The 2021 Seattle Mariners thread

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3rtqh0rv said:
That’s another reason I’m pissed on how they are handling the Kelenic situation, we finally have a guy that’s going to be a “stud” coming from our farm system (yes I know he was drafted by the Mets), and IMHO they just shortened his time as a mariner as I’d be shocked if he signs an extension after this. ....and when you trade a superstar in his prime, you never get anywhere close to his value back.

The only shining sliver of hope he stays is that the Mariners have a ton of success (see winning a World Series) with this young crop of players that enjoys playing together so much they want to stay together and the Mariners don’t Penny pinch their way back to mediocrity. The Mariners are banking on this severe long shot, that is unlikely to happen.

I hope I’m wrong, but it’s not likely.

If we're lucky, the new leadership will be able to sweet talk him with the whole, "our direction and money offers does not reflect the idiots who preceded us," spiel.

Immediate success would be welcome, though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Threedee":2nz756e4 said:
Sports Hernia":2nz756e4 said:
That’s another reason I’m pissed on how they are handling the Kelenic situation, we finally have a guy that’s going to be a “stud” coming from our farm system (yes I know he was drafted by the Mets), and IMHO they just shortened his time as a mariner as I’d be shocked if he signs an extension after this. ....and when you trade a superstar in his prime, you never get anywhere close to his value back.

The only shining sliver of hope he stays is that the Mariners have a ton of success (see winning a World Series) with this young crop of players that enjoys playing together so much they want to stay together and the Mariners don’t Penny pinch their way back to mediocrity. The Mariners are banking on this severe long shot, that is unlikely to happen.

If we're lucky, the new leadership will be able to sweet talk him with the whole, "our direction and money offers does not reflect the idiots who preceded us," spiel.

I hope you are right.

They will have 4 young stud outfielders they can interchange (Kelenic, J-rod, Lewis, and Trammel).

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":86bw5lhh said:
Threedee":86bw5lhh said:
Sports Hernia":86bw5lhh said:

I hope you are right.

They will have 4 young stud outfielders they can interchange (Kelenic, J-rod, Lewis, and Trammel).

I've spent years believing that immediate success would follow the departure of Lincoln and Armstrong. I am still committed to that belief, despite the hiring and firing of a complete asshat for CEO.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm watching the home opener with the SF Giants.

Top of the 5th, 4-0, Giants.

Everyone has an off day but so far the Mariners aren't looking terribly impressive.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3pzfvfej said:

Everyone has an off day but so far the Mariners aren't looking terribly impressive.
The Mariners are still a work in progress. Young team, one of their best players Lewis is on the DL, and their best prospect is stupidly in the minors for 15 games while the Mariners play idiotic arbitration games with him.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":194c0u5d said:
SantaClaraHawk":194c0u5d said:

The Mariners are still a work in progress. Young team, one of their best players Lewis is on the DL, and their best prospect is stupidly in the minors for 15 games while the Mariners play idiotic arbitration games with him.

Yeah, never heard those excuses before./s

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":36foiuz2 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mitch_Seattle/status/1377827523334004741[/tweet]
Marco pitching batting practice, and the M’s can’t hit.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Mariners got the lead now in the 8th. Wow...I thought it would be a shutout or near the other way.

Crizilla

Reaction score
As soon as I turned on the radio to hear rick rizz the rally started

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
I hope the all around pitching is an improvement all around from last year. That's all I ask.

But great win! I love those types of deep comeback victories. Can't wait till Lewis is back in the fold.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":299hpsl3 said:
I hope the all around pitching is an improvement all around from last year. That's all I ask.

But great win! I loved those types of deep comeback victories. Can't wait till Lewis is back in the fold.
Get Lewis back and call Kelenic up in a couple of weeks and the line up will be much stronger.
With Paxton pitching tonight I expect a Mariners win.

Chapow

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":27rgpb1h said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mitch_Seattle/status/1377827523334004741[/tweet]

Too bad for Mitch he missed a pretty sweet comeback so his wife could watch The View.

Haha.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":18i7xtq1 said:
Thepeelsessions":18i7xtq1 said:

But great win! I loved those types of deep comeback victories. Can't wait till Lewis is back in the fold.
Get Lewis back and call Kelenic up in a couple of weeks and the line up will be much stronger.
I'm afraid Pax was pushed back to game 5. Yusei tonight.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":37eu9lln said:
Sports Hernia":37eu9lln said:
Thepeelsessions":37eu9lln said:

You are correct.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":386qmtnu said:
sutz":386qmtnu said:
Sports Hernia":386qmtnu said:
Thepeelsessions":386qmtnu said:

You are correct.

Yep. I'd love to see a game where the prized pitcher from Japan doesn't get lit up. No more excuses for him trying to get used to MLB pitchers. At some point we just need to realize if he's actually good or not. Kikuchi was extremely underwhelming last year and looked equally so in preseason.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
I was surprised to see an article on MLB.com that had Yusei as a dark horse Cy Young candidate. He has the tools just needs to figure it out.

getnasty

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2owpuu42 said:
I was surprised to see an article on MLB.com that had Yusei as a dark horse Cy Young candidate. He has the tools just needs to figure it out.

I just don't even see the tools. I mean the tools to be a number 3 or 4 starter maybe but literally nothing about him wows me what do ever.