Seattle Mariners @ Houston Astros Jul 28-31

Chapow

Reaction score
They were 9 games over .500 yesterday. Looking like a very real chance they could fall all the way to 2 games over .500 by next Thursday.

Gonna have to figure out a way to grind out a few wins against better teams (Astros, Yankees) or else they could find themselves under .500 in less than 2 weeks.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think I've said this for a while, but I hate the ******* shift. 🤦‍♂️

balakoth

Reaction score

Love the arm, not thrilled about giving up Marte, but understand it.

Marte OR Arroyo... we now have some low end infield prospects... I posted this in the other threads too.. fully on board with your thinking.. super torn

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Who goes Hernia?
Trade Gonz for some prospects and a 2B?? Where does he fit in rotation
I’d trade Marco for a quality bat if ones out there.
Marco’s inconsistently annoys the hell out of me at times. He doesn’t have the velocity to survive if he isn’t pinpointing his pitch location.

balakoth

Reaction score
Marco’s inconsistently annoys the hell out of me at times. He doesn’t have the velocity to survive if he isn’t pinpointing his pitch location.
I suggested Gonz Haniger Prospect + cash.. for Soto :p

balakoth

Reaction score
Also agree on the marco assess... my father in law and I are in the same ballpark as you... will miss him but Marco needs to go

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Not an expert on baseball prospects but it sure seems like we overpaid. If they can sign him to a long term deal then I probably won't feel that way though. Seems like the Mariner organization should have known at the beginning of this year we needed another arm though. Feel like giving that haul away could have been avoided had they gotten another arm before the season started. Obviously not as good of an arm but at least someone who could give them innings.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Not an expert on baseball prospects but it sure seems like we overpaid. If they can sign him to a long term deal then I probably won't feel that way though. Seems like the Mariner organization should have known at the beginning of this year we needed another arm though. Feel like giving that haul away could have been avoided had they gotten another arm before the season started. Obviously not as good of an arm but at least someone who could give them innings.
According to the Times today, DiPoto has been working on this trade since last Oct or so. We couldn't finish a deal then, so we got Robbie Ray, who is pretty damn good against most everybody except the 'Stros. ;) Part of the problem was the lockout last fall that put all deals on hold for several months.

I have to assume they are not done yet. We could still use a bat or two that we can count on, hopefully without disrupting our defense too much.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
To get this thread back on track, we have a game today. First pitch at 4:10 pm PDT.

F. Valdez(9-4, 2.74 ERA)C. Flexen(7-8, 3.75 ERA)
Steady Eddie Flexen up today.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Why is Moore playing, and why is he hitting 6th?

If you are not going to bring up JK, trade for another OF’er. Lewis and Haninger can’t be trusted health wise and Moore is a black hole in the lineup.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I think kirby gets flipped for a
Why is Moore playing, and why is he hitting 6th?

If you are not going to bring up JK, trade for another OF’er. Lewis and Haninger can’t be trusted health wise and Moore is a black hole in the lineup.
They need to go get another bat.