**** SF

94Smith

Reaction score
Niners have probably been the most talented team on both sides of the ball the last 3 years and still nothing to show for it. Next year look like it's their last shot at a title or at least before things get a lot tougher.
Likely lose armstead ,aiyuk , maybe Williams after next season. Have to have a great draft this year

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on him at this stage? I think he’s a potential Franchise QB and a hell of a system QB and dare I say the hated term, great game manager? Personally I don’t see that phrase as the insult many do for the record.

Raifers

Reaction score
Nobody ever talks about your boy Dan Quinn in Atlanta . I don’t get that. Shouldn’t the Atlanta defense stopped Brady as well? The coach has the ultimate responsibly . You saw today Shanahan call a time out to talk to wilks about the defensive call. Same thing with PC in the Seahawks last Super Bowl and the decision to pass over run . It was on PC not your OC
Yes, but his play calling in the 2nd half didn’t help. I don’t think he sees the big picture. He left way too much time for the patriots to come back and yah the defense should have stopped the patriots, but they probably got gassed because the offense abandoned the run. Kinda like today in the 3rd quarter. Edit: I do remember thinking after some pass calls as to why they didn’t run to burn clock and/or have them use time outs

As for the previous loss against the chiefs, their final drive… if my memory is correct he had the correct call for a Td but they didn’t connect. However, that was not the correct time to go for it, they shoulda used more time. Even if they score on that play, with how Kc was doing against SF’s D, was still too much time on the clock where I see KC still winning. So yea I’ll stick to Kyle as the guy who won’t get you over that final hump.

Plenty people talk about Quinn in Atlanta. Many here didn’t want him back because of what he did there.

Hell I have plenty of gripes about PC, more said in years past verbally than on here. PC cost us a 2nd (me I’m gonna blame that on Russell and the OC, to this day I still don’t know why it wasn’t a play action bootleg) but at least he got one, so idk why you would bring that up unless you just need to help yourself feel better about your loss today.

94Smith

Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on him at this stage? I think he’s a potential Franchise QB and a hell of a system QB and dare I say the hated term, great game manager? Personally I don’t see that phrase as the insult many do for the record.
He’s got moxy and he wins. He had a so so game today but the chiefs defense played lights out. Makes a lot of 3rd down conversions . He played only 2 bad games all season, against the browns and against the ravens. I’ll take that for a second year starter . No turnovers today. Not the reason they lost

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Nobody ever talks about your boy Dan Quinn in Atlanta . I don’t get that. Shouldn’t the Atlanta defense stopped Brady as well? The coach has the ultimate responsibly . You saw today Shanahan call a time out to talk to wilks about the defensive call. Same thing with PC in the Seahawks last Super Bowl and the decision to pass over run . It was on PC not your OC
The entire forum would've hated the Dan Quinn hire. Seahawks fans are quite down on him overall.

knownone

Reaction score
Purdy's greatest asset is his contact. It'll be interesting to see how the Niners value him when it comes time to pay him.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I think injuries killed the 9ers. Samuel soldered but he lost his ability to make good cuts. The 9er's seemed like a steam roller on a quarter tank of gas.

94Smith

Reaction score
Yes, but his play calling in the 2nd half didn’t help. I don’t think he sees the big picture. He left way too much time for the patriots to come back and yah the defense should have stopped the patriots, but they probably got gassed because the offense abandoned the run. Kinda like today in the 3rd quarter. Edit: I do remember thinking after some pass calls as to why they didn’t run to burn clock and/or have them use time outs

Plenty people talk about Quinn in Atlanta. Many here didn’t want him back because of what he did there.
It’s pretty simple. I think Kyle was in the booth in Atlanta ? Dan Quinn radio up to KS “ Kyle , I know you have an MVP at qb and feel the need to throw it, but as clock control is my ultimate responsibility as head coach , I’m going to ask you to hand it off more to Tevin Coleman so we can chew clock and get out of here with a win”

94Smith

Reaction score
I think injuries killed the 9ers. Samuel soldered but he lost his ability to make good cuts. The 9er's seemed like a steam roller on a quarter tank of gas.
Nah. They had no one on the injury list leading into the game. Chiefs D just made a few more plays than niners D . They stopped them with goal to go and niners didn’t . They also stopped them and forced a punt on the mahomes int . Dre Greenlaw went down but flannigan fowles did not cost them the game

Raifers

Reaction score
It’s pretty simple. I think Kyle was in the booth in Atlanta ? Dan Quinn radio up to KS “ Kyle , I know you have an MVP at qb and feel the need to throw it, but as clock control is my ultimate responsibility as head coach , I’m going to ask you to hand it off more to Tevin Coleman so we can chew clock and get out of here with a win”
Could be. Pretty simple that it seems that he can’t get the job done in the Super Bowl. He doesn’t have anyone telling him that now. He should have run the ball more, especially on that last drive in OT on and on 3rd and 4 in the 4th and made KC burn another time out.

chris98251

Reaction score
I really don't blame this on Purdy, They went down and scored, defense had to hold and did not.

94Smith

Reaction score
Could be. Pretty simple that it seems that he can’t get the job done in the Super Bowl. He doesn’t have anyone telling him that now. He should have run the ball more, especially on that last drive in OT on and on 3rd and 4 in the 4th and made KC burn another time out.
3rd and 4 ? The only thing I could fault him there is not running it with a plan to go for it on 4th down. But if your plan is to kick the fg and let your d take their chances with mahomes , then you have to throw it. Jennings was open but the blitz pressure was in purdys face. KC is the best blitzing team in the league

bigskydoc

Reaction score
He’s won lots of big games including two weeks ago. Loss sucks but Shanahan was not the problem. Just a better chiefs team
Honestly, I think they were evenly matched, and the two best teams in the league. Unfortunately for the rest of the league, it was a down year for the Chiefs.

94Smith

Reaction score
I really don't blame this on Purdy, They went down and scored, defense had to hold and did not.
I don’t blame it on the defense either . It was just mahomes doing mahomes things . D played great all game. They play this game 100 times chiefs win 60 times niners 40 times. That’s why it went to ot

seahawks08

Reaction score
I feel on paper Detroit, Rams and Packers would probably challenge against the 9ers. Their teams are all getting things done and I am thinking can be better with more picks and cap room.