Tate not happy with us

jblaze

Reaction score
Tate needs to be careful here. He probably has hundreds of thousands of fans/supporters across the globe and then probably 50 people respond to him negatively after moving to Detroit on twitter and then his response back is sent to those hundreds of thousands of fans. He can't be that dense that there are going to be some irrational and emotional fans who will say anything and everything they want on an anonymous social media site to put him on blast.

This is the age of social media, this is going to happen but you can't respond to it. This only makes him look bad.

The Hawks gave him a half hearted contract offer because they didn't really want him back, he got more elsewhere and the fit is good, everyone should be happy. His skills weren't necessarily unique and we have very similar WR's right now already on the roster.

Sounds like sour grapes to me in that interview. He would be better served to be mature and thankful for his time here and the fans support and go out with class. But again, Tate was always pretty immature and egotistical so I'm sure he felt compelled to respond to the perceived lack of respect.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I have a feeling he's still just irritated at having to live in Detroit...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2qduokq2 said:
DavidSeven":2qduokq2 said:
Pete Carroll on Tate's contract:

"Well, no, Golden was a terrific football player here and a great contributor, and he did everything he could just like he said he did, and the fact that the.. the reality of having to deal with the rules and the guidelines of the, you know, the cap business and all of the stuff that goes on financially, there's realities you have to face there and they're not always ones that are pleasant, and not everybody can understand how things are gonna work, so we have a real strategy, John Schneider's done a fantastic job of putting this thing together, so we've orchestrated the process to keep a really good team intact."

Read more: http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/onair/the ... z2wRkS30R9

Again, Seattle obviously made a business decision to protect its own interests. Not sure why anyone wants to put that on Tate.

and not everybody can understand how things are gonna work,

Taking a little shot at Tate?

Seems equally plausible that it's a shot at butthurt 12s.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
DavidSeven":3u8nqvxw said:

"Well, no, Golden was a terrific football player here and a great contributor, and he did everything he could just like he said he did, and the fact that the.. the reality of having to deal with the rules and the guidelines of the, you know, the cap business and all of the stuff that goes on financially, there's realities you have to face there and they're not always ones that are pleasant, and not everybody can understand how things are gonna work, so we have a real strategy, John Schneider's done a fantastic job of putting this thing together, so we've orchestrated the process to keep a really good team intact."

Again, Seattle obviously made a business decision to protect its own interests. Not sure why anyone wants to put that on Tate.

People here aren't putting that on Tate.

What they are putting on Tate is his inability to shut up, move on to Detroit, stop coming on local radio to whine and complain about being lowballed and how the 12s hate him, and in general paint a fan base with a broad brush based on the minority of Twitdiots we have being keyboard jockeys.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
DavidSeven":27tbds3b said:
-The Glove-":27tbds3b said:
DavidSeven":27tbds3b said:

true that..."but he said he would give us a discount!" 40% ain't no damn discount.

seahawks187

Reaction score
As soon as Percy came and was given all that $$ it was the start of the end for Golden Tate.. I was upset about this last year because it was an inevitable situation. I felt like we didn't need Harvin and we could win with the WRs and weapons we already had.. We are SEAHAWK fans first.. it sucks losing players and I will be rooting for them to have success but when Tate comes out with this crap it makes me care about him less and less .. cya

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I don't care what Tate thinks.
In this system, you can't pay for more than 1 high priced WR.
Just take a look at the WRs that have left Pittsburgh to get paid.

We need to pay our key personnel and cycle through young WRs.
Russell is at the point where he is creating receivers and they will eventually
command too much and leave.

Sorry Tate, its just the business.

jblaze

Reaction score
I think we may draft a couple of WR's this year.

CANHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1bkky8m5 said:
-The Glove-":1bkky8m5 said:
DavidSeven":1bkky8m5 said:

It's both equally I imagine. Tate seems to have a higher opinion of his worth to the team than the team actually does. Some 12's seem to think that giving a "little discount" equates to working for half your value because it's "soooo awesome here".

It sounds like all sorts of people did a horrible job of managing expectations all around. It's like Taylor Mays all over again...

HansGruber

Reaction score
TheHawkster":3bj2kiu2 said:
I don't care what Tate thinks.
In this system, you can't pay for more than 1 high priced WR.
Just take a look at the WRs that have left Pittsburgh to get paid.

We need to pay our key personnel and cycle through young WRs.
Russell is at the point where he is creating receivers and they will eventually
command too much and leave.

Sorry Tate, its just the business.

Totally agree. I don't even remember the last Superbowl winner to do it with a group of star receivers.

I think the position as a whole is VASTLY overrated. Look at the success NY, NE, and Pitt all had by shunning big contracts at WR. On the flip side, look at teams like ATL, MIN, and DET that put a premium on the position. They continually suck.

Tate was best when teams were focused on stopping the run. But every time we played a great secondary, especially against our NFCW foes, he looked TERRIBLE.

If we want to compete in the NFCW, we need more speed and size at receiver. Guys who can get open against DBs like Peterson and the Honey Badger.

Tate should be thanking Seattle, and especially Wilson, for making his market much bigger than it was last off-season. He was garbage until Wilson came along. I've heard some valid arguments that he was mostly getting open when Wilson scrambled but can't get open otherwise. Attending the games in person gives you a chance to see that, and is exactly what I saw late last season. Surely the WR coach saw it, too. I mean he absolutely SUCKED at getting open when Wilson stayed in the pocket.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Note to Tate:

Trolls exist on the internet. If you feed them, they will multiply. You're feeding them while alienating your supporters.

If you've been around Pete Carroll for 4 years and haven't learned to focus on the positive, I wonder if you understood what he was saying.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
If you are mad at anyone, be mad at the Seahawks for not valuing Golden Tate as much as you value him. They made the choice to offer him substantially less than another team, and that is why he is on a new team now.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":3mwn70sd said:
If you are mad at anyone, be mad at the Seahawks for not valuing Golden Tate as much as you value him. They made the choice to offer him substantially less than another team, and that is why he is on a new team now.
Why would we be mad at our front office? They valued him at probably 4 Mil to 4.5 Mil a year. That's what he is worth to us. He isn't a gamebreaker like Harvin. The Lions just overpaid because they are the Lions and they still think that passing the ball 2903290812 times wins games.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Business is business.

Don't be pissed at Seattle/12s because you took 1-2 more million dollars more to play in a much shittier city, enjoy the new lambo though.

...Now shut up and play football.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":2sbho551 said:
Missing_Clink":2sbho551 said:
Why would we be mad at our front office? They valued him at probably 4 Mil to 4.5 Mil a year. That's what he is worth to us. He isn't a gamebreaker like Harvin. The Lions just overpaid because they are the Lions and they still think that passing the ball 2903290812 times wins games.

How is Tate overpaid? Everyone who knows this stuff said he could get $6M/year before he ever signed with anyone. Some were estimating even more than (foolish, IMO). $6M/year was always going to be the sweet spot. Tate is making roughly the same on average as Amendola, Brian Hartline, Wes Welker, and other legit WR2s. Hell, Riley Cooper just signed $25M/5.

People saying this guy is worth $3-4M on the open market are being ridiculous. Seattle didn't want him back because they've already dumped too much money into WR. All there is to it. If they did want him, they would've offered him something close to $6M/year. It was plain as day that he would command at least that much from other teams.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Hey I wish Tate all the best when he is not suiting up against the hawks but if your not with us your against us. As far as being over paid goes well IMO almost every pro athlete, actor, musician is over paid. It's not as if they are protecting or educating our children.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":l1i4dm09 said:
Meh. He needs thicker skin. So do fans who act jilted.
Agreed. Tate said he felt insulted by the Hawks offer. Well Golden, as you players are famous for saying "it's not personal, it's just business!" He is also forgetting there is a thing called the salary cap, if there wasn't a salary cap I don't think the Hawks with Paul Allen's money would have had a problem paying Tate what Detroit did.

I love the way the guy played the past couple of years but he needs to mature a bit and grow a little thicker skin IMHO, as do the clowns on social media.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
Anthony!":3pd4rg3i said:
"I'm just appalled at the attitude I've received on Twitter from people I thought were Golden Tate fans," Tate said Tuesday on 710 ESPN Seattle. "People are starting to show their true colors. I think the world of the 12s [Seahawks fans], but there is a large group who very quickly turned on me. It kind of bothered me because I felt like I gave everything I possibly could to the city of Seattle."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10630 ... -laughable

He's right. And who cares? Next.