Sherman arrested for DUI

cymatica

Reaction score
He made a stupid decision & hopefully nobody was hurt but I still hope he can find happiness & get his life together.
It seems he has some demons to deal with.
I don't have sympathy for someone like him who is set for life from playing a game while being extremely arrogant. He could have easily snapped his fingers and found a ride.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's been not quite two years since Sherman plead guilty to this:

Sherman was given a 90-day suspended sentence for each count (first-degree negligent driving and second-degree criminal trespass) with two days credit given from his initial arrest. He was assigned to have monitored supervision for the next two years. He will not serve any further jail time unless he violates the terms of the agreement.

Sherman must stay out of any further trouble, which includes any criminal, alcohol or drug-related offenses.

If this incident violated the terms of his agreement back in 2022, he could be looking at jail time. Monitored supervision for two years, starting from when I wonder.

But we'll see. There's not a lot of information to go on yet.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Isn't this his second DUI offense?
No, but it's an alcohol-related offense. As I said above, it would appear that he had to stay clean for two years, and the article I cited was dated 03/03/2022. He's cutting it pretty close.

There's still a lot we don't know, like was he speeding, what was his BAC, etc.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Why does it say former “Seahawks”? Seems all he does lately is associate himself to the Niners.
I was thinking the same. Then I saw he was arrested in Washington and they wanted their clicks. Former Seahawk gets more clicks than former Niner. Either way driving drunk is just plain dumb and Sherman should be smarter than that. Couple this with his previous legal issues and it’s not good for him. He needs some help.

RiverDog

Reaction score
This. If he's guilty, he's guilty. But I'd like to see what his BAC was, and see any video of his interaction with police, before concluding anything.
I'd also like to know what it was he did to get pulled over. Was he speeding? If so, how fast and what was the speed zone? Or did he just fail to signal a lane change?

If this comes back pretty severe, say like 2x the legal limit of alcohol, controlled substances, 20 mph over the speed limit, etc., he could be looking at some jail time. At the very least, he appears to have made a bad decision. Especially considering that he was still on probation, if he had anything at all, he should have called for an Uber.

bigcc

Reaction score
It's been not quite two years since Sherman plead guilty to this:

Sherman was given a 90-day suspended sentence for each count (first-degree negligent driving and second-degree criminal trespass) with two days credit given from his initial arrest. He was assigned to have monitored supervision for the next two years. He will not serve any further jail time unless he violates the terms of the agreement.

Sherman must stay out of any further trouble, which includes any criminal, alcohol or drug-related offenses.

If this incident violated the terms of his agreement back in 2022, he could be looking at jail time. Monitored supervision for two years, starting from when I wonder.

But we'll see. There's not a lot of information to go on yet.
For a suspended sentence, he is now ruled guilty for those charges, and doesn't get a chance to defend himself in court

Judge can decide to be lenient, but sherm gets no official defense for the previous charges.

If I'm sherman I immediately go to rehab, and show proof to his probation officer to show the judge

Get a jump on it, because he is screwed

EDIT: btw article was 03/07/22, so he was probably a week or so from 2 year clearance.

At the bare minimum, it's getting reset with stricter compliance checks

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Throw the book at him. I have no sympathy for people that repeatedly break the law with alcohol.