So You're Saying There's A Chance.

Sac

Reaction score
QuickLightning":1nqd54ju said:
Aros":1nqd54ju said:
Sac":1nqd54ju said:
We're gonna get REKT

Lose? Perhaps. Destroyed? Come on man.

Wasn't the last head-to-head between the Rams and Seahawks a 42-7 blowout in favor of the Rams?

I'm normally the 'Hawks homer. But the two times we've face elite D-line play we've gotten destroyed and Russ took a pounding. We also let Ezekiel Elliot run up and down on us, and they've got Gurly.

I fully expect us to get blown out worse than Roland's O-ring.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1i6mtewg said:
Hawks were missing half their defense in that one, and had Wags playing on a bad hammy.

Now we're missing almost all our defense.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2fg28q3n said:
Hawks were missing half their defense in that one, and had Wags playing on a bad hammy.

Alright...I warned you!

We scored 7 points! Wilson throwing against Donald and Suh means he will be throwing out of the fetal formation. :snack:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
If anyone has the stomach for it, here's a replay of what happened:

[youtube]bLJr-Wo6T0Y[/youtube]

Like I said in the previous post, a perfect storm.

1. Tanner McAvoy fumbles. Defense still holds their high powered offense(which was scoring 35+ last year too) to a field goal. 3-0
2. Pocket crumbles quickly when offense takes the field. Aaron Donald does Aaron Donald things. Punt
3. Rams get on offense. Lot of easy broken tackles, but we hold them still. 6-0
4. Seahawks get the ball back. It's 2nd & 20(I'm assuming we got this because of an incomplete pass, followed by an Ifedi false start, or some kind of penalty). We're deep in our own territory. No running threat so you guessed it, SACK. 3rd & Forever, PUNT. Poor punt by Jon Ryan by the way.
5. Pharoah Cooper has a huge return. Gurley does the rest. Poor tackling galore. 13-0 Rams
6. Time for the Seahawks offense to fire it up right? Nope, PUNT again
7. Rams back on offense. The tackling from us is again embarrassing. 5 yard gains become 20 yard gains. Rams 20-0
8. Now it's time for some Russ houdini magic. Still plenty of time in the 2nd quarter. Russ passes to Mike Davis for a nice 12 yard gain. Next play, Russ fakes with play action. Turns around and realizes Robert Quinn wants to talk, and spins out successfully to escape pressure. Oh, but then he fumbles. Rams recover. With great field position, the lead jumps to 27-0. Game over

My takeaway from that blowout is that we shot ourselves in the foot, a lot. We also had a decimated defense with no plan to fix it at the time. We were basically just trying to survive the season with Maxwell and some other weak pieces.

We also got no pressure on Goff. Not like we did the first game in LA. We tackled poorly...like ridiculously poorly for a Pete Carroll team. Our run game was non-existent. Our special teams crumbled in punt coverage. Just on basic fundamentals we failed. The game got out of control quickly, which actually speaks in favor of "Pete ball" despite my criticism. A big part of our offensive issues the last few years are false starts and an inability to run the ball. Both of which screwed us in this game. It reminds me of the NFC Championship Packers game. A game that should have been a blowout. A big part of our success was that our defense was other worldly that day. But we had plenty of mistakes. Baldwin's fumble, Kearse having a number of drops that turned into interceptions. If we play sound football, even something remotely close to the Cowboys and Cardinals game where we extended drives and controlled the clock, it will NOT be a blowout

IndyHawk

Reaction score
All seem to forget we beat the Rams in their house last year...But whatever!

HommyHawk

Reaction score
Win or lose I want to see a competive team that has not tuned the coaching staff out. If this team is still buying into what pete is preaching then we can get better and finish strong , the piecess are there.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
IndyHawk":2l2keci0 said:

Yes isn't it funny how selective our collective memories are?

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Homey sold out? Nope! It was all part of his master plan to bop The Man.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Aros":2v4d6j46 said:
IndyHawk":2v4d6j46 said:

Yes isn't it funny how selective our collective memories are?
The Rams were held to 10 points. Seahawks hung up 16 pts. Sort of like yesterday's Cardinals game.

Would y'all be happy winning by a field goal 20-17?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Palmegranite":34aozqu2 said:
Would y'all be happy winning by a field goal 20-17?

Of course. Even by one point I will be stoked.

xray

Reaction score
There is always a chance ; but " Vegas picks & points are very reliable. Vegas picks are sometimes uncanny...those dudes know sports better than all of us combined....Unless " GOFF GAFFS " badly....The Hawks have a very slim chance...but GO HAWKS!! :irishdrinkers:

MrThortan

Reaction score
It sounds redundant at this point, but I just hope it's not a blowout. After watching TNF between the Vikings and the Rams, I was really excited to see how the Seahawks measure up against them. Being divisional rivals, this could... could be closer than it would look on paper. That is what I am hoping for. I am just glad it is taking place in Seattle. Rams look like the best team in the league this year and it would be quite the boon if the underdogs somehow beat them. (crazy talk) :0190l:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Most people believe in the "Any Given Sunday" nature of the NFL with their head but not always with their hearts.

It's worth reminding people that one of the most lopsided spreads of the 2018 season so far was when the Vikings were favored by 17 points over the Bills in week 3. Not only did the Bills pull off the upset but they actually stomped the Vikings by 21 points. Vegas is really good at setting a fair line that gets the average right but NFL parity is close enough that underdogs still win quite often.

Seafan

Reaction score
If Russ goes 0-10 on third down conversion attempts against the Rams the Hawks won't score a point.

The team needs a strong pass rush. IMO the Cards were holding Clark with impunity all game. If those refs do this game the Hawks are in trouble. Now with some decent refs and the return of Greene and Jordan the Hawks may be able to apply some pressure.

Hawks run defense was very good. It will need that to slow down the Rams.

Rams will be missing their number two CB. Russ didn't throw a single deep ball against AZ.

Carson, Davis and Penny should all be playing this week.

I want more of Moore.

Schott and Pete need to step up their game plan and play calling.

I hope the vets from last year are pissed about that whooping they took.

Latest posts