Stone Hands Adams Lost This Game

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Sure, we should put it all on Adams and just pretend the team didn't piss away 2.5 quarters of football.

Tokadub":2ibtfrlp said:
I'm convinced after he gleefully said "I'm the best in the nation!" that he is WELL below average intelligence.

How could he possibly say that on national television when he would most definitely be better suited on the bench in favor of Ryan Neal based on what we've seen so far this season.

He should of had 2 easy interceptions this game, both reasonably easy catches for a pro player.

Everyone is talking about the one right before overtime but there was another throw that fell right down the middle of his body at very low speed...

He is a complete clown, and his lack of intelligence explains why he can't fit into this simple defensive scheme.

I think he meant best in the nation at getting paid more than you are actually worth. That being said, it isn't his fault they paid him that much and then tried to make him into something he isn't.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Such a bad deal for this team and it’s fans.
JA is flat out bad and so unlikeable.
That intro was so embarrassing for everyone involved.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Hendo66":1bk0jzf1 said:
Such a bad deal for this team and it’s fans.
JA is flat out bad and so unlikeable.
That intro was so embarrassing for everyone involved.

Well this is maybe the first or 2nd positive thing I've ever said about Jamal Adams here...

I don't think I dislike him on any sort of personal level. I think confidence is key for any competitor no matter what you are doing.

BUT... he just isn't good. I don't think his "juice" on the team means that much when everyone knows he is playing like hot garbage.

So if he played better I'd be fine with him saying that "I'm the best in the nation!"... even though it's probably not a good idea to say that... you are just going to add fuel to the fire of any team going against us.

I would say I don't like the trade, and I don't like how Jamal is acting based on how he's played with us. But I can't go as far to say I dislike Jamal as a person, he just seems to be totally unaware of what's happening and unable to play in our scheme.

I'm not sure if he understands his faults as a player, I'm not sure if he's trying to correct them.

He might need a reality check with the coaches straight up telling him "Jamal you are not playing well, let's figure this out."

Reaction score
Not sure what he was looking at there since his head wasn't turned or anything nor was there anything to obstruct his vision. Looking at the replay, seems like he broke on the ball and actually tried to make a play on it. His attempt at catching was probably what's you'd expect from a D-Lineman.

Vesuve

Reaction score
HawkIndio":gitvsryf said:
How about calling himself the greatest on the players introduction? He is just awful in coverage but his mouth is even worse

Yeah, that was not only dumb and factually wrong but low class.

Bullmeister

Reaction score
Vesuve":sk4h0tk9 said:
HawkIndio":sk4h0tk9 said:
How about calling himself the greatest on the players introduction? He is just awful in coverage but his mouth is even worse

Yeah, that was not only dumb and factually wrong but low class.

Yes, I definitely cringed when I heard it and knew I wasn't alone. I mean, it's not that he has even really done ANYTHING of note this year for anyone to think he is anything but "average". Maybe he was trying to put pressure on himself in front of a MNF audience to live up to what he said. I don't think he did himself any favours. I also think it may affect how his team mates perceive him once they find out what he said.

I was "on board" with Adams, but now I am not so sure.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
w00t":fuvrdjb7 said:
This guy really can't catch a ball even when it's thrown to him LOL

Adams was more interested in delivering a big hit, so he didn't bother to focus on where the ball was -- on what could have been a game-winning pick-six. He also couldn't reel in a pass earlier that a 10 year old could have caught.

There are often 4-5 clutch plays that determine who wins a game. TJ Watt demonstrated one of them. Adams failed. Twice.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm with the consensus. Adams was brought in because he's a playmaking ball hawk and last night he was anything but. This trade looks worse with each game. The guy is a one trick pony.

xray

Reaction score
Many in here were screaming for the HO to sign him up long term . :2thumbs:

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Can't decide who's the biggest disappointment -- Jamal Adams or D.K. Metcalf. Both will occasionally deliver an awesome play, but then deliver a jaw-dropping mistake that costs us dearly.

nutluck

Reaction score
Adams coverage is not great and he has very bad hands, but if he could put on some weight and moved to OLB especially in a 3-4 I think he would be a lot better. He would have pretty good coverage skills for a LB and good speed for a LB. He is already a great blitzer, if he put on some weight he could handle blocks a lot better. Anyways just my opinion of him.

sdog1981

Reaction score
nutluck":brlwilt3 said:
Adams coverage is not great and he has very bad hands, but if he could put on some weight and moved to OLB especially in a 3-4 I think he would be a lot better. He would have pretty good coverage skills for a LB and good speed for a LB. He is already a great blitzer, if he put on some weight he could handle blocks a lot better. Anyways just my opinion of him.

With how many teams are running 3 safety defenses these days in the NFL he can be that Rover/Falcon/Joker linebacker/safety hybrid. With Neal as the deep safety with Diggs.

As for last night. That was the defensive equivalent to the "butt fumble" it was really that bad.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1sail7wg said:
Can't decide who's the biggest disappointment -- Jamal Adams or D.K. Metcalf. Both will occasionally deliver an awesome play, but then deliver a jaw-dropping mistake that costs us dearly.

DK is not a disappointment at all. He should have gone out of bounds on that last catch, but he's easily our best offensive player with Russ sitting out. He'll learn from it. He needs to buy Swain a drink for bailing his ass out though.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tusc2000":14ml9via said:

No kidding. Can anyone explain to me WTF Metcalf didn't immediately step out of bounds on that last play of regulation? It's amazing how many passes Metcalf can catch while playing with his head in his body cavity.

rcaido

Reaction score
i thought he was very active in this game, making a lot of plays. Would be nice for him to catch an INT just one time...

What about Dunlap? 0 sacks in 6 games.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
xray":2crphsvv said:

And they did. And he is there. Playing every game. Not his fault he is used incorrectly.

Been saying since last year we should have switched to a 34. Adam's outside olb. Brooks and wags middle. Kj stong side olb, but he isnt here. Neal at ss and diggs fs. Blair is the nickel. Not amadi. Not anyone else. Just blair.

Now I think we are more 335. But we have to start playing more man and zone 2, quarters etc. Can't just keep running zone 3.

BASF

Reaction score
xray":jlhcy1jd said:

Please find the quotes from these posters. I'd love to make fun of them now.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
He lost this team and future with that contract and the draft picks given up for him to end up with a player who can't cover, can't catch a damn INT that hit him in the face and to top it all off he's not even getting sacks. And the only ones he did manage got turned back for offsides.

THE BEST IN THE NATION!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":2jc46qwj said:
i thought he was very active in this game, making a lot of plays..

Lot of plays = 4 tackles, no sacks, no interceptions, no QB hits, no pressures, no anything.

There is no sugar coating Adams. He's a monumental bust that we'll be talking about still in 20 years as the worst trade in Seahawk's history.

When he's finally gone from Seattle they'll be playing the football bouncing off his face on a continuous loop.