Shaquill Griffin

HoldYourHawk

Reaction score
Curious how Shaq graded out last night. I didn't hear his name much in the first half, always a good thing for corners imo, but was probably due to the Eagles choosing to run rather than pass in the first half.

I did see he got beat twice by Alshon Jeffery, who is a stud, in the second half. But outside of that I'm assuming he had a great game.

RussB

Reaction score
I watched the corners alot i thought both him and B max played pretty well. Eagles have a talented WR corps so they gave up a few plays. But they held them in check for most of the game. I saw both shaq and maxwell have pass deflections.

The hail mary throw over maxwell was just lucky he sagged off and didnt think wentz would throw it that far. The one he got beat for the TD he got caught up between two guys and missed agholar blowing by him. Aside from that both guys on the outside played very well they were holding it down in man to man.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Griffin played better than I initially gave him credit for. Fieldgulls mentioned that he was largely covering Alshon Jeffery in the first half and that Alshon didn't get targeted at all. Whether that was just the game plan or Shaquill's coverage is the question, but I'd have to guess the coverage was part of it.

Griffin did have one brutal drive in the second half and a ticky-tack penalty.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Overall I think he has looked pretty good. Alshon really didn't do much and he seemed to be covering him a lot.

I think a full off season with Pete and Sherman will do wonders for him. I imagine he will be a very confident cornerback in year 2.