Still want Tannehill? Wake up…

Elemas

Reaction score
I’m going full John on you. Just one more of the names thrown out for a RW swap.

You anti-RW antagonists, trade for Bridgewater or Carr or Tua or…deserve reminders.

You’re crazy. You hate that he’s a role model, ideal community leader, his salary, his brand, his wife (“…she’ll prefer Vegas or NY for her career”).

Here’s to looking forward to another 5-7 with our future HOFer.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
GemCity":146ki2qj said:
I’m going full John on you. Just one more of the names thrown out for a RW swap.

You anti-RW antagonists, trade for Bridgewater or Carr or Tua or…deserve reminders.

You’re crazy. You hate that he’s a role model, ideal community leader, his salary, his brand, his wife (“…she’ll prefer Vegas or NY for her career”).

Russ has had performances like this in the postseason. I'm not sure what this post accomplishes.

It's alright to be critical of the product Russ is putting out on the field.

Rat

Reaction score
I just want the next Evan McPherson. Cant believe that kid is a rookie.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":267own16 said:
GemCity":267own16 said:

Russ has had performances like this in the postseason. I'm not sure what this post accomplishes.

Mael…this forum is inundated with anti-RW rhetoric. It’s ok to be critical. Especially this year. But, the trade Russ posts , need a game manager, can’t do anything without the run game, yada yada is ridiculous at best.

nwHawk

Reaction score
GemCity":1uez0fui said:

Never liked Tanny, so I’d pass on him.

Oh, FYI, Seattle is 14-14 in their last 28 games. Scary, if Wilson is still “elite”. He does have some elite qualities but he’s not as good as he used to be or as Seahawks fans want him to be.

toffee

Reaction score
GemCity":1fhhy3ut said:
Maelstrom787":1fhhy3ut said:
GemCity":1fhhy3ut said:

Mael…this forum is inundated with anti-RW rhetoric. It’s ok to be critical. Especially this year. But, the trade Russ posts , need a game manager, can’t do anything without the run game, yada yada is ridiculous at best.

when was the last time we went beyond first round playoff?

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
nwHawk":zje4abdo said:
GemCity":zje4abdo said:

Never liked Tanny, so I’d pass on him.

Oh, FYI, Seattle is 14-14 in their last 28 games. Scary, if Wilson is still “elite”. He does have some elite qualities but he’s not as good as he used to be or as Seahawks fans want him to be.

Totally agree. But, do you want to trade him for any of the guys mentioned above? Maybe Justin Fields? Better yet…Jalen Hurts?

Because if you do….

nwHawk

Reaction score
I don’t hide the fact that I used to love Russ and his play, but I am ready to move on. If that means a couple 7-10 or 9-8 seasons to finally make another NFC championship game with the chance for another super bowl so be it. We won 7 this year, and 6 with Russ. If Russ won the other 2 games that Geno played we’d been 9-7. Last 28 games this team is 14-14. The playoff victories are fading, and it’s better to maximize a trade now before Russ fades even more.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
GemCity":1whroft2 said:

Who is saying Tannehill is better than Wilson? Nobody, you're misrepresenting what people are actually saying. They're saying if Wilson forces his way out, what are the realistic QB options. The Marcus Mariota post in particular was a tongue in cheek post that was mocking the media and speculation. If you couldn't figure that out, I don't know what to say.

People don't hate any of things that you mentioned about Wilson, they hate his play vs. his pay along with Wilson's offseason antics for the last two years now. Ryan Tannehill is looked to more as an example of an okay QB that has done a lot of winning since he arrived in Tennessee. People are just bantering about if Wilson forces his way out, what can we look for and what models can we follow. If Wilson is traded it was because he willed it.

As for the last bit, that isn't what people are looking at, they're looking at his declining play and obvious limitations as a passer. You're just making stuff up, John63.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The Titans are the AFC version of the Seahawks.

Pretty regular season record. No chance at making a SuperBowl or little chance even winning a Division game.

Because you cannot advance in the later rounds of the playoffs with a game manager.

Even with a great run game and great defense.

You have to have a great passing game to have a chance.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3fwdqq18 said:
GemCity":3fwdqq18 said:

Who is saying Tannehill is better than Wilson? Nobody, you're misrepresenting what people are actually saying. They're saying if Wilson forces his way out, what are the realistic QB options. The Marcus Mariota post in particular was a tongue in cheek post that was mocking the media and speculation. If you couldn't figure that out, I don't know what to say.

People don't hate any of things that you mentioned about Wilson, they hate his play vs. his pay along with Wilson's offseason antics for the last two years now. Ryan Tannehill is looked to more as an example of an okay QB that has done a lot of winning since he arrived in Tennessee. People are just bantering about if Wilson forces his way out, what can we look for and what models can we follow. If Wilson is traded it was because he willed it.

As for the last bit, that isn't what people are looking at, they're looking at his declining play and obvious limitations as a passer. You're just making stuff up, John63.

Uh…no. I’m not sitting here making this up. The things I mentioned above have been stated in this forum. Tongue in cheek or not, I’ve read far worse than the Marriott post. Coming back and disguising the true intent of some of these posts doesn’t add up.

Looking at options is ok. I’d imagine most players in the NFL can be had at the right price. But, there’s an abysmal number of people in this forum that simply don’t like Russell Wilson for reasons other than his play.

Regarding the potential destinations, the compensation, and our recent draft history, I’m positive the grass is not greener.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Rat":1537ffz6 said:
Spin Doctor":1537ffz6 said:

I understand why you would go that route, but his grammar is too good to be John63.

100%. Go Buckeyes btw….Dayton based here.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Why trade Wilson? The Seahawks desperately need a backup QB… Trubisky is a FA. Yes he underachieved in Chicago, but much of the blame goes to Nagy & Pace. Trubisky spent last year under Daboll & Josh Allen as a backup. I hope he’s grown professionally from the experience and is looking to compete for starting position. Trubisky is also deceptively fast for a big guy when running the ball. Would he fit in Waldron system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Tannehill is the best case scenario for a productive non-elite QB in today's NFL.

And you see it isn't enough.

Nobody took the Titans seriously because there was no reason to. Their QB was not a threat and so neither was the team.

You cannot advance deep in the playoffs as a run heavy team without an exceptional QB. Not in today's NFL.

And you absolutely CANNOT win with a game manager QB. Even with a tremendous defense and incredible rush game.

Wilson doesn't win the playoffs because we go in with the plan to use him as a game manager.

That puts you at disadvantage, and since teams tend to be more closely matched in the playoffs...there is less margin for error.

Tannehill is the best possible game manager type we could hope to get, and even on a much better team, with a much better coach - it still isn't enough.

If you don't have an elite QB or a great passing game, you don't have a chance.

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":hqplt7n6 said:
Tannehill is the best case scenario for a productive non-elite QB in today's NFL.

Nobody took the Titans seriously because there was no reason to. Their QB was not a threat and so neither was the team.

You cannot advance deep in the playoffs as a run heavy team without an exceptional QB. Not in today's NFL.

And you absolutely CANNOT win with a game manager QB. Even with a tremendous defense and incredible rush game.

Wilson doesn't win the playoffs because we go in with the plan to use him as a game manager.

That puts you at disadvantage, and since teams tend to be more closely matched in the playoffs...there is less margin for error.

Tannehill is the best possible game manager type we could hope to get, and even on a much better team, with a much better coach - it still isn't enough.

100% agree.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":34zt6f9c said:

The issue with game manager QBs is most of them are dink n dunk only. They can't push the ball down the field, so can't punish heavy boxes. There's literally no way to force the defenses to adjust. Russell is the perfect game manager. He sucks drinking n dunking, but is accurate pushing the ball. He just doesn't want to play that way.

A truly ELITE QB can do both well. Anyone else who does one or the other well only, is NOT elite. Their numbers may show that or they may still be top 5 in the league, but they aren't elite. Those QBs cannot succeed in the playoffs with no run game.

Brees could do both well. More dink/dunk, but could hurt you down the field. His already weak arm gets weaker and you have no chance with him.

Big Ben same thing.

Cam Newton. Decent deep ball threat. Legs were the replacement for dink/dunking. Shoulders blows up, Cam is done as a potential playoff QB.

Ultimately I agree mostly that you can't win with a typical game manager. You need one that is proficient stretching the field. Where I disagree is that Russell is truly elite, as I define it, and therefore can win in the playoffs leaning on his arm. He's just an atypical game manager that is really good at the deep stuff. He's the polar opposite of your usual game manager.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":38gudldi said:

Odd the 9ers just did exactly what you say can't be done

OP
OP
E

Elemas

Reaction score
Ambrose83":10g5598e said:
TwistedHusky":10g5598e said:

Odd the 9ers just did exactly what you say can't be done

Did what? I thought the SB was in Feb.