Seneca Wallace?

OP
OP
HAWKFaninBAMA

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
nwgamer":17ze1n8e said:
I think some new meat would be better imo. Someone hungry to learn and grow.

I agree, as a #3 though. I don't think it's a very good idea to have a brand new QB backing up a QB in his second season. I feel like we need some sort of veteran presence, granted Seneca was never "the guy" but he has at least SOME experience. We would give up zero picks, minimum salary, and have minimum expectations for a guy with more upside than downside.

He could play the same offense, so having a secondary offense for the backup would be unnecessary. He is comfortable in Seattle and as I remember he wasn't a half bad backup. We're not talking about a QBoTF anymore. We need a cheap game manager that can get the job done.

Rat

Reaction score
Our draft history with QBs is hardly stellar either. We hit the jackpot once in 40 years and everyone suddenly thinks great QBs grow on mid-round draft trees.

hoxrox

Reaction score
8 track players?

Let's continue the youth movement, including a capable back up QB that can come in and win games like Kirk Cousins did for the Redskins.

OP
OP
HAWKFaninBAMA

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
hoxrox":300gkqhd said:
8 track players?

Let's continue the youth movement, including a capable back up QB that can come in and win games like Kirk Cousins did for the Redskins.

Ok, suggestions? As I see it there aren't all that many available. Wallace is 32, and were not talking about long term here.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Isn't Seneca as dumb as an old boot too? Russell is a cerebral assassin and the offense is only going to get more and more complicated. Having to dumb it down for the 32 year old veteran back up does not seem like a sound game plan...

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I absolutley would love to have Wallace back in Seattle. But we will prob have two guys like a VY or Lienart come in to fight for the number 2 spot.

If Wilson goes down I will have little hope in anybodys ability to over take him but since we need to have a back up id prefer a Veteran over a rookie.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I would be fine with it.

I would also be fine with PCJS drafting a kid that is overlooked and having Wilson be the mentor. Wilson is a man amongst boys in the maturity and brains department. We have a kid that is the mold for ANY QB, not just the short ones. In a matter of time, he will be calling the shots offensively, so a rookie doesn't scare me.

But Wallace could win a few games with this team. With Harvin out there, no longer is a dump off a 1 yard gain to escape pressure. For the price, Wallsce would fit better than most of the others.

Largent80

Reaction score
I would welcome Seneca over every other mentioned "vet" so far.

Good gawd, people are mentioning Teblow for gawd sakes. At least Seneca can throw a football.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Wallace is about the same height as Wilson. Coincidence? Obviously it's a sign. That he should be signed.

OP
OP
HAWKFaninBAMA

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
I just think we should at least bring him to camp. Let him play a little and see if he fits. It's not like trading for someone that you are then financially tied to. We give up nothing to possibly get a decent backup.

The team we have now would support his skill set much better. Why not give him a shot?

nwgamer

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in at least three guys to pick from. Make them all compete for the #2 and #3 spot.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
Out of the fee agent QBs left Seneca would be my number one choice because of:

1) I think is an above average backup QB.
2) He would be cheap.
3) He has a similar skill set to Wilson.
4) He was always a great teammate in Seattle as far as I remember.

Even if we pick him or another QB up in FA I hope we still draft someone. If we do pickup someone like Seneca in FA I would prefer not to draft a QB before the 5th or 6th round though.

The Radish

Reaction score
polarbill1999":2omw0iv7 said:
Out of the fee agent QBs left Seneca would be my number one choice because of:

1) I think is an above average backup QB.
2) He would be cheap.
3) He has a similar skill set to Wilson.
4) He was always a great teammate in Seattle as far as I remember.

Even if we pick him or another QB up in FA I hope we still draft someone. If we do pickup someone like Seneca in FA I would prefer not to draft a QB before the 5th or 6th round though.

I am surprised at the comments against Seneca. I agree with the team we had then he might not have been a good fit. But several are saying the same things about him most everyone was saying about Wilson just a few short months ago.

As far as being old, he got used very little and was always touted as being in the best physical shape of any player on the team and worked at it full time.

Remember the running back Al Davis refused to use yet refused to let him go to another team? And then when he did as an "older" player he had several really good years. Wouldn't surprise me if Wallace is a lot like that.

And intelligence? What left field did that come out of? As smart a guy as any I'd wager.

:les:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Largent80":kxyya36p said:
I would welcome Seneca over every other mentioned "vet" so far.

Good gawd, people are mentioning Teblow for gawd sakes. At least Seneca can throw a football.
I am totally with you on this.

TLD0550

Reaction score
Rat":3hyeh18g said:
Our draft history with QBs is hardly stellar either. We hit the jackpot once in 40 years and everyone suddenly thinks great QBs grow on mid-round draft trees.

Best post in this thread for sure

scutterhawk

Reaction score
CANHawk":pbom0lis said:
Isn't Seneca as dumb as an old boot too? Russell is a cerebral assassin and the offense is only going to get more and more complicated. Having to dumb it down for the 32 year old veteran back up does not seem like a sound game plan...
Dumb as an old boot?, where'd you hear that ch*t?
Wallace has some damned good highlights on U-Tube, and I would encourage some of Y'all to go and watch.
Now I know that it's been awhile since he's had to take the reigns, but it has been said, that he keeps himself in great condition, he wouldn't break the bank, (probably isn't going to see the field for any real game clencher at any time either) + he fits our now system, better than he did the WCO that Holmgren ran.

OP
OP
HAWKFaninBAMA

HAWKFaninBAMA

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1ae03xoh said:
CANHawk":1ae03xoh said:
Dumb as an old boot?, where'd you hear that ch*t?
Wallace has some damned good highlights on U-Tube, and I would encourage some of Y'all to go and watch.
Now I know that it's been awhile since he's had to take the reigns, but it has been said, that he keeps himself in great condition, he wouldn't break the bank, (probably isn't going to see the field for any real game clencher at any time either) + he fits our now system, better than he did the WCO that Holmgren ran.

My point exactly