Seattle Kraken Hockey

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2bzj5j1m said:
Sports Hernia":2bzj5j1m said:
425HawkSpark":2bzj5j1m said:
Palmegranite":2bzj5j1m said:
The name Kraken evokes a limp, gelatinous blob of raw squid, displayed at the local fish market on a bed of crushed ice.

And what fans will toss on the ice during future losing streaks.

Not my first choice.
Well totems is just a f*** carved log....no fear in that
Well if that carved log fell on you, just imagine the damage it could do. 8)

Or the Seattle Freeze..... terrifying. Just think, people brushing off your invites to go get coffee or drinks. Could be quite damaging to your feels.

Well Seattle collectively craps themselves and shuts down when it snows so maybe that IS fitting.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
WIll we really just be the Krackers?
We play in a Krack house

IT's a very polarizing name and they should be wise to name it something more mainstream that will still be good years from now.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":6nxbslte said:
chris98251":6nxbslte said:
Krack of the Whip.

Kracken a Cold One.

Se we can do this the other way also.
Chris,didn't you come up with the name Kraken first?
I think you should get credit for that..Good call

Yeah way back at the beginning and posted some images I found, thought someone could do a lot with it and it's Unique.

Chapow

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":1bl2u4jf said:
I still think Kraken is stupid. It's edge-lord stuff to want a name that's "intimidating."

My favorites I've seen so far are:
- Seattle Freeze
- Seattle Totems
- Seattle Metropolitans

I haven't seen a suggestion yet that screams WNBA like Seattle Freeze does.

While I personally don't mind Kraken, and I actually think it could make for a pretty cool logo, gear, etc., at this point I don't think it's a very good idea to name the team that. Do a quick Google search for Seattle Kraken and it's pretty clear that it's already being looked at as a huge joke with all the references to Krackheads, Krackhouse, Krackpipe, etc. Probably not a very good idea to kick off a brand new NHL franchise like that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3vnk84vr said:
IndyHawk":3vnk84vr said:
chris98251":3vnk84vr said:
Krack of the Whip.

Kracken a Cold One.

Se we can do this the other way also.
Chris,didn't you come up with the name Kraken first?
I think you should get credit for that..Good call

Yeah way back at the beginning and posted some images I found, thought someone could do a lot with it and it's Unique.
Yes you did..I'm glad my memory is still pretty good.
They should give you season tickets for free.
Go to the Krack arena :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't care what the hell they call the team, NHL baby.

I'd prefer the Totems or Steelhead, but Kraken, Whackin', Homeless Drifters, Methlabs, Rent Controls, The Fighting Bezos's, whatever.

Chapow

Reaction score
IndyHawk":161ry5bi said:

Correction. It'll be referred to as the Krackhouse, not Krack arena, if the team name is Kraken.

Which probably isn't a very good look for an area that has the kinds of problems that Seattle does right now. On the other hand, if we're going for "fits the region", it certainly does do that.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Chapow":cd4phcj1 said:
IndyHawk":cd4phcj1 said:

Correction. It'll be referred to as the Krackhouse, not Krack arena, if the team name is Kraken.

Which probably isn't a very good look for an area that has the kinds of problems that Seattle does right now. On the other hand, if we're going for "fits the region", it certainly does do that.

I'm still a bit meh on the Kraken, if that's what they're going with, but it'll grow on me. And it's definitely better than the Mighty Ducks in this league.

But how do we not go with the arena nickname as the Krackenhaus (or even Krackenhouse), a play off Krankenhaus, the German word for hospital? Perfect for the violence of hockey, if you ask me.

Chapow

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":xfab7n5p said:
Chapow":xfab7n5p said:
IndyHawk":xfab7n5p said:

I'm still a bit meh on the Kraken, if that's what they're going with, but it'll grow on me. And it's definitely better than the Mighty Ducks in this league.

But how do we not go with the arena nickname as the Krackenhaus (or even Krackenhouse), a play off Krankenhaus, the German word for hospital? Perfect for the violence of hockey, if you ask me.

Because that ship has already sailed. We can try to give it whatever nickname we want, but Krackhouse is already all over the internet, twitter, etc. If the team name does end being Seattle Kraken, the arena is going to be referred to as the Krackhouse, and the fans are going to be referred to as Krackheads, whether we like it or not.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12nau5lw said:
I don't care what the hell they call the team, NHL baby.

I'd prefer the Totems or Steelhead, but Kraken, Whackin', Homeless Drifters, Methlabs, Rent Controls, The Fighting Bezos's, whatever.
Oh I agree. Whatever the name, logo, and colors are, I will support them and get used to it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well we have the Clink, and 12's which I hate I liked 12th man much more.

They don't the Fans of the Mariners anything, hard to find one after the first week of the season, T Mobile Park hmmm Too bad they lost Safeco sounded much better.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":g3lhbl1v said:
Chapow":g3lhbl1v said:
IndyHawk":g3lhbl1v said:

Theres more violence in nascar than hockey...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Cyrus12":10kfklrw said:
Seahawk Sailor":10kfklrw said:
Chapow":10kfklrw said:
IndyHawk":10kfklrw said:

Theres more violence in nascar than hockey...

Not judging from the last time Vancouver lost in the Cup finals. 8)

Ruminator

Reaction score
Many seem to believe the name Kraken is a done deal, but didn't someone on the NHLSeattle Twitter account earlier this week say they're aware of "fishy rumors" and that a decision is yet to be made?

twisted_steel2

Reaction score

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1tp3gdap said:
https://www.desertsun.com/story/spo...cusses-building-franchise-scratch/4627896002/

Katie Townsend, the VP of Communications for NHL Seattle, said the Seattle team has it narrowed down to five names, and they are in the graphics and copyright stages before finalizing and making a declaration. They plan to announce it in March.

Down to 5, can we wait until March??
I mean sure why not? It's only been like TWO YEARS since they were awarded the franchise. :roll:

Maulbert

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":mpajonnl said:
https://www.desertsun.com/story/spo...cusses-building-franchise-scratch/4627896002/

Katie Townsend, the VP of Communications for NHL Seattle, said the Seattle team has it narrowed down to five names, and they are in the graphics and copyright stages before finalizing and making a declaration. They plan to announce it in March.

Down to 5, can we wait until March??

There was probably a misunderstanding. Someone overheard Kracken was a finalist and thought it was the choice, and jumped the gun.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They are handling this thing badly IMHO.
They should have had this decided in time to have team merchandise available before last Christmas.