Sherman arrested for DUI

bigcc

Reaction score
I'd also like to know what it was he did to get pulled over. Was he speeding? If so, how fast and what was the speed zone? Or did he just fail to signal a lane change?

If this comes back pretty severe, say like 2x the legal limit of alcohol, controlled substances, 20 mph over the speed limit, etc., he could be looking at some jail time. At the very least, he appears to have made a bad decision. Especially considering that he was still on probation, if he had anything at all, he should have called for an Uber.
Suspended sentence, he likely wasn't allowed to drink alcohol at all.

He was caught with an active bac driving after trying to subvert the ignition lock

Worth noting this was in Washington state so he can't claim something like it being a rental because working away from home for a game or whatever

bigcc

Reaction score
Yeah, and he could even hire a private driver.

Strict DWI laws now.

His previous incident a couple years ago will likely be a factor if he pleads guilty or is convicted.
He had a suspended sentence so he already plead guilty.

With a suspended sentence the guilty verdict would have been removed after the two years, it's a last chance/wake up call kind of thing

He might be in luck if he was sentenced before 02/23/22 because he would have been cleared, and would only be facing this new charge

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is mental health people. No excuse, but hopefully this time his brothers actually help him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
For a suspended sentence, he is now ruled guilty for those charges, and doesn't get a chance to defend himself in court

Judge can decide to be lenient, but sherm gets no official defense for the previous charges.

If I'm sherman I immediately go to rehab, and show proof to his probation officer to show the judge

Get a jump on it, because he is screwed

EDIT: btw article was 03/07/22, so he was probably a week or so from 2 year clearance.

At the bare minimum, it's getting reset with stricter compliance checks
It's not clear to me exactly when his two years probation started. Did it start the day of his sentencing? The day he was arrested? At the very least, he's very close to probation having expired, so he may catch a break. One week short of a 2 year probation means he went 99+% of his probation without an incident.

It also makes a difference who he has as a prosecutor and who he gets as a judge. I couldn't believe it when Geno got off scot-free.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Why does it say former “Seahawks”? Seems all he does lately is associate himself to the Niners.
100%

Also if he was on probation.. i HIGHLY doubt that he would be allowed to drink. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't a probation violation as well doesn't matter he's 99% or 1% through probation, he ****** up.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor will always be my favorite LOB member!

The dude just stays the clean, and most law abiding citizen of the LOB members.

Let’s go Kam Chancellor!

The Greatest LOB Member!
I remember reading somewhere in an interview when someone asked i cant remember who, but they said Kam was who kept everyone in check. Which makes sense. When Kam retired, the wheels kinda fell off once he wasnt there to keep sherm and earl in check.

bigcc

Reaction score
It's not clear to me exactly when his two years probation started. Did it start the day of his sentencing? The day he was arrested? At the very least, he's very close to probation having expired, so he may catch a break. One week short of a 2 year probation means he went 99+% of his probation without an incident.

It also makes a difference who he has as a prosecutor and who he gets as a judge. I couldn't believe it when Geno got off scot-free.
Prosecutor is irrelevant for the suspended sentence, that's not going to trial.

He may very well not even have the same judge for previous vs new charges.

He might be able to slip past jail with some Saul Goodman stuff, but best case scenario he will still be guilty on record

UNLESS, like you said, him possibly slipping the the two years.

His previous two days in jail were considered for the suspended sentencing, so if it was arrest date he might be clear.

Crazy as it sounds, despite pleading guilty, if the two years fully passed, he can legally say he'd never been charged with a crime.

Part of me wonders if it was something like celebrating his freedom (he was likely doing Etoh tests since he wasn't allowed to drink at all), because the timing is SUPER close to when previous charges were struck

EDIT: sorry for weird spacing, just kind of threading thoughts together

bigcc

Reaction score
that's the aggravating part about it all.
He was booked around 4:55 so I have to wonder

What was he even doing out that late. Dude is a public figure, nearly 36 and married with children.

Alcohol isn't even served after 2 am.

I'm curious about the details because that's.... Interesting circumstances there

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Richard has an alcohol problem.

As soon as begin to believe your drinking is OK and you take chances on driving after you should know it’s wrong the slope becomes steep and very slippery.

The Uber would have cost perhaps $50 and it may have been able to be written off if he was doing business. The lawyer fees will be a whole lot more, very poor judgment.

I hope he’s OK.

bigcc

Reaction score
Richard has an alcohol problem.

As soon as begin to believe your drinking is OK and you take chances on driving after you should know it’s wrong the slope becomes steep and very slippery.

The Uber would have cost perhaps $50 and it may have been able to be written off if he was doing business. The lawyer fees will be a whole lot more, very poor judgment.

I hope he’s OK.
Doing business at 4 in the morning would be a tough sell.

It's also worth noting that for those suspended sentences, you aren't allowed to drink alcohol while on probation if alcohol was involved, and it's safe to say it was given his ignition lock (which he bypassed apparently I guess).

I don't know if it's an alcohol problem, but safe to say it's either that or ego.

Lot of people think they're above the law, until they aren't.

EDIT: I'd assume that he's physically OK, but he's still in jail until Monday and I guarantee that he's terrified about job prospects, potential jail time, CERTAINLY further probation hoops to jump, and what his family and friends are thinking of him.

Amazon and other tv gigs are certainly in danger

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If he was driving home from his restaurant in Ballard, it would be a deductible item or one that likely would slip through.

In the end I hope he is OK, frankly, he’s a bright guy, better when he’s sober.

For him it’s time for some reflection about the direction of his life, instead of screwing a good thing up.

kidhawk

Reaction score
From what I’ve pieced together online he was pulled over for doing 79 in a 60 zone. He told officers he had 2 margaritas earlier that evening. He was given field sobriety tests but declined a breathalyzer (I’m not from Washington but here that in itself is an offense equal to a DUI and punishable as such). The timing of when he was pulled over seems fuzzy but most all agree he was booked into the jail after 4 am so we don’t know how much delay there will be between his stop and official blood test. If he was drinking he may have been wise to try to delay the testing. Time shall tell. Of course it’s all meaningless if he was on probation and drank but overrode an interlock device. I would think they’d take that pretty seriously.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
From what I’ve pieced together online he was pulled over for doing 79 in a 60 zone. He told officers he had 2 margaritas earlier that evening. He was given field sobriety tests but declined a breathalyzer (I’m not from Washington but here that in itself is an offense equal to a DUI and punishable as such). The timing of when he was pulled over seems fuzzy but most all agree he was booked into the jail after 4 am so we don’t know how much delay there will be between his stop and official blood test. If he was drinking he may have been wise to try to delay the testing. Time shall tell. Of course it’s all meaningless if he was on probation and drank but overrode an interlock device. I would think they’d take that pretty seriously.
I'm pretty sure the roadside handheld breathalyzer devices are just preliminary things, and I don't think refusing them carries any real legal weight. The real one is the big machine at the police station or jail. That's the one that refusing puts your license at risk.

Atradees

Reaction score
Well, he will never get in Canada now......Oh Toto; will we ever find our way home? Though he never harmed another person his life and career will be destroyed. I am going to miss him just like i miss Gruden and the Redskins..another bright light is snuffed out.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score

Not that it's an important factor, but he was pulled over at 4am, booked into jail at 4:30.

Where did you get your source? As far as I know, they haven't released any details beyond the initial reports and likely won't for some time.

@BlueTalon is correct. The roadside breathalyzer is optional. The one at the station is not, considered implied consent, and carries some pretty severe consequences for refusing to take it. So which one he refused is critical to his case.

If he refused a breathalyzer at the station, he's likely toast. They can reinstate his old sentence which includes 90 days in jail, consider this event a 2nd offense that carries a mandatory 45 days in jail, and he's in the pokey for half the summer, possibly lose his job at Amazon Prime. It would be incredibly stupid of him. He'd be better off trying to pass the test.

But on the other hand, Geno physically refused to take a blood test, struggled with the officers, and he got off scot-free, so who knows.

Last edited: