So much better

Hawk4life

Reaction score

Is it wrong that I think this makes the greatest trade of all time even better? They actually think RW was why we won the SB. LMFAO.

I will always appreciate RW for being just what we needed and in his prime he was impressive but he is SHORT and could not carry the team without those that won us a ring.

Wags is so much higher on my list of greatest Seahawks of all time. He went to the Rams and was named the team's most valuable player and received the Daniel F. Reeves Memorial Award.

Sorry Donks, you got screwed by paying way too much for a aging limited diva QB.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
I'm sure DeanDC approved this.

You have to expect that the a fan site is going to try to make the bleeding stop a bit by pretending the gaping wound of a failure that was the trade and the end result was nothing more than a paper cut.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He went Directly to ownership to get our coach and gm fired.

He wormed in Jake Heaps to VMac as a journalist when Heaps was paid to be Team 3.

The Seattle Childrens trips turned out to be a launching pad for a charity that raises money to pay Team 3.

As a board member of a Seattle area church, he has helped to make extorting employees 10 percent of income their policy. Hence why said church is being sued.

Of course we want to recycle his number.

You will too.

Last edited:

CouchLogic

Reaction score
How is this 'hawks news? Someone throw this in one of the russ threads over in the NFL section.

I couldn't give two craps about Denver, haha.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The author of that article is absolutely clueless as to why some fans have turned on Russ. It's not about Russ leaving. It is about HOW he left. I hope Broncos fans enjoy watching a repeat of last year. Payton might be able to get Russ to play within the system for a few games. I doubt that it will last for the entire season. A leopard cannot change its spots.

chrispy

Reaction score
He went Directly to ownership to get our coach and gm fired.

He wormed in Jake Heaps to VMac as a journalist when Heaps was paid to be Team 3.

The Seattle Childrens trips turned out to be a launching pad for a charity that raises money to pay Team 3.

As a board member of a church, he has helped to make extorting employees 10 percent of income their policy. Hence why said church is being sued.

Of course we want to recycle his number.

You will too.
I find it interesting that the article focuses on why the Seahawks and 12s should "get over it" but fails to address why the ill-will remains: all of the above reasons listed by SCHawk and more.

I also don't find any disparity in feeling grateful that RCW fulfilled his role leading up to, and winning, a SuperBowl while simultaneously feeling nauseous over his constant self-promoting antics and obliviousness. In fact, I think it becomes increasingly the reasonable and logical perspective as we now see his personal impact on the Seahawks' success was credited mistakenly at the time. ...or, at least, vastly over hyped.

There may be a day when 12s forgive-and-forget. A Championship as a result of him leaving, via the cornucopia of talent received in exchange, could go a long way toward that result. If the Seahawks put together a Championship season in the next 2-3 years, I'd (personally) look past RCWs flaws and my grudge would be over. ...just my perspective.

In fact, I think it would be icing on the cake to send a ring with a thank you note to New Jersey. (...assuming he's Roger's backup in '24)

haroldseattle

Reaction score
I find it interesting that the article focuses on why the Seahawks and 12s should "get over it" but fails to address why the ill-will remains: all of the above reasons listed by SCHawk and more.

I also don't find any disparity in feeling grateful that RCW fulfilled his role leading up to, and winning, a SuperBowl while simultaneously feeling nauseous over his constant self-promoting antics and obliviousness. In fact, I think it becomes increasingly the reasonable and logical perspective as we now see his personal impact on the Seahawks' success was credited mistakenly at the time. ...or, at least, vastly over hyped.

There may be a day when 12s forgive-and-forget. A Championship as a result of him leaving, via the cornucopia of talent received in exchange, could go a long way toward that result. If the Seahawks put together a Championship season in the next 2-3 years, I'd (personally) look past RCWs flaws and my grudge would be over. ...just my perspective.

In fact, I think it would be icing on the cake to send a ring with a thank you note to New Jersey. (...assuming he's Roger's backup in '24)
Agree, and using his agent to undermine and attack the Seahawks staff every off-season created a lot of unnecessary drama was a problem that needed addressing. It's solved now and the natural order of things leads Seahawks fans to savor Mr. Unlimited finding out he's actually Mr. Limited but the Bronco homer who wrote the piece exaggerates the reaction from Seahawks players and fans IMO. Note what's at the bottom of the article.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
We didn't do anything any other franchise does when a popular or long tenured players leaves. They don't give away the number for a season, then they do.

So no, this isn't crossing some horrible insult line. If Russ somehow finds himself in the Hall of Fame one Day and gets back into Seattle's good graces and goes into the ROH? Then yeah, THAT'S the time to talk about number retiring, etc.

Two years after the dude forced his way out? Nope. Fair game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He had to leave. It was apparent that nothing was ever going to change and he wasnt going to receive the help he asked for. Fans are bitter because he did actually leave. It was him or Carroll and he lost. It also appears that he has slowed and regressed so it was probably the correct choice. Seattle got a lot for him.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Is it wrong that I think this makes the greatest trade of all time even better? They actually think RW was why we won the SB. LMFAO.

I will always appreciate RW for being just what we needed and in his prime he was impressive but he is SHORT and could not carry the team without those that won us a ring.

Wags is so much higher on my list of greatest Seahawks of all time. He went to the Rams and was named the team's most valuable player and received the Daniel F. Reeves Memorial Award.

Sorry Donks, you got screwed by paying way too much for a aging limited diva QB.
See other thread.

And he can still "Suck it long. And suck it hard!"

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Wait, was that almost a Pete Carroll compliment?

No. It was a tip of the hat to Jody for the compensation the team got. Pete is still a detriment that should have been taken care of years ago.

Donn2390

Reaction score
He had to leave. It was apparent that nothing was ever going to change and he wasnt going to receive the help he asked for. Fans are bitter because he did actually leave. It was him or Carroll and he lost. It also appears that he has slowed and regressed so it was probably the correct choice. Seattle got a lot for him.
Once again, you completely misunderstand the world around you. Keep trying though, one day you might just fit in with the real Seahawk fans.. It was he or Carroll and Seattle won.........!!!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I also don't find any disparity in feeling grateful that RCW fulfilled his role leading up to, and winning, a SuperBowl while simultaneously feeling nauseous over his constant self-promoting antics and obliviousness.
Russ is probably the most self-unaware person I know or know about.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Once again, you completely misunderstand the world around you. Keep trying though, one day you might just fit in with the real Seahawk fans.. It was he or Carroll and Seattle won.........!!!
Why not, I gave him a like on his comment for his grudging acceptance of reality, "It also appears that he has slowed and regressed so it was probably the correct choice".
Besides, Pitt has a daughter who played D1 college soccer, like mine did, so I always cut him a little more slack. I mean, have you seen those bill$ parents get from elite club soccer teams? When you open that billing statement, once a month, it's kinda like that face-slapping competition, except you have to simply take it and smile, you get no turn at slapping back.

True: "Seattle got a lot for him" (Russell). CELEBRATE!! :D That was two accurate things Pitt said in one post. Paraphrasing Patrick Henry, "I know not what course others choose, but as for me", I will welcome Pitt back onto the bandwagon when (if?) that day comes.