Seattle Sounders 2015 Season Thread

Smurf

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3d609v3u said:
Thanks for the explanation Smurf. Looking at this after your explanation, it makes sense to bring in Kljestan. Especially if he can help out defensively as well as attack.

No problem dude.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Eto'o and Klejstan?

When did the Sounders become the resting place of former soccer players.

Eto'o is used up. he'd look worse than what Dempsey did last year (and that was bad enough). he has 4 goals in all competitions and hasnt scored since a brace on 10/26. he literally is taking up space at Everton.

Klejstan is just recycled i feel. i mean did they try for Diskeruud first?. no denying that talent exists,, but Sacsha was just dead set on never living up to potential. hes slow on the ball, despite his technical ability, doesnt see his surroundings well and to make it all worse struggles to want to pass a ball. and thats on offense. once he has been dispossessed he might as well join you on the couch.

sure, both have experience at high levels, but i think Dempsey last year proved that what once a player was is not always what he will be. i'd love for the Sounders to be thinking more dynamically than this.

Klejstan maybe as he can fill numerous roles. Eto'o will be Jermaine Defoe

Smurf

Reaction score
Sounders trade up to #16 in the superdraft today and select UW star Christian Roldan.

Big get for us. Roldan is a CM who has fantastic touch on the ball. Will get to learn behind Alonso and Co.

Couldn't be happier with this selection.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1j6lxiah said:
Eto'o and Klejstan?

Eto'o is used up. he'd look worse than what Dempsey did last year (and that was bad enough). he has 4 goals in all competitions and hasnt scored since a brace on 10/26. he literally is taking up space at Everton.

Klejstan is just recycled i feel. i mean did they try for Diskeruud first?. no denying that talent exists,, but Sacsha was just dead set on never living up to potential. hes slow on the ball, despite his technical ability, doesnt see his surroundings well and to make it all worse struggles to want to pass a ball. and thats on offense. once he has been dispossessed he might as well join you on the couch.

sure, both have experience at high levels, but i think Dempsey last year proved that what once a player was is not always what he will be. i'd love for the Sounders to be thinking more dynamically than this.

Diskeruud wasn't in the cards. We were in the wrong spot in allocation and NYCFC wasn't willing to move (from reports some teams tried REALLY hard). Diskeruud also is way more expensive than Klejstan.

Eto'o isn't coming. Its just not happening.

Klejstan is possible.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":1p0lo1g5 said:
Sounders trade up to #16 in the superdraft today and select UW star Christian Roldan.

Big get for us. Roldan is a CM who has fantastic touch on the ball. Will get to learn behind Alonso and Co.

Roldan is a very good attacking/box to box mid. be interesting to see how is game develops in the MLS. built a bit like Alonso (not racist) but more attack minded.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":10xni2z1 said:
Uncle Si":10xni2z1 said:
Eto'o and Klejstan?

Diskeruud wasn't in the cards. We were in the wrong spot in allocation and NYCFC wasn't willing to move (from reports some teams tried REALLY hard). Diskeruud also is way more expensive than Klejstan.

Eto'o isn't coming. Its just not happening.

Klejstan is possible.

fair enough.. but the question isnt whether the two are coming but why? neither should be considered good enough in my mind. unless Klejstan's approach has changed in Belgium

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ypm5cex7 said:
Smurf":ypm5cex7 said:

Roldan is a very good attacking/box to box mid. be interesting to see how is game develops in the MLS. built a bit like Alonso (not racist) but more attack minded.

Especially with S2 he should get some solid minutes, and with his college teammate Darwin Jones up top there will be familiarity.

Really excited about this kid.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ja51xhl said:
fair enough.. but the question isnt whether the two are coming but why? neither should be considered good enough in my mind. unless Klejstan's approach has changed in Belgium

It has somewhat. He's not the same player that was with the USMNT and with Chivas USA a couple of years ago. He's more apt to defend than he once was. Play him in the middle or out wide. He will be a solid rotational squad member. He makes us a deeper team, and with CCL we need some more quality bodies.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":1zaob9wj said:
Uncle Si":1zaob9wj said:

It has somewhat. He's not the same player that was with the USMNT and with Chivas USA a couple of years ago. He's more apt to defend than he once was. Play him in the middle or out wide. He will be a solid rotational squad member. He makes us a deeper team, and with CCL we need some more quality bodies.

I worry about his approach. there is a reason he hasnt really stuck in anywhere he has been. mixing that with a Dempsey may be too much for one side.

Smurf

Reaction score
Sounders trade up again and select GK Tyler Miller.

I had heard he was heading to Europe....but If we can sign him and get him here it would be a solid pick up. Would be starting GK of S2 i believe.

We also drafted O'Neil Fisher with our last pick. Fisher is a CDM/RB.

Smurf

Reaction score
LA appears to be making a move for Kljestan. They just moved Sarvas away for #3 allocation order spot and $$.

Smurf

Reaction score
Jozy to TFC looks a done deal (he flew into Toronto earlier today). They are also rumored to be signing Sebastian Giovinco.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Smurf":2jopp601 said:
Jozy to TFC looks a done deal (he flew into Toronto earlier today). They are also rumored to be signing Sebastian Giovinco.

Good for TFC, but I'm not a fan of USMNT players going to Canadian teams. I think it diminishes their MLS value.

Bradley and Altidore should be playing on American teams in order to maximize their appeal. Of course Toronto fans are happy about getting these guys, but IMO their value is SO much more on American clubs.

Smurf

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2b04sucj said:
Smurf":2b04sucj said:

Good for TFC, but I'm not a fan of USMNT players going to Canadian teams. I think it diminishes their MLS value.

Bradley and Altidore should be playing on American teams in order to maximize their appeal. Of course Toronto fans are happy about getting these guys, but IMO their value is SO much more on American clubs.

It's weird to me too......but I like that they are back in the league.

Also looks like Anderlecht is putting the breaks on Kjlestan's move anyway.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
I look forward to the day when all USMNT players are playing in the MLS and not anywhere else. That would certainly attract more international interest.

Are the rumors true that Ronaldo is interested in playing in the US? Who could possibly afford him?

knownone

Reaction score
That day is apparently not far away. I however like seeing Americans playing in Europe.

You might be confused with Brazilian Ronaldo, who indeed might play in the USA.

Smurf

Reaction score
Both Ronaldo's have stated a desire to play in the US.

Brazilian Ronaldo with and NASL side (san antonio?)

Christiano Ronaldo has said he would like to play in MLS one day...so aways off....as for paying him....NYRB, NYCFC, LAG, SSFC

Smurf

Reaction score
Sounders have won both of their first preseason games by a combined score of 8-1.

Looks like they are trying Brad Evans at CB alongside Marshall in the first team. Mears at RB. Gonzalez seems to be first choice LB with Remick and Kovar also getting time.

Darwin Jones has been starting games at Right Mid.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Seriously - FFS!!! Two Hundred and five Dollars? For a Football Shirt?
And there are idiots who will buy this?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Ben_Jata/status/563561082435166208[/tweet]

Smurf

Reaction score
Those are authentics....not shocked.

Replica sounder jerseys are usually about $85 which does not include the cost of a name and or Number.

Authentics from my memory cost about $150, and that too is without name and number. So $205, while a tad high, isn't out of this world crazy.

Latest posts