Sherman arrested.

balakoth

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":31tvm4xc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/1415836388168196099[/tweet]

Gotta agree

I mean I guess if you rent it you own it. But its not that terrifying unless you live in a box

pmedic920

Reaction score
HawkinNY":27ygnxrk said:
I honestly don’t understand why men who make a lot of money bother to get married. I mean if you want kids and a family go to another country and find a regular woman who isn’t in it for the money. I bet the story behind it in the public will be he’s a awful man. But his ex wife prob lied and took everything he worked hard for. That would make any man lose it.

Women are the only ones who gain from marriage. 75% of divorces are started with women. They dumb you take 3/4 of everything and get monthly payments for life. While men are basically homeless. Yea why men sign up for that is beyond me. Also prenups don’t mean $h!t anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You’re better off just finding a bitch that hates you and buy her a house.

Lol:{)

pmedic920

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1x2qw5mg said:
Shanegotyou11":1x2qw5mg said:
I pray yall dont have a mental episode.

How many people's episodes are this severe? He needs help.
I’ve been in the business of helping people in crisis for over 30 years.

Not trying to downplay anything here but the reality is, in the grand scheme of things this is relatively benign.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Throwdown":3chzt200 said:
Some of you are pure scum. Assuming things about a situation you have minimal details about, alluding unsavory things about a guy who clearly needs some kind of help.

Can’t stand people like y’all.
Can’t disagree that he probably “needs help” but needing help doesn’t give anyone a pass in terms of being accountable for their actions, nor does needing help change how we form our opinions, it’s only part of the equation.

Fact is for me, because of the resources available to him ($$$and people) he should be held to a higher standard than the person with no $ or folks that care.

I also fully believe that perceived “entitlement” comes into play on Sherm’s part, and that the way it played out may be a blessing.
Imagine the possibilities if he had gotten into that house, if he was out of his mind enough to do this, it could have ended so much worse.

I agree with you in that folks should hear/know all the facts before casting stones but the situation is fluid in terms of known details, and it’s only human nature to form opinions as we know what we know. What’s important is that we allow our opinions to remain flexible.

YMMV

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":488g8h37 said:
SantaClaraHawk":488g8h37 said:
Shanegotyou11":488g8h37 said:

Not trying to downplay anything here but the reality is, in the grand scheme of things this is relatively benign.

Benign is getting drunk and leaving a couple regrettable angry voicemails, or firing off a bunch of angry texts.

Crashing your car, trying to fight someone, trying to run from the police and getting a K9 set loose on you because you won't cooperate? Not benign.

Is it a sign of addiction or cry for help? Idk bout that, but it's definitely a sign that Richard's got some anger issues and sense of entitlement.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":1zw0oi6b said:
SantaClaraHawk":1zw0oi6b said:
Boiler":1zw0oi6b said:
Shanegotyou11":1zw0oi6b said:
https://t.co/BoIrSWcXST

911 call.

Lady needs to be fired.

No kidding. Talk about a threat to public safety. A dispatcher who doesn't listen?

This wasn't just a failure of "listening." It was a failure to ask the right questions with the right questioning technique.

The first question of anything in any emergency is not WHO or even WHAT. The first question is WHERE. If you don't have the WHERE then you have NOWHERE to start this call rolling.

As stated above you don't need to ask where, where is on the screen with gps or number tracking, it's the 21st century now we use more then string and cans or smoke signals.
Chris, I can assure you with 100% certainty that cell phone pings, GPS, and even land line address aren’t always accurate, it’s also possible that the address of the land line (if used) is not always the address of the actual emergency.
You obviously don’t have enough information on the topic to form such a hard opinion.

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":1oa25645 said:
Hearing the prosecutors asked for $10,000 bail but the judge let him out on his own recognizance
As it probably should have happened IMO.

Bail is about ensuring a defendant returns for court, not about punishment, and it’s not like Sherm is a flight risk.

knownone

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3dr7jd73 said:
pmedic920":3dr7jd73 said:
SantaClaraHawk":3dr7jd73 said:
Shanegotyou11":3dr7jd73 said:

Benign is getting drunk and leaving a couple regrettable angry voicemails, or firing off a bunch of angry texts.

Crashing your car, trying to fight someone, trying to run from the police and getting a K9 set loose on you because you won't cooperate? Not benign.

Is it a sign of addiction or cry for help? Idk bout that, but it's definitely a sign that Richard's got some anger issues and sense of entitlement.
It depends on your perspective. This is benign if you grew up in a violent neighborhood, a large city, or have experienced a lot of violent behavior first hand.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":28tfzx69 said:
chris98251":28tfzx69 said:
SantaClaraHawk":28tfzx69 said:
Boiler":28tfzx69 said:
No kidding. Talk about a threat to public safety. A dispatcher who doesn't listen?

This wasn't just a failure of "listening." It was a failure to ask the right questions with the right questioning technique.

The first question of anything in any emergency is not WHO or even WHAT. The first question is WHERE. If you don't have the WHERE then you have NOWHERE to start this call rolling.

As stated above you don't need to ask where, where is on the screen with gps or number tracking, it's the 21st century now we use more then string and cans or smoke signals.
Chris, I can assure you with 100% certainty that cell phone pings, GPS, and even land line address aren’t always accurate, it’s also possible that the address of the land line (if used) is not always the address of the actual emergency.
You obviously don’t have enough information on the topic to form such a hard opinion.

Even back when most people had ANI/ALI landlines, you would ALWAYS ask the RP for the location even if you see an address pop up. The ANI/ALI might not even say what floor the emergency is on, for one. And second cell GPS functions deteriorate within buildings as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
knownone":2dzaa6x6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2dzaa6x6 said:
pmedic920":2dzaa6x6 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2dzaa6x6 said:

It depends on your perspective. This is benign if you grew up in a violent neighborhood, a large city, or have experienced a lot of violent behavior first hand.

If Richard had a history of this type of behavior, I'd agree with you. But even though he grew up on Compton, he grew up a very loving stable two parent household, went to Stanford and has spent his entire adult life living in mansions in affluent areas.

So no, I don't buy that this is benign to him.

pmedic920

Reaction score
kidhawk":2y2b2kze said:
Hearing the prosecutors asked for $10,000 bail but the judge let him out on his own recognizance
As it probably should have happened IMO.

Bail is about ensuring a defendant returns for court, not about punishment, and it’s not like Sherm is a flight risk.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3da2p5wn said:
knownone":3da2p5wn said:
Sgt. Largent":3da2p5wn said:
pmedic920":3da2p5wn said:

If Richard had a history of this type of behavior, I'd agree with you. But even though he grew up on Compton, he grew up a very loving stable two parent household, went to Stanford and has spent his entire adult life living in mansions in affluent areas.

Sherman's wife, Ashley Sherman, told police he is suffering from mental health issues.

She added that "when Richard has a mental health episode like this, he does not remember anything about it the next day," the police report said. She had fled her home with her children after Sherman "had caused a large disturbance" earlier in the night, and she did not know how he found her at her parents' house, she said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nf ... k-n1274157

So he has a history of violent episodes from which he remembers nothing later? Or is this the lady's way of saying he's nice after and brings flowers? They want "privacy" as a family but what does that mean for Sherm's accountability? Including to the NFLPA, for which whom he's a leader?

He needs to check himself into a rehab tied into an actual hospital. For one, that alone diverts press questions and for two, if he's having violent public freakouts like this there need to be workups to see if there's a physical reason behind it.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":2p5j142s said:
chris98251":2p5j142s said:
SantaClaraHawk":2p5j142s said:
Boiler":2p5j142s said:

They have the 911 feature once you call in that it auto connects to keep the location, and yes GPS works, down to within three feet and there are multiple systems in use. It's not the GPS that's an issue it's peoples Cell Phones if anything. Or the Database.

I worked for a company down your way in the 80's doing Oil exploration I used GPS systems, we had three up at all times and all were accurate in doing that, and that was in the 80's, three feet, I think that is close enough and I would bet it's better now.

Also I work on 911 ckts, I am in the communications business, I guess I have no information to have an opinion.........

Jesus Christ.

The one thing you are correct about is the address of the incident, but this was obvious, she is screaming breaking in to the house, Richards Wife was at the damn location, or do I need a picture and News at 5 to satisfy your confidence in that, she could of been in San Francisco I guess calling up here about Richard...........

King Dog

Reaction score
ImaginativeThirstyArctichare-size_restricted.gif

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":tubmrddy said:
pmedic920":tubmrddy said:
chris98251":tubmrddy said:
SantaClaraHawk":tubmrddy said:

They have the 911 feature once you call in that it auto connects to keep the location, and yes GPS works, down to within three feet and there are multiple systems in use. It's not the GPS that's an issue it's peoples Cell Phones if anything. Or the Database.

I worked for a company down your way in the 80's doing Oil exploration I used GPS systems, we had three up at all times and all were accurate in doing that, and that was in the 80's, three feet, I think that is close enough and I would bet it's better now.

Also I work on 911 ckts, I am in the communications business, I guess I have no information to have an opinion.........

Jesus Christ.

The one thing you are correct about is the address of the incident, but this was obvious, she is screaming breaking in to the house, Richards Wife was at the damn location, or do I need a picture and News at 5 to satisfy your confidence in that, she could of been in San Francisco I guess calling up here about Richard...........
I agree that wife or the caller could be off site.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2w4d4af0 said:
pmedic920":2w4d4af0 said:
chris98251":2w4d4af0 said:
SantaClaraHawk":2w4d4af0 said:

Jesus Christ.

After I worked in dispatch I went on to work on a VOIP phone changeover. Big problems peering the PBXes so management just crowded any extension with a voicemail onto one pbx. Which made all those extensions now call 911 in the wrong city. With the wrong set of first responders.

Not in all times will there be an in-house or even vendor who just sits there wondering about s like this. It's easily the type of thing that falls through. Which is one reason why pmedic is telling you how it is. When he gets routed he has to know beforehand that the 10-20 is where he's going and that this address is a valid location in itself.

knownone

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":274242sv said:
knownone":274242sv said:
Sgt. Largent":274242sv said:
pmedic920":274242sv said:

I'm not speaking with regards to Richard. I'm speaking in regards to you and your perspective. I grew up in a crappy neighborhood, and this type of thing happened just about every weekend. Now I live in the nice part of town, and kids listening to music too loud draws the ire of everyone in the neighborhood.

My point is what's benign to one person is extreme to another person. It's obviously not healthy behavior, and it's certainly concerning, but to a lot of us, it's normalized to a varying degree which diminishes its impact.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
knownone":30hhidfj said:
Sgt. Largent":30hhidfj said:
knownone":30hhidfj said:
Sgt. Largent":30hhidfj said:

I'm not speaking with regards to Richard. I'm speaking in regards to you and your perspective. I grew up in a crappy neighborhood, and this type of thing happened just about every weekend. Now I live in the nice part of town, and kids listening to music too loud draws the ire of everyone in the neighborhood.

My point is what's benign to one person is extreme to another person. It's obviously not healthy behavior, and it's certainly concerning, but to a lot of us, it's normalized to a varying degree which diminishes its impact.

I agree with most of this, but if we're speculating as to why? Then I'd side more on the side of he's an entitled arrogant pro athlete, over what you're saying, it's normalized because of his upbringing.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":wklsb9nm said:
pmedic920":wklsb9nm said:
chris98251":wklsb9nm said:
SantaClaraHawk":wklsb9nm said:

Jesus Christ.

You can form whatever option you want to form, you can do it with or without knowledge. In this instance I’m telling you that your opinion is wrong/invalid

The “one thing” I’m correct about?

Ok Bro Tater.

All of your knowledge and technical know how absolutely overrides my real world street level experiences.

It’s supposed to work, so it does?

Got it.

Lol@Chris
You may know what you’re talking about but you have no idea how it actually works/doesn’t work.

Edit: guess how often someone runs to the house behind them to call 911 for whatever reason.

The actual problem ends up being on the next street over. ( this BTW is one of the reasons call takers want callers to stay on the line)
Clueless you apparently are.
30+ years of responding to 911 calls dude, in theory you’re correct, in reality……

Eat a bag.

https://www.911.gov/50-years-of-911.html