Tate not happy with us

mrt144

Reaction score
seahawksny":3lw4h4lw said:
Lets be real people-

If this guy was NOT a seahawk the last four years, what would you think of him?

He gets caught robbing I think it was a donut shop when he arrived- Real smooth

The taunt in the Rams game ( amongst others that werent as obvious) rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Now, he comes out and bites the hand that fed him his entire pro career? Not classy. Who is bashing him? A few fans? Most if not all Non Seahawk fans do not like this guy as a person, so Im not surprised by his reaction. He is very immature and the guy really lacks class IMO.

900 some yards this year? Phenomenal. Do we beat the rams in St Lou without his catch? maybe not. So I dont think anybody doubts his talent, but to say that he would take a discount and then bash the team for not offering enough? Not classy. Very A-Rod -esque. Its not about the money....yeah, ok

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound prattling on about classiness with Richard Sherman on the roster? I love his swagger but cmon, if you're going to do your best to diminish Tate as a player , QED, his classiness or lack thereof didn't hinder both his ability to contribute to a Superb Owl winning team and to make more money in his next contract. To hold such a personal and subjective metric over his head as a justification for why you're glad to see him gone sounds petty.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Im not glad he is gone. Just giving reasons why others won't like the guy.
Im actually worried about the receiving core. He was huge part of it. Please read my comments a little more carefully. I never said his personality affected his play or contribution. The revisionist history created due to peoples hidden agendas is astounding. I'm not glad he is gone at all.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I would love it if Golden was still on the squad but Lions fans are kidding themselves if they think they got their missing piece. Stupid franchise. They should have went for Byrd since their safeties SUCK!!!! Bad!!! Offense is not the problem in Detroit. It's D.
Until they fix that, they will not win a championship EVER.
I posted this because I hear Lions fans talk all the time out here. (shaking me head)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
While Tate is a good player, it's not a huge loss. Tate was non-existent in the playoffs. Doug Baldwin has stepped up and pretty much made Tate expendable from a receiving standpoint. The draft is deep at WR. This is the year to grab a couple. So the options are there. Seattle made an offer, Tate didn't like so he took Lions offer. I believe the Lions overpaid. Tate will be unhappy once the games begin and he doesn't get any passes thrown his way. Punt returns are another story. Tate will be missed there.

One other thing, Tate left because of the money. Not because he wasn't getting the ball, etc. It was about the money. If Tate had a brain, he would have gone to the Panthers or Jets...couple of teams in dire need of receiving help. He probably would see more passes his way and may have even gotten more money in the process. Instead he bolted as soon as the Lions made their offer which was the 2nd day of free agency. The Seahawks are smart not to give him that kind of money. What would it say to Baldwin, who's produced more than Tate. They would have to give Doug equal or better. Baldwin at this point is a better player anyway. Need to keep Baldwin and show him some money.

MagHawk

Reaction score
SirTed":2craxpn8 said:
To me the appropriate response to Golden Tate is : Congratulations to Tate on a fantastic contract. He was an important part of our first and only SB. With the success that this team has had in the draft and FA it became impossible to keep everyone. Sorry to see him go, but I understand. THE END.

And this is exactly how I felt about the entire situation - until I heard the interview on KIRO this week.

Now I don't really like him at all, and I can't wait until Kam gets the chance to hit him!