Steve Largent Video - Retaliation Shot

nsport

Reaction score
Was looking on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/VintageSeattle) and saw this video... I decided to post it because I remembered watching this game live and I how amped I was then - it just got me excited again so I thought I'd re-share!

[youtube]LMmQkNT65Do[/youtube]

TriCHawk

Reaction score
Steve Largent and Dave Krieg were my two favorite Seahawks growing up. Love seeing old video of those guys. And yeah, that one never gets old.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
I just watched it about 10 times and the first 4 or 5 made the hair stand up on my neck ... the rest of em were just because I can't stop smiling ... :D

Funny thing too becuase I've seen that clip at least 100 times over the years ...

GOD I love the Seahawks !!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I was at that game, man what a play. Many F bombs were dropped around the stadium after that hit towards that punk :mrgreen:

Best part was him jumping up to let him know what's up. He was never a guy who talked smack, but man he was fired up. Love those jerseys.

grizbob

Reaction score
I was at a BBQ with a bunch of Broncos fans (friends of the wife), lets just say they weren't sorry to see me leave :mrgreen: Twas a mighty chili ride home though :0190l:

Giblien

Reaction score
Anyone have the video where harden injured Largent? I've been trying to find that one with no luck.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
Largent80":1r3j1fsr said:
"The Hit" was my avatar for years.

I remember that, it was awesome to see it every time you would post. Someone also used to have an avatar of Lofa hitting a Redskin running back in the playoff game. Awesome one too as it was super slow-mo ... love a good hit!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
sutz":2cknzc50 said:
Never gets old.

:mrgreen:

Absolutely. I've shared this story before, but will do so again. In 1990, I went to a conference at the college I was attending entitled "Ethics and Athletics" in which Steve Largent was the keynote speaker (the poster from that conference mysteriously ended up in my possession afterwards.) I showed up 2 hours before Largent was scheduled to speak, so I could sit in the front row, dead center not 10 feet from where Largent was going to be. During the question and answer period, someone asked him something to the effect of, "Steve, do you remember that big hit that you had a few years ago?" Largent immediately answered with a huge grin on his face, "You mean on Mike Harden?" Everyone in the crowd started chuckling, as they could see that this was a particularly fond memory. The questioner asked him, "Did you know who it was at the time of the play?" Largent said he knew exactly who it was and said that he hit Harden with absolutely everything he had (though Largent was one of the game's greatest gentlemen of all time, I can tell you that revenge certainly was on his mind.) After he hit him, Largent said that he stood kind of glowering over him, revelling in the moment. He then came to after a couple of seconds, as he heard Curt Warner and others yelling at him, "Steve, the ball's out! Steve, the ball's out!" He had no idea up until then that he'd actually caused Harden to fumble. How cool to be able to take Harden to the woodshed and then not only that -- to actually recover the ball! It most certainly was a revenge hit and not only one of the greatest pastings in NFL History ... it's one of Largent's own personal favorite memories as well.

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
Love the story, Hawkscanner! Love Largent. Love 'the hit'! A few weeks back I made mention of this poetic moment in Seahawks history in another thread, but it got lost in the shuffle.

I'm reposting it in the hopes that perhaps one of the more crafty and tech savvy denizens of our fine-feathered forums will pick up on the theme and craft a montage video with these elements! :pray:

Snakeeyes007":ng0lhcuy said:
SacHawk2.0":ng0lhcuy said:
Pete Carroll

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Every time I see this gif I think, "Yo Adrian!", and "Cut me, Mick." PC looks very Rocky with that swagger and crooked smile. I can hear 'Gonna Fly Now' starting in the background of this gif, followed by a montage of Chancellor knocking out Davis, Beast running over, well, a lot of folks, heck, even Largent knocking out Harden! :box:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-KO-XW8M2A

Anyone else see what I'm seeing there?