Seattle Mariners @ Houston Astros Jul 28-31

Threedee

Reaction score
MLB Abandoning and outlawing the shift next year will help Seattle on both offense and defense.

The shift is overused by every club but Seattle is the worst at overusing it.

The Asteriks should be embarrassed the Seattle minor league lineup got it to extra innings.
I hate the **** out of the shift, but, how are they going to draw that up, exactly? Define a location for each player, and prohibit them from coming more than X distance off of that fixed location?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hate the **** out of the shift, but, how are they going to draw that up, exactly? Define a location for each player, and prohibit them from coming more than X distance off of that fixed location?
I think it’s 2 players on each side of second base and all infielders on the infield dirt. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I think it’s 2 players on each side of second base and all infielders on the infield dirt. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
That's along the lines of what I've heard discussed. I think they allow 1-2 steps onto the outfield grass or something.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They need to figure those guys out at some point. Good battle yesterday. However, when you have a pop fly in the infield, followed by 2 strikeouts in the 10th? Unacceptable. This team is a shell of themselves offensively w/out Julio. I still think they are gonna' make the playoffs.