So 49ers win... what now?

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Take care of business next week with a statement-making victory over a team that, after tonight, the media will be anointing as Super Bowl champions, win next week to ensure that we get a playoff spot of some sort, and let the chips fall where they may.

For the first time in a LONG time, I think Seattle is capable of going on the road and winning a playoff game. If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.

rastahawk

Reaction score
At some point we have to beat the Harbaugh Niners. Now is a good time as ever. It will really be a statement game for the Caroll era.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":jpoo3yd6 said:
Take care of business next week with a statement-making victory over a team that, after tonight, the media will be anointing as Super Bowl champions, win next week to ensure that we get a playoff spot of some sort, and let the chips fall where they may.

For the first time in a LONG time, I think Seattle is capable of going on the road and winning a playoff game. If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.

I totally agree. We screwed the pooch in losing winnable games. With that, we have to contend with the consequences of not winning the NFCW. We either win on the road or we go home. Regardless, it's been a fantastic year for us. More fun than any year other than 05 and I'm willing to bet we don't lose to inferior teams next year.

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
VancitySeahawk":6ilo08ik said:
Fox0r":6ilo08ik said:
Part of me feels like the #5 seed is the easiest road to the Super Bowl right now.
Explain.

IF you can take out the 3 seed on the road, you would then play at Atlanta (#1 seed), who scares nobody.

Still a tough road to New Orleans.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
WOW!!!!

Maybe Tanzania hasn't had her say yet!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
entropyrulesall":clrt63sm said:
VancitySeahawk":clrt63sm said:
Fox0r":clrt63sm said:
Part of me feels like the #5 seed is the easiest road to the Super Bowl right now.
Explain.

IF you can take out the 3 seed on the road, you would then play at Atlanta (#1 seed), who scares nobody.

Still a tough road to New Orleans.

3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5.

IowaSeahawk

Reaction score
I am not giving up hope, but I see us playing at the #4 seed in the first round...most likely at Washington, since they have the easiest schedule left of the NFC LEast teams. Be a heck of a matchup vs RGIII and RW.

When we beat SF, and let's say they beat AZ, does that still give them the 2 seed or would GB slide into the two hole?

Either way, I see us beating the NFC Least division champ, going to ATL and upsetting the #1 seed Falcons, and then playing the winner of GB/SF in the NFC Championship. Beating either of those teams in the NFC Championship would be sweet justice! GO Seahawks!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
IowaSeahawk":5846t0te said:
I am not giving up hope, but I see us playing at the #4 seed in the first round...most likely at Washington, since they have the easiest schedule left of the NFC LEast teams. Be a heck of a matchup vs RGIII and RW.

When we beat SF, and let's say they beat AZ, does that still give them the 2 seed or would GB slide into the two hole?

Either way, I see us beating the NFC Least division champ, going to ATL and upsetting the #1 seed Falcons, and then playing the winner of GB/SF in the NFC Championship. Beating either of those teams in the NFC Championship would be sweet justice! GO Seahawks!
If we beat SF and SF beats the Cards, SF finishes 11-4-1. If GB wins out, they finish 12-4 and get the #2 seed. We win out and get the #5 seed and most likely play Washington, but it will be whoever wins the NFC East.

Out of all the permutations of playoff possibliities, that is literally 90% of the outcomes if we win our last two games. Which means we win the first round and travel to Atlanta. SF probably wins and travels to GB.

Now I know we've been pretty dominant the last two games and looked great beating Chicago, but all three teams were either crap or rapidly turning into crap. those are not playoff caliber teams - Chicago is showing its age. So given our defense has looked porous lately, Atlanta will be a very tough win on the road. Heck, the first road game will be tough given our defense doesn't play well on the road.

Still, I'd rather have that road to the SB than one that starts in GB.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":1igqaphf said:
Now I know we've been pretty dominant the last two games and looked great beating Chicago, but all three teams were either crap or rapidly turning into crap. those are not playoff caliber teams - Chicago is showing its age. So given our defense has looked porous lately, Atlanta will be a very tough win on the road. Heck, the first road game will be tough given our defense doesn't play well on the road.

Still, I'd rather have that road to the SB than one that starts in GB.
Agree with you on all accounts.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Here's all the scenarios for us, just taking account next week's games. Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... -scenarios

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Clinch playoff berth with:

1) SEA win OR
2) SEA tie + NYG loss + WSH loss + MIN loss or tie + CHI loss or tie OR
3) SEA tie + NYG loss + WSH loss + MIN loss or tie + DAL loss or tie OR
4) SEA tie + NYG loss + WSH loss + CHI loss or tie + DAL loss or tie OR
5) SEA tie + NYG loss + MIN loss or tie + CHI loss or tie + DAL loss or tie OR
6) SEA tie + WSH loss + MIN loss or tie + CHI loss or tie + DAL loss or tie OR
7) NYG loss + WSH loss + MIN loss + CHI loss + DAL loss

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I don't even care about what the Niners do anymore.

Yeah, I would LOVE for the Hawks fans to get a home game (assuming they make the playoffs) But these guys are just playing solid football. They can beat any team at anytime. The road woes thing was a legit problem, but it wasn't like they weren't in those games. They could have won SO many more games, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I am stoked that the Hawks are in the hunt. There is not a team in that list of playoff participants that the Hawks can't beat even using logic.

This is just what I wanted to see. A team that is improving every year on the way to perennial POWER and catching fire as the season went on. Wilson is just mastering this game at the highest level, the guy hasn't played a full season yet and he looks like a Jedi out there.

themunn

Reaction score
Fox0r":2twez80z said:

So, we get the 5th seed and go to Washington, sweep them aside with ease, AP and the Vikings flatten GB in week 17 to hand the #2 seed back to SF, then face them one week later in the wild card round and do it again. We got to SF and hand them down an even bigger beatdown than the one we gave them in Seattle and AP flattens the Falcons, then they come back to CLink and we breeze past them yet again.

EASY

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Now we have to root for us winning out and GB winning out.

That makes the 49ers lose their bye.

I'll settle for being happy for that for now, unless Arizona gives us a miracle.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
A lot of you wanted the setup of the Sunday night game being "playing for division title." The reality is, it makes us look even better if we beat them having them just beat New England.

Plus there is still a ton to play for. Moreso for SF, where the game could easily make or break bye for them.

Giving them an extra game and making them actually have to play AZ could pay off later when we meet up with them in 2nd round or NFC championship.

So, game of the Season.