Stone Hands Adams Lost This Game

JustTheTip

Reaction score
RiverDog":1mf01v4t said:
Tusc2000":1mf01v4t said:
Can't decide who's the biggest disappointment -- Jamal Adams or D.K. Metcalf. Both will occasionally deliver an awesome play, but then deliver a jaw-dropping mistake that costs us dearly.

No kidding. Can anyone explain to me WTF Metcalf didn't immediately step out of bounds on that last play of regulation? It's amazing how many passes Metcalf can catch while playing with his head in his body cavity.

Pete's example to him made him think time management is not important. Pete had already wasted 11 seconds with less than 2 minutes left by waiting 5-6 seconds after a play ended to get the time outs called.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":2aej1b2u said:
RiverDog":2aej1b2u said:
Tusc2000":2aej1b2u said:
Can't decide who's the biggest disappointment -- Jamal Adams or D.K. Metcalf. Both will occasionally deliver an awesome play, but then deliver a jaw-dropping mistake that costs us dearly.

No kidding. Can anyone explain to me WTF Metcalf didn't immediately step out of bounds on that last play of regulation? It's amazing how many passes Metcalf can catch while playing with his head in his body cavity.

Pete's example to him made him think time management is not important. Pete had already wasted 11 seconds with less than 2 minutes left by waiting 5-6 seconds after a play ended to get the time outs called.

Now he's picking fights with Hall of Famers on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/dkm14/status/1450065891215888392

I love DK's confidence, but Sharpe's right, and the fact that DK won't admit when he screws up means we're in for a career of these type of bonehead plays that by year #3 he shouldn't be making anymore.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1cj0tiok said:
JustTheTip":1cj0tiok said:
RiverDog":1cj0tiok said:
Tusc2000":1cj0tiok said:

I love DK's confidence, but Sharpe's right, and the fact that DK won't admit when he screws up means we're in for a career of these type of bonehead plays that by year #3 he shouldn't be making anymore.

The team as a whole is undisciplined. Yet another thing that points back to the guy in charge.

jeremiah

Reaction score
YKMHawk":3qhqzocl said:
There is a reason he has never intercepted a starting QB in the NFL. Not only can he not track the ball he can’t seem to find the ball and has no coverage skills which really minimize his chances for interceptions

Deebo Adams, cain't track no ball with doze eyze. He can lay a whoopin' on ya though.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
All I know is anyone that ever implied that he was better than Kam (and I heard it all over the place), owes Kam a written apology.

Kam was a stud. The Linchpin of our defense.

Even though he won't be in the HOF, I would put him up against 2/3 of the safeties in the Hall.

In his prime, he was one of the best to play the position - ever.

Jamal was and could be good in the right hands. But he was NEVER better than Kam. Ever.

And after the trade, there were a ton of people pushing he was going to be. Ridiculous.

jeremiah

Reaction score
YKMHawk":kd1u4ezw said:
There is a reason he has never intercepted a starting QB in the NFL. Not only can he not track the ball he can’t seem to find the ball and has no coverage skills which really minimize his chances for interceptions

Deebo Adams, cain't track no ball with doze eyze. He can lay a whoopin' on ya though.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1kuuld12 said:
JustTheTip":1kuuld12 said:
RiverDog":1kuuld12 said:
Tusc2000":1kuuld12 said:

I thought calling a black man Boy was cause for a fight, lawsuits etc?

DK is like 23-24? He is acting like a child himself with that tweet.

I move to call Adams, Deebo. His eyes are so bad, he can't catch a fly at the dump.

PC and his supposed superior sure whiffed on Deebo, that is for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think Adams hands cost us the game, he never touched the ball, it hit him in the face and chest. He would have to look like he was even attempting a catch to say he has bad hands.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
JustTheTip":14p7631w said:
Sgt. Largent":14p7631w said:
JustTheTip":14p7631w said:
RiverDog":14p7631w said:

The team as a whole is undisciplined. Yet another thing that points back to the guy in charge.

While it's true that Pete has always embraced the mantra of allowing players to be themselves, I can't put DK's already annoying lack of self awareness when he screws up on Pete.

Lockett, Russ, Bobby, Carson, Brown, etc. Plenty of disciplined leaders on this team to not put DK's issues on Pete.

edogg23

Reaction score
How did DK get dragged into this thread. They need to get him the damn ball. I can see this team without DK or Russ shortly unfortunately and I don’t blame them.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Veering off topic but people taking potshots at DK don't know what they are talking about. Not even Shannon.

DK was right.

He had to take that risk because the alternative was letting his hot garbage QB lose the game later.

Better to fight for the TD because without it, you are kicking a FG and losing in OT when your QB screws up.

And sure enough.....

The fumble didn't even hurt us. We kicked the FG and went to overtime.

DK did his job. He just knew he had to do more.

K

K.J WRIGHT

jeremiah":1fuem4th said:
Sgt. Largent":1fuem4th said:
JustTheTip":1fuem4th said:
RiverDog":1fuem4th said:

I thought calling a black man Boy was cause for a fight, lawsuits etc?

DK is like 23-24? He is acting like a child himself with that tweet.

I move to call Adams, Deebo. His eyes are so bad, he can't catch a fly at the dump.

PC and his supposed superior sure whiffed on Deebo, that is for sure.

NEWS FLASH....HE SUCKS ON A GD PACIFER!!! HOW MANY MEN YOU KNOW WHO DOES THIS??

SMFH!

RiverDog

Reaction score
edogg23":2ee4kvpf said:
How did DK get dragged into this thread. They need to get him the damn ball. I can see this team without DK or Russ shortly unfortunately and I don’t blame them.

Sorry, I reacted to a post that mentioned him.

But so long as we're on the subject, we ARE getting Metcalf the ball, or at least trying to. He had 6 receptions and 7 targets last night and leads the team in both categories. 27% of our passes this season has been targeted to Metcalf. One could argue that we're trying to force the ball too much to him.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Adams is meh to me. His being or not and having whatever resources it took to get him isn't the difference between good/great team vs what we have now. He's the most convenient poster buy, but it's a waste of energy to pile on him

edogg23

Reaction score
RiverDog":2tb8embe said:
edogg23":2tb8embe said:

Sorry, I reacted to a post that mentioned him.

But so long as we're on the subject, we ARE getting Metcalf the ball, or at least trying to. He had 6 receptions and 7 targets last night and leads the team in both categories. 27% of our passes this season has been targeted to Metcalf. One could argue that we're trying to force the ball too much to him.
Are you serious???? We have throw him like 0 deep balls all year!!!! He is getting severely underutilized to the point it’s silly.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Rat":1p0wx8r3 said:
Dropped an INT in the red zone on the Steelers first INT, dropped a pick-six in the fourth. It's the trade that keeps giving for the Jets.

He DIDN"T DROP It at all. He never got his hands on the ball to drop it. It hit him in the face. Instead of being aware of the play he was evidently going for the big hit. That's the difference between Adams and say Earl Thomas or even Kam Chancellor.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Vesuve":1uifhba2 said:
HawkIndio":1uifhba2 said:
How about calling himself the greatest on the players introduction? He is just awful in coverage but his mouth is even worse

Yeah, that was not only dumb and factually wrong but low class.

"Low Class" ?

Come on, that is so disingenuous.

It is fair to critique Jamal for many things; but that "best in the nation" introduction was a kind, decent, and thoughtful gesture to pay his respects to Teneesse Sate RB Trabis Ward, who was killed in a shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnIgr2iid0

Shouldn't react like that without context.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":h1hm0zq2 said:
Rat":h1hm0zq2 said:
Dropped an INT in the red zone on the Steelers first INT, dropped a pick-six in the fourth. It's the trade that keeps giving for the Jets.

He DIDN"T DROP It at all. He never got his hands on the ball to drop it. It hit him in the face. Instead of being aware of the play he was evidently going for the big hit. That's the difference between Adams and say Earl Thomas or even Kam Chancellor.

I wonder if the other physically gifted NFL players would appear just as fast as he does if they decided to dedicate 100% of their attention every play on tackling a single player vs where the ball actually is (or may go to).

There's a saying in a lot of businesses, there is quality, cheap and fast. You can have 2 of the 3 but never all three at the same time. I feel like with JA, Seahawks got 1 of the 3.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
KinesProf":1201k7x0 said:
Vesuve":1201k7x0 said:
HawkIndio":1201k7x0 said:
How about calling himself the greatest on the players introduction? He is just awful in coverage but his mouth is even worse

Yeah, that was not only dumb and factually wrong but low class.

"Low Class" ?

Come on, that is so disingenuous.

It is fair to critique Jamal for many things; but that "best in the nation" introduction was a kind, decent, and thoughtful gesture to pay his respects to Teneesse Sate RB Trabis Ward, who was killed in a shooting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnIgr2iid0

Shouldn't react like that without context.

Without the context which even to this day is BARELY being shared ANYWHERE. Jamal Adams looks like a fool with that introduction. I don't fault others for making judgements about it without the context, which again is buried pretty deep.