Super Bowl Window

justafan

Reaction score
As long as you have a player like RW at QB and the leaders on the D locked up the window will be open.This doesnt mean we can expect 12-4 every year.Over the next 7 or 8 years we will go in with a chance even though there will be ups and downs.

Every year part of every team comes and goes.Any given year its how the new parts come in and gell with the old.
One year we may struggle but the next we may be in the SB.But the window will be open as long as you have the core and leadership together.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Nope, we are in for the long haul, as long as Pete and JS are there, I believe we will have a chance every year! The only sad part is season ticket prices from 130 may jump to 500 during that time :D

jblaze

Reaction score
The reality is we probably have this year and maybe next. That would be a solid 4 year run which is longer than most windows but we've managed the cap well and kept our superstars while getting solid play from players on rookie/vet min contracts.

In 2017, we'll most certainly be without Lynch and our defense will have a lot of miles on those tires and they'll be getting closer to 30.

Joyodongo

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2lajplao said:
Joyodongo":2lajplao said:
If we loose the next 2 games (at Bengals and vs Panthers), something I don't see so improbable, we won't make it this year. Even winning this games, I don't know if we can make the SB with such a weak link (the o-line).

Why would losing the next two games rule us out?

I mean it wouldnt be great, but I think thats a little premature.

By the way, we have been to back to back SuperBowls with arguably the worst o-line in the league. Clearly it is possible, we have proven it.

I'm light-years to be an expert in football, but everyone says that the O-line previous years was mediocre and this year is horrendous (there's only room for improve but maybe the ceiling is not very high).
Anyway, I hope we don't get 2-4, we should at least beat the Panthers at home even though it won't be easy. And if we get 2-4 and we get to th SB it'd be epic and very funny and exciting.

Cartire

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1xt5ts7m said:
Is the window closed? Not with so many players still in their primes.

Are there some snags this year that might cause Seattle's downfall in 2015? Sure. Just the same as last year and the year before that.

:13:

Teams windows close when their core players begin to age out. You could argue Lynch, but I will also argue that its not that difficult or expensive of a position to fill. At least compared to any other position, sans ST.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
No.

Closed means not legitimately contending for SBs. Seattle can still do that.

Too much goes into a SB run. Even if we don't make the NFCCG, it doesn't mean it's closed. Dallas came close last year. Packers at 15-1 lost in the divisional round the year after their SB win. Their window still hasn't closed even though they've not been regular competitors for the conference championship.

This team is really close to being 3-1 as it is being 1-3. Just a break here and there separates the two. If we're 3-1 having held a late lead on the road at GB, this conversation is entirely different. Even though the difference could be just two plays in 4 games.

Too much hyperbole in the early going. It's always about how teams finish. Survive early (we've done that). Improve as the season goes on (we'll see if this holds true in the coming weeks) and finish strong (yet to be seen). If we finish strong similar to last year, even if we don't host a playoff game I like our chances a lot.

About the only thing that derails a good run this year if we achieve those, is if we end up falling too far behind. These next two games are pretty important. Survive the next 2 weeks and start showing improvement by the niners game. We do that, then we're in a pretty good position to make a late run.

Get Russell killed though and we're looking at draft position.