The 49ers Super Bowl Window Has Closed, But So Has the Division.

Jac

Reaction score
The Niners are in the same boat they've been in for almost 12 years. A great defense, skill talent all over the place..........but a not good enough QB to win it all.

Purdy's no different. Savvy, smart, but not enough measurables to win close games, or have the game put on his shoulders. Especially without his full compliment of All Pro skill players.
I don't think the 49ers have a great defense this year, though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think the 49ers have a great defense this year, though.

They've slipped the past two games, but before that they were the #1 D in the league. They're still a top 5 or 6 D in most metrics.

IMO their problems been on the offensive side of the ball through this losing streak. Only 17 pts scores each of the past 3 games.

Jac

Reaction score
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Okay, explain it then. My post was about the 49ers not being a juggernaut. How is the Seahawks game this weekend relevant?

Jac

Reaction score
They've slipped the past two games, but before that they were the #1 D in the league. They're still a top 5 or 6 D in most metrics.

IMO their problems been on the offensive side of the ball through this losing streak. Only 17 pts scores each of the past 3 games.
I think that ranking is form over substance. Their message board (and posters here) are not nearly as optimistic based on watching the team closely.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think that ranking is form over substance. Their message board (and posters here) are not nearly as optimistic based on watching the team closely.

Cause they've been spoiled with their defense, so I'm sure it does look like the sky is falling when they get stomped by a team like Cincy at home.

We're certainly not immune to that, all the chicken littles come out of the woodwork here after a bad loss. Hell, they still are here after 5-2.

94Smith

Reaction score
A lot of the Seahawks key pieces are 30 and older. Especially on defense. Seahawks have more players in their 30s than the 49ers

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Okay, explain it then. My post was about the 49ers not being a juggernaut. How is the Seahawks game this weekend relevant?
Seriously? If Hawks lose Sunday they'd be 5-3, the 49ers would be 5-3. If the 49ers are not according to you "juggernauts" what does that say about the Hawks? I think you're just looking to argue.

Jac

Reaction score
Seriously? If Hawks lose Sunday they'd be 5-3, the 49ers would be 5-3. If the 49ers are not according to you "juggernauts" what does that say about the Hawks? I think you're just looking to argue.
Win or lose this Sunday, the Seahawks are not a juggernaut. I haven't even talked about them in this thread so I'm not sure the point here. This thread is about the 49ers and their SB window. The 49ers are clearly still in their SB window but they're not a powerhouse that's an overwhelming favorite to even make it. They are currently out of that type of window with last year being their closest to it.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Win or lose this Sunday, the Seahawks are not a juggernaut. I haven't even talked about them in this thread so I'm not sure the point here. This thread is about the 49ers and their SB window. The 49ers are clearly still in their SB window but they're not a powerhouse that's an overwhelming favorite to even make it. They are currently out of that type of window with last year being their closest to it.
Any team sitting at 5-3 week 9 is still a SB contender

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Pretty sure this is just Fade setting up his "Fire Pete" schtick if/when the Seahawks don't win the division.
Sometimes I really wish we can get Fade inside the VMAC and tell the entirety of the team from top to bottom how he feels about them.

Sometimes I feel Fade is just Rob Staton undercover.

Last edited:

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Sometimes I really wish we can get Fade inside the VMAC and tell the entirety of the team from top to bottom how he feels about them.

To his credit, I can envision Fade walking right up to the team inside the VMAC behaving like owns the place. So, there's that.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
So how often do the lights go out in Vegas and will they open the roof mid game, will the Officials swallow their whistles or become puppets for steering, it is in Vegas after all.

Latest posts