Seattle Kraken Hockey

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ShyCheetah":3k336djm said:
Sports Hernia":3k336djm said:
Cyrus12":3k336djm said:
ShyCheetah":3k336djm said:
How has nobody mentioned the kraken moving up to 2nd overall in the upcoming entry draft bye winning 2nd in the draft lottery? It happened almost 2 days ago.
Its nhl hockey..no one gives a $h!t. Right up there with 5 pin bowling and darts.
There fixed it for you. You Canadians and your only 5 pins and thick rubber rings around them and tiny bowling balls.
You should be ashamed. 8)
Wtf is bowling?
It’s kind of like hockey without the ice. 8)

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":388gpzaa said:
ShyCheetah":388gpzaa said:
Sports Hernia":388gpzaa said:
Cyrus12":388gpzaa said:
Its nhl hockey..no one gives a $h!t. Right up there with 5 pin bowling and darts.
There fixed it for you. You Canadians and your only 5 pins and thick rubber rings around them and tiny bowling balls.
Wtf is bowling?

Is that what fred "twinkle toes" flinstone played in that cartoon? Thats a real thing?

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1cp877c0 said:
ShyCheetah":1cp877c0 said:
Sports Hernia":1cp877c0 said:
Cyrus12":1cp877c0 said:
Wtf is bowling?

Is that what fred "twinkle toes" flinstone played in that cartoon? Thats a real thing?

hai

Reaction score
It is crazy how in the PNW hockey is not bigger then it should be, we have the WHL, "The Western Hockey League is a major junior ice hockey league based in Western Canada and the Northwestern United States. The WHL is one of three leagues that constitutes the Canadian Hockey League as the highest level of junior hockey in Canada."
Which WA host many of the hockey teams locally.

It just says how much a sport or team whom is able to market there team through live-stream or TV are able to gain a massive advantage in fan base and marketability. As much as we dont like NHL since we dont have a team so therefore, we dont follow NHL. But once Kraken make its debut, and correlating it with other sports, especially teams that have depth, tend to go far.

Now we all know VGK did well its first year and continues to sustain it, and thats because they have way more depth and able to do many side deals that got them NHL ready players and traded prospects for em thru the expansion draft.
[youtube]UCimEPzhUMMJOJnGCaOzkFAg[/youtube]
Small channel, but very in-depth of whom we may pick from each team and he seems like a hockey fan, and a local insight.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hai":23e6m892 said:
It is crazy how in the PNW hockey is not bigger then it should be, we have the WHL, "The Western Hockey League is a major junior ice hockey league based in Western Canada and the Northwestern United States. The WHL is one of three leagues that constitutes the Canadian Hockey League as the highest level of junior hockey in Canada."
Which WA host many of the hockey teams locally.

It just says how much a sport or team whom is able to market there team through live-stream or TV are able to gain a massive advantage in fan base and marketability. As much as we dont like NHL since we dont have a team so therefore, we dont follow NHL. But once Kraken make its debut, and correlating it with other sports, especially teams that have depth, tend to go far.

Now we all know VGK did well its first year and continues to sustain it, and thats because they have way more depth and able to do many side deals that got them NHL ready players and traded prospects for em thru the expansion draft.
[youtube]UCimEPzhUMMJOJnGCaOzkFAg[/youtube]
Small channel, but very in-depth of whom we may pick from each team and he seems like a hockey fan, and a local insight.
Can you repost the link. I tried to imbed the video, either I screwed it up or the link didn’t work.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Flyers fans don’t like the guy, according to the HF Hockey forums.

I’m still learning the NHL, so I’ll go with Ron Francis on this one.
Time will tell if this is a good hire or not.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":f90falz7 said:

They don't like anyone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1ymo5wgv said:
Sports Hernia":1ymo5wgv said:

They don't like anyone.
Excellent point. Philly fans boo’ed Santa Claus after all.
Who boo’s Santa?? .....he gives you free stuff.

Threedee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":t0adny32 said:
Bobblehead":t0adny32 said:
Sports Hernia":t0adny32 said:

They don't like anyone.
Excellent point. Philly fans boo’ed Santa Claus after all.
Who boo’s Santa?? .....he gives you free stuff.

Unless he gives you a lump of coal. Then you take out a contract hit on him.

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
We now have to choice of Jonathan quick and Carey Price for Tender plus Tarasenko this team could be really good really fast

Ruminator

Reaction score
Ruminator":30la11ug said:
https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/hockey/article/seattle-kraken-2021-expansion-draft-16317742.php
I know nothing about Ovechkin except that he's from Russia, but interesting to note that Capitals left him unprotected. Writer in above article says he's considered one of the best players in the NHL. Probably the protected/unprotected list that just came out isn't as cut-and-dried as that, with intangibles and selection rules that perhaps assures a team's FO that certain players will stay even though left unprotected. Guess we'll see.

Edit: After some looking around on other boards, sounds like unrestricted free agents (like Ovechkin) would be risky to select since they would still be UFAs after the expansion draft and could turn around and re-sign with their former team if they didn't want to play in Seattle. That would explain a lot of the unprotected names who would otherwise be coveted.

chris98251

Reaction score
Also having higher salary Vets exposed protects younger players they have, chances of a Expansion team loading up on expensive vets at the end of their contracts are slimmer. An expansion team I would think would want some Vet leadership true but stock with up and comers and or lower priced role players.

Game within the Game within a Game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Since the unprotected/protected lists are out, anyone want to take a stab at who the Kraken will take and do a mock draft.
I would do one but as a “newbie” I don’t know which players would be good fits when you factor is skill, salary, cap hit, age, length of contract etc etc.

As a new NHL fan, I’d appreciate the education. :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1v6qgpyv said:
Since the unprotected/protected lists are out, anyone want to take a stab at who the Kraken will take and do a mock draft.
I would do one but as a “newbie” I don’t know which players would be good fits when you factor is skill, salary, cap hit, age, length of contract etc etc.

As a new NHL fan, I’d appreciate the education. :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

Use capfriendly.com . Itll automatically calculate cap hit, number of players required to fulfill quotas etc.

sdog1981

Reaction score
It's getting so close. This week is going to be a lot of fun. About to have a full-on team. Then the NHL draft is on Friday.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
No mention of .. how we knocked it out of the park.. just heavy on Defense to leverage for possible trades down the road... I mean where are all the ESPN , cbs si grades they always give.?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Well all the Monday QB's on the forum said we really made some bad choices.. IDK