Should we sign Jamaal Williams (RB)?

Fox0r

Reaction score
Thoughts on signing him?

Well-liked in the Lions locker room, not an ego-guy, 17 TDs last year (1000+ yards > 4.0 ypc), 27 years old.

Gives hilarious interviews.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yes, they should go after him. He's got a complimentary profile to K9 and is a fantastic locker room presence. Can't overstate how important that is for teams who are embarking on a big building process.

Love Jamaal and would be overjoyed to have him.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
RB second contracts don't work out well on average. Whatever team gets Williams will be giving him his third contract.

RBs tend to suffer steep declines in value, on average, starting at age... wait for it... 27.

When you consider how strongly survivorship bias fights against that effect (the RBs most likely to be around at any age over 26 are the ones who have played well), you start to get an idea of how bad an investment free-agent RBs are.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
As a Bears fan, I am glad to see him gone!
And as a Seahawks fan, I’d love to see him in Seattle. He is a good fit. He’s especially good running for short yardage around the goal line and on 3rd and 1. That was not one of Walker’s strengths last season.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I would love it, he'd be an amazing fit for us. We have to know it will cost more than what David Montgomery got. 3Y $18M. They way this contract structed is nice. I imagin Williams will be asking for closer to $10M APY than the $6M APY Montgomenry got

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And here we again with the Walker can't get the tough yardage.

Wrong. And I would absolutely welcome a guy like Jamaal. That's a legit 1-2 punch

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
I love Jamaal Williams' game. I love everything about him being a Seahawk on paper. I think he would be a hell of a culture and locker room fit. He's hard runner with a nose for the end zone. I just think his price tag will be prohibitive to him landing with us.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'm surprised the Lions are letting him walk, they were on a roll at the end of last season, this could disrupt that, I don't think Montgomery is as good as Williams.

Kinger95

Reaction score
I love walker, dudes a huge play just waiting to happen. On 1st down what more could u ask for . When you only need a couple yards you need someone to pound it in there and that’s not his strength currently. He’s fast as all hell and has a phenomenal ability to bounce off guys and keep running. I’d almost let walker keep his running style instead of asking him the stop the stutter and get someone else and have 2 backs like lots of teams are doing

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
And here we again with the Walker can't get the tough yardage.

Wrong. And I would absolutely welcome a guy like Jamaal. That's a legit 1-2 punch
Williams is more of a power, North-South runner than Walker on 3rd and 1.