downsides of success for the long-time fan. More demand equals less convenience and higher ticket prices for those long-time fans. But is it all worth it in pursuit of a dynasty? Hell yes, it is.
True, I easily could have, and chose not to. I donate a lot of my free time to children's charities, and those that need their help. For this guy to actually say that A Better Seattle has too many contributors pisses me off to the point that I lost sleep last night because of it. How in the world can anyone say ANYTHING negative about ANY charity event that is trying to help children. I don't get it. Today I am ashamed to be a part of that guy's city and fanbase. He has no idea what these charities go through on a daily basis to do anything they can to help the kids that come from nothing. We're really sorry that our minor victory in the struggle to raise money for children negatively impacted your time in the 5k.

Props to you for caring deeply about the issue. But there's really no reason to lose sleep over this . . . You can be happy that more money is being raised for Pete Carroll's wonderful charity, and still loath crowds. Those things are not mutually exclusive. It's just a personal preference that has no effect on how much money was or will be raised for A Better Seattle. But again, I admire your passion and dedication to the issue.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2wzdjg30 said:
Tical21":2wzdjg30 said:
hawknation2014":2wzdjg30 said:
Tical21":2wzdjg30 said:

I think you easily could have made the same point without the unnecessary name calling. Success does have its financial benefits, for Seattle, the Seahawks, and the charities they support.

But there are also the customary downsides of success for the long-time fan. More demand equals less convenience and higher ticket prices for those long-time fans. But is it all worth it in pursuit of a dynasty? Hell yes, it is.
True, I easily could have, and chose not to. I donate a lot of my free time to children's charities, and those that need their help. For this guy to actually say that A Better Seattle has too many contributors pisses me off to the point that I lost sleep last night because of it. How in the world can anyone say ANYTHING negative about ANY charity event that is trying to help children. I don't get it. Today I am ashamed to be a part of that guy's city and fanbase. He has no idea what these charities go through on a daily basis to do anything they can to help the kids that come from nothing. We're really sorry that our minor victory in the struggle to raise money for children negatively impacted your time in the 5k.

Props to you for caring deeply about the issue. But there's really no reason to lose sleep over this . . . You can be happy that more money is being raised for Pete Carroll's wonderful charity, and still loath crowds. Those things are not mutually exclusive. It's just a personal preference that has no effect on how much money was or will be raised for A Better Seattle. But again, I admire your passion and dedication to the issue.

This...I don't think Zorn realized complaining about the crowd would have led to people thinking he was complaining about more contributions. I did the run last year and again this year. Last year was much better. They spaced out the runners better (could have been due to there being half as many as this year). There were more players down at the VMAC and they did raffles and had a band after the run. Also, it was a pretty dumb idea to have volunteers remove the timer chips right at the finish line. As soon as I finished, I was stuck there for awhile.

At least Zorn is out there, enjoying himself for the most part, being active and contributing personally to the charity. I'll run this event again next year and hope they fix some of the issues they faced this year. Instead of 1 minute waves, as the race grows, spread it out to 5 minutes or so.

DHawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":35bmxg1g said:
You guys are lame. Boggles my mind the amount of premadonnas around here.

Right there with ya, I can't understand what I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.