**** SF

Torc

Reaction score
LOL. I feel it.

I wasn't kidding tho. Eventually, you will be right. Just a matter of how long it will take, how successful they are at re-loading, and finding out if Brock Purdy is that guy. If the last one is a yes....then this can last a long time. If he's not...then who the hell knows.

What's funny to me tho RE Brock Purdy is the moving of the Goalposts. Its like "he's not even good", then "he's just Jimmy G", "OK, he's better than Jimmy", "to Yeah but he can't play from behind", to now "well he's not Patrick Mahomes".

Like...duh. I don't anyone has ever argued that. I don't think we know yet and won't for some time. QB are like that. Takes years for them to see all DCs in the league and to play through all of the looks they will ever see.
I think the thing you have to keep in mind with Purdy and the questioning of his ability is that he'll always be questioned.

Tom Brady was questioned all the way up until he left the Pats. There was debate about "was the success because of Brady or Belichick". It is, in my opinion, one of the primary reasons that Brady left NE in the first place.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I think the thing you have to keep in mind with Purdy and the questioning of his ability is that he'll always be questioned.

Tom Brady was questioned all the way up until he left the Pats. There was debate about "was the success because of Brady or Belichick". It is, in my opinion, one of the primary reasons that Brady left NE in the first place.

No doubt. Just funny.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seems like the real deal to me because he has exactly the same quality that made Tom so good. Incredibly fast processing.

bileever

Reaction score
To me, there's no question Brock Purdy is the real deal. He's proven it over a whole season, and in the playoffs. It isn't fair that the 49ers find themselves saved from the ashes of the Trey Lance debacle. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.