Seattle Mariners @ Houston Astros Jul 28-31

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Swung at an inside pitch and took one off his wrist. He went back to the outfield, but didn't return to the plate. Xrays tonight. Servais unsure about tomorrow.
Thanks for the info. A little confusing since a HBP wasn’t listed in the box score, but if he swung it’s a strike.

W

Welshers

Well that was a gutty win, I won't lie. I almost started writing my meltdown post going into the the 9th, but im glad I waited. That close to 6 straight losses against the Astros. Ouch. However; this team has a good shot at a WC. Currently in second and only need 3rd. Got a few games on 4th. They need to survive these Houston and NY series with a few wins. And then take care of business against the rest of their opponents. One of the weakest schedules in baseball left. The drought may finally end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Yeah I turned it off after the 8th. Either way I’m happy with the outcome. That was a gutty win. Really hope Julio is okay, by the look of his reaction, he could miss time. He basically took a 97 mph pitch to his hand.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Considering the way he reacted to being hit, I was stunned to see him out there in the field on the top of the 9th. If something's actually cracked, I don't think he'd say he's OK enough to catch flies, so maybe he's OK. I expect we'll hear the results of the X-rays any minute now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This might be a game we just waive the white flag. Heard a couple AA guys from Arkansas got called up. Kelenic may not get in until game time. There is a possibility Frazier will have to play CF.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I like how they plunked that cheating jockey right off the bat. He scored and Seattle is down 2-0 but the M’s are not winning anyway today with that minor league line up. Might as well send some messages.

We Keep getting burned by the shift on defense.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I like how they plunked that cheating jockey right off the bat. He scored and Seattle is down 2-0 but the M’s are not winning anyway today with that minor league line up. Might as well send some messages.

We Keep getting burned by the shift on defense.
Not sure that was needed. Julio got hit because he decided to swing into it. Most players would have just sat back. I think it was Borucki, he nearly hit one of their guys in the head last night.

Threedee

Reaction score
I didn't realize the player at second was the previous third out, and not the next guy in the lineup. That's annoying.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
I hate the shift. Actually not too bad considering how many guys we were short. New York is gonna suck.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Need to trade for bats.

Mitch needs to come up and not wait for comfy feeling.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hate the shift. Actually not too bad considering how many guys we were short. New York is gonna suck.
MLB Abandoning and outlawing the shift next year will help Seattle on both offense and defense.

The shift is overused by every club but Seattle is the worst at overusing it.

The Asteriks should be embarrassed the Seattle minor league lineup got it to extra innings.

W

Welshers

this team man.... 1-6 against the stros in to series since our winning streak. oh well. I still think they have a chance at extra baseball. this was tough though. dealing with injuries now as well.