So, Marv....

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
olyfan63":1x9qp9aq said:
First things first, as Russell Wilson says, "No-E!" It's Lockett, not Lockette.
Would people notice if I called RW Russell Willson? (Luke Willson's spelling, recently cut)

Why would you feel the need to correct a fan of a different team about name spellings when we have fans of our own team misspelling our own players names in this very forum?

To add to the confusion we also had a receiver by the name of Ricardo Lockette in the very recent past who's career actually overlapped another receiver on the team by the name of Tyler Lockett. To add to the confusion again, they both returned kicks & one of them had their career ended by a devastating injury while the other almost had his career ended by a devastating injury & only really became a serious receiving threat after coming back from that injury.

Maybe, as somebody that's not a fan of the team or follows closely, he doesn't realize they are 2 different players.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":cxw96mn5 said:
olyfan63":cxw96mn5 said:
First things first, as Russell Wilson says, "No-E!" It's Lockett, not Lockette.
Would people notice if I called RW Russell Willson? (Luke Willson's spelling, recently cut)

Why would you feel the need to correct a fan of a different team about name spellings when we have fans of our own team misspelling our own players names in this very forum?

To add to the confusion we also had a receiver by the name of Ricardo Lockette in the very recent past who's career actually overlapped another receiver on the team by the name of Tyler Lockett. To add to the confusion again, they both returned kicks & one of them had their career ended by a devastating injury while the other almost had his career ended by a devastating injury & only really became a serious receiving threat after coming back from that injury.

Maybe, as somebody that's not a fan of the team or follows closely, he doesn't realize they are 2 different players.
Chill, dude. People's names are important. Russell sure treats getting people's names right as important, and leads by example, making up the No-E thing. Show me where I attacked anyone. The surprising thing was Hawk fans repeating the name spelling mix-up. Most Hawk fans know well the story of WR Ricardo Lockette, the one with an E.

It was a helpful summary of Ricardo Lockette though. Some other pieces... Ricardo Lockette was the receiver that Russell Wilson was throwing to in SB49 when Malcolm Butler got "the pick" to win SB49 for the Patriots. Asswipe OC Darrell Bevell criticized Lockette after the game for not being "stronger to the ball". Lockette was also basically a world-class sprinter, special teams ace, nicknamed "Rocket" for his speed.

Most posters here aren't so delicate that they need any "protection" from evil ones like me. Most people prefer to be accurate. Names matter. Just ask Cam Chancellor. Yeah, a Hawk fan actually made that mistake a while back in the main forum.

chris98251

Reaction score
Call it tough love, we as Seahawks fans are United but expect fellow fans to know and care enough about the team to know their names, especially of Starters and impact players.

That would be like someone on the 49ers Saying Jerri Riece.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'd forgotten, or never knew, that Ricardo Lockette spent a year as a SF 49er for the 2012 season. Ironically, the 49ers released him the following year to create room to sign Seneca Wallace.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
chris98251":pmk8di2f said:
Call it tough love, we as Seahawks fans are United but expect fellow fans to know and care enough about the team to know their names, especially of Starters and impact players.

That would be like someone on the 49ers Saying Jerri Riece.

I stand corrected then.

A poster that goes by the name Marvin49 & posts a lot defending everything San Francisco 49ers in the NFL Nation subforum is obviously a hardcore Seahawks fan that should know the difference.

Okay, gotcha.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2rqnh0ov said:
I stand corrected then.
A poster that goes by the name Marvin49 & posts a lot defending everything San Francisco 49ers in the NFL Nation subforum is obviously a hardcore Seahawks fan that should know the difference.
Okay, gotcha.

Marv is a credit to this board and I'm glad he chooses to post here. I've had some past enjoyable PM exchanges with him. I'd bet he even remembers the year Ricardo Lockette played for the Niners.

Getting people's names right is important. Russell set the standard on this one.

Now, can we get back to discussing Carlos Dunlop?
Of course it's Carlos Dunlap, everyone knew that, right?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yes I agree Marv is a credit.
There are other niner fans who are too and
other teams fans who stop by that are cool.
The NFL section is for all.
As for spelling..I'm no saint at it and some in
the forums can't spell,a dude named Roland
is the worst. :179419: :sarcasm_on:

Marvin49

Reaction score
Wow. LOL.

To be clear there was no disrespect involved there. I also didn't confuse Ricardo Lockette and Tyler Lockett. Very aware which was which. I honestly didn't even really think about it while typing.

Peace.

Stanley

Reaction score
Maulbert":3ln9yw8m said:
94Smith":3ln9yw8m said:
I still think Lockett is just good with an elite QB . DK is great though. So much speed in a large body

I'd take Lockett over any of your scrubs.

So about that DK guy.....