Sneaky feeling we take a RB today.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Pete can't help himself when it comes to certain positions, cornerback and running back, for example. Charbonet would be perfect.
I like him, but ucla ran him a TON. Chip RB tend to not have a lot of tread left on the tires when they hit the NFL.

Last edited:
OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
I like him, but ucla ram him a TON. Chip RB tend to not have a lot of tread left on the tires when they hit the NFL.
True, but he'd have lighter duty in the NFL given he'd be our version of LenDale White in the White / Johnson tandem the Titans used to wield.

Interestingly, White was 6ft 235 and ran around a 4.5 40.

Charbonet is 6ft 222 and runs around a 4.5 40

Chris Johnson was 5'11, 203lbs and ran a blazing 4.24 40

Walker 3 - 5'-10, 211 lbs and ran a 40 just over 4.3

Not a bad comp to replicate, and we know Pete loved him some LenDale white... until he got lazy and thought he could get over on his relationship with his HC.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Chase Brown is not good. He doesn’t even try to block. Dewayne McBride is another name to watch.
hate to say it - but K9 had a blocking allergy for a while there last season -

Geno called him out during a game after getting pancaked - so, ya, blocking is, like - you know, important and stuff :)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hawks don't need another speed back like Walker right now. We need more of a Chris Carson power back type. (IMO Carson ran "bigger" than his physical size) Natrone Means? Brandon Jacobs? A back who can physically wear down defenders in between K9's carries, soften them up for the 4th quarter. Thunder to go with K9's lightning. Charbonnet, Roschon, seem like potential fits in this class. I'd be OK with another speed back late round flyer. But POWER first. Time for an upgrade over DJ Dallas if we can find one.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hawks don't need another speed back like Walker right now. We need more of a Chris Carson power back type. (IMO Carson ran "bigger" than his physical size) Natrone Means? Brandon Jacobs? A back who can physically wear down defenders in between K9's carries, soften them up for the 4th quarter. Thunder to go with K9's lightning. Charbonnet, Roschon, seem like potential fits in this class. I'd be OK with another speed back late round flyer. But POWER first. Time for an upgrade over DJ Dallas if we can find one.
I'm with you on this one. Walker is your finesse guy but I don't think he's your 3rd down back. Need a guy who's got some chug in his legs.

Shane Falco

Reaction score
We need running back depth and specifically a bruiser but I'm hopeful we can get one after day two and use rounds 2-3 to address the trenches. Hopefully it falls that way while continuing to not reach, been working for us.

Mick063

Reaction score
I am just over the top thrilled with this draft. They knocking it out of the park.

Thanks Russ. No hard feelings.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Had a feeling it would be Charbonet. They worked him out and hes the kind of runner pete loves.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is brute force plus he can catch. No Alexander tipping your hand with our backs now.

Latest posts