Sounders Season Thread ***YEDLIN SOLD***

TestMo1337

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":241vwv83 said:
sammyc521":241vwv83 said:
WTH? How does a team advance when the aggregate total is 1-1?

We scored a goal on their turf and away goals weigh heavier than home goals.
So Sounders won 1.1-1? Happy for the fans, but...

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
sammyc521":gz49j52z said:
CurryStopstheRuns":gz49j52z said:
sammyc521":gz49j52z said:

If you do not understand then go educate yourself. Make Google your aggregate learning bitch.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
sammyc521":6cxbqqwp said:
CurryStopstheRuns":6cxbqqwp said:
sammyc521":6cxbqqwp said:

That is kind of like saying "Team xxx won the division on strength of victory? Happy for the fans, but..." in the NFL. The tie breaker was in place and known.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":1f8k4wyx said:
sammyc521":1f8k4wyx said:
CurryStopstheRuns":1f8k4wyx said:
sammyc521":1f8k4wyx said:

If you do not understand then go educate yourself. Make Google your aggregate learning bitch.
Be nice. (I didn't know how aggregate worked exactly myself before your clarification).
:thcoffee:

razgriz737

Reaction score
sammyc521":2rpfn76q said:
CurryStopstheRuns":2rpfn76q said:
sammyc521":2rpfn76q said:

It's not like we won on some hidden technicality. This is how it's done in major tournaments around the world. Champion's League, Europa League, European Championship, etc.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3ekp06jk said:
Wins a win though, so far no WTF play off moments from Sigi. It just feels like the pressure is off after the SS win and i think the players are playing a bit better because of it too

Im going to offer it one more time... I dont think there is anyway the players think the SS is bigger than the MLS Cup...

Game was a lull to be honest. Players were far too tense and anxious to let the game flow (both sides). That said, didnt feel Dallas offered a ton of threat. Seattle set up for the counter, but never really had to as Dallas rarely "roared" forward with the desperation needed to get that one goal.

and man, the constant turnovers. Its as if there is only one direction to go out there.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":304hah8c said:
CurryStopstheRuns":304hah8c said:
Be nice. (I didn't know how aggregate worked exactly myself before your clarification).

Tell me to be nice after he attempts to minimize the Sounders moving forward because of his ignorance of the sport? I will pass until you publicly inform him that he needs to make less aggravating posts.

As a matter of fact, I even told him how aggregate worked (cliff notes version), and he still decided to antagonize.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":z7i14dk0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":z7i14dk0 said:
CurryStopstheRuns":z7i14dk0 said:

Tell me to be nice after he attempts to minimize the Sounders moving forward because of his ignorance of the sport? I will pass until you publicly inform him that he needs to make less aggravating posts.

As a matter of fact, I even told him how aggregate worked (cliff notes version), and he still decided to antagonize.

I dont see it as aggravating. alot of people struggle with aggregation, not just the dynamics of it but the rationality.

In the end, a casual fan sees a 1-1 draw over two games allowing a team to progress as a bit anti climatic (hard to argue in this sense, the game didnt offer a ton). I honestly dont think it has a place in the MLS, (or atleast the concept of weighted away goals does not) but thats always debatable.

I'd suggest (as I actually like aggregate scoring) some of the more memorable moments aggregate scoring has brought the sport and maybe why its implemented.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":12ms2x1u said:
CurryStopstheRuns":12ms2x1u said:
MizzouHawkGal":12ms2x1u said:
CurryStopstheRuns":12ms2x1u said:

I dont see it as aggravating. alot of people struggle with aggregation, not just the dynamics of it but the rationality.

In the end, a casual fan sees a 1-1 draw over two games allowing a team to progress as a bit anti climatic (hard to argue in this sense, the game didnt offer a ton). I honestly dont think it has a place in the MLS, (or atleast the concept of weighted away goals does not) but thats always debatable.

I'd suggest (as I actually like aggregate scoring) some of the more memorable moments aggregate scoring has brought the sport and maybe why its implemented.

Kind of disagree. We've seen some really, really different playoff games this year vs previous due to the away goals rule.

MLS playoff's use to be a bunker fest especially for the away team...but now there is a reason to attack. I haven't seen a boring playoff game yet.

I think the move to aggregate is an important one. Better for our sport. IMO the only way you get rid of Aggregate is if you get rid of the 2 game series and move to one off games.

I found the game really exciting. We had some really nice ball movement. Possession was good at times, a few guys had bad touches.

and THANK GOD for that ridiculously stupid international break in the middle of the playoffs. Ozzie gets an extra 10 days to heal up the Hammy...HECK YES.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
The away goals rule has made the MLS playoffs so much better. Like someone said above, they used to all be bunkerfests, and now they aren't. Much more enjoyable.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2j2npnk8 said:
The away goals rule has made the MLS playoffs so much better. Like someone said above, they used to all be bunkerfests, and now they aren't. Much more enjoyable.

I disagree. It made the ending of this game quite boring. The Sounders were content to play for a 0-0 draw instead of going for the win. They played "not to lose" rather than " to win", IMO. Their substitutions late reflect that as well. Taking out Dempsey for Traore just basically suggested they were in no mood to continue to attack. They were content that they had a lead in the away goals and that would keep them moving on to the next stage. Dallas didn't do themselves any favors by taking out Perez and Michel either.

I understand the away goals tiebreaker rule. I don't like it and really don't feel that it's needed in MLS. The primary reason I don't like it is because it is used after regulation and there's no extra time. I may have a different view on it , if they allowed extra time and then went to the away goals rule. It would make a little more sense.

With that said, I'm glad the Sounders won and are moving on. Bring on LA Galaxy...

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1t1tqx9c said:
Seahawks1983":1t1tqx9c said:

I disagree. It made the ending of this game quite boring. The Sounders were content to play for a 0-0 draw instead of going for the win. They played "not to lose" rather than " to win", IMO..

Did you even watch the game? They created plenty of chances and you could really tell that they wanted to win that game. Both Dallas and Seattle had good chances.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1p80t58k said:
hawkfan68":1p80t58k said:
Seahawks1983":1p80t58k said:

I disagree. It made the ending of this game quite boring. The Sounders were content to play for a 0-0 draw instead of going for the win. They played "not to lose" rather than " to win", IMO..

Did you even watch the game? They created plenty of chances and you could really tell that they wanted to win that game. Both Dallas and Seattle had good chances.

Not to mention the fact that Dempsey was subbed out in stoppage time. Playing for a 0-0 draw at that point was perfectly acceptable. If they had done that during the 60th minute, he may have had a point.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":b093fpxj said:
hawkfan68":b093fpxj said:
Seahawks1983":b093fpxj said:

Yes I did. They did play to win most of the game. It's just the way they played in the final few minutes that didn't suit me. Sorry that I wasn't clear enough. If the situation was reversed and the Sounders were to lose because of the away goals rule, there would a few more complaints about that rule on here. I'm not a Dallas FC fan, I'm a Sounder fan and I would have like to see extra time added to have the game decided the proper way. The Sounders won so that's what matters in the end.

razgriz737

Reaction score
hawkfan68":148x4sxe said:
dumbrabbit":148x4sxe said:
hawkfan68":148x4sxe said:
Seahawks1983":148x4sxe said:

Yes I did. They did play to win most of the game. It's just the way they played in the final few minutes that didn't suit me. Sorry that I wasn't clear enough. If the situation was reversed and the Sounders were to lose because of the away goals rule, there would a few more complaints about that rule on here. I'm not a Dallas FC fan, I'm a Sounder fan and I would have like to see extra time added to have the game decided the proper way. The Sounders won so that's what matters in the end.
That's not the proper way though. As I said in my previous post, the away goals rule is used in major tournaments the world over. This was the proper way.