Sweezy Concussion

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
Hawks46":fyr6tt1f said:
Our best run blocker is Giacommini.

I think this is actually good news for the OL. Sweezy is a good run blocker, but he's not all that physical, and he gets owned in pass pro. RG lines up opposite Dockett.

So now we have Bowie vs. Dockett instead of Sweezy vs. Dockett. I'm much happier with that matchup, at least in the pass game. I'm not all that thrilled with Sweezy; I see him get beat at the point of attack too much. Maybe I'm being impatient with his progression, but I honestly don't know what they see in him. I don't think he brings any more to the table than a guy they draft in the 2nd or 3rd round this year honestly.

Wrong.....Sweezy is the best run blocker. And if you paid attention to the first Cardinals games this year Sweezy owned Dockett all game. Sweezy has also been one of the more consistent OL lineman we have had this year. Pass Pro included.

Jville

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":28cxwk33 said:
Hawks46":28cxwk33 said:
Our best run blocker is Giacommini.

I think this is actually good news for the OL. Sweezy is a good run blocker, but he's not all that physical, and he gets owned in pass pro. RG lines up opposite Dockett.

So now we have Bowie vs. Dockett instead of Sweezy vs. Dockett. I'm much happier with that matchup, at least in the pass game. I'm not all that thrilled with Sweezy; I see him get beat at the point of attack too much. Maybe I'm being impatient with his progression, but I honestly don't know what they see in him. I don't think he brings any more to the table than a guy they draft in the 2nd or 3rd round this year honestly.

Wrong.....Sweezy is the best run blocker. And if you paid attention to the first Cardinals games this year Sweezy owned Dockett all game. Sweezy has also been one of the more consistent OL lineman we have had this year. Pass Pro included.

Yea .... Giacommini was still knocking some rust off last week after missing something like 7 weeks. Kind of an out of left field comment from 46.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
I can't see how anyone can call sweet the best offensive lineman even with the run game qualifier. It's just not true. Could he get there? Yes, but he has a ways to go

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ioks69a said:
I can't see how anyone can call sweet the best offensive lineman even with the run game qualifier. It's just not true. Could he get there? Yes, but he has a ways to go
Nobody called him that. What was posted is what the coaches have been saying about him this season.
He is one of our best run blockers and, on average, through all of the OL flux this season, has been the most consistent. That characterization is not a stretch at all, considering he was playing with a rook next to him, an out-of-position Guard at LT, and Carp at LG with some B/U Center sprinkled in. And he DID fare much better against Docket than he did last year.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This will definitely be a match up to watch. Hopefully whoever steps in for JR will be able to do a fine job.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
EXTRA POINTS

Right guard J.R. Sweezy (concussion) has been ruled out of the game against the Cardinals. Sweezy suffered the concussion Sunday against the New York Giants. Carroll did not commit to Sweezy’s replacement, but possibilities include Paul McQuistan, Lemuel Jeanpierre or rookie Alvin Bailey. ...

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/12/2 ... rylink=cpy

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2ggxv6ar said:
EXTRA POINTS

Right guard J.R. Sweezy (concussion) has been ruled out of the game against the Cardinals. Sweezy suffered the concussion Sunday against the New York Giants. Carroll did not commit to Sweezy’s replacement, but possibilities include Paul McQuistan, Lemuel Jeanpierre or rookie Alvin Bailey. ...

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/12/2 ... rylink=cpy

Yeah, coach said he got the concussion on Sunday, but they weren't aware of it until Wednesday when he tried to practice and something was wrong. I imagine Sweez got a some remedial concussion awareness training once they found out ;)

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2yrldgcp said:
This will definitely be a match up to watch. Hopefully whoever steps in for JR will be able to do a fine job.
Yeah, I'm actually hoping to see Bowie in there. If that doesn't work, they can try McQuistan (against Dockett, shudder). Hopefully they don't risk the Frenchman because if we lose him our depth at Center is Jared the Bunny Rabbit.