Seahawks will have joint practice with Titans Aug 14-15

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
It’s a rare occurrence for the Seattle Seahawks to hold a practice with another NFL team, a circumstance likely due to the team’s location in the upper left corner of the map. But one of those rare occurrences will happen this summer.

The Seahawks and Tennessee Titans announced Tuesday that they will conduct a pair of joint practices on Wednesday, Aug. 14 and Thursday, Aug. 15.

What makes this practical? The Seahawks are already set to be in Nashville on Saturday, Aug. 17 for a 4 p.m. preseason game at the Titans, the second on the schedule for both teams in 2024.

sports.mynorthwest.com Seahawks.com

Scout

Reaction score
On paper the Titans really beefed up their offense to build around Will Levis. Very good test for the Seahawks pass defense and to see how they handle a Callahan styled offense that uses a lot of 3 WR sets.

On defense the Titans have a front seven that can fly so I am curious to see how the OL handles pressure from multiple gaps. That rookie Sweat is a big oy and I want to see how Olu and the rest of the interior OL handle him, along with veterans Simmons and Sebastian Joseph Day.

Rat

Reaction score
Not against joint practices, but the Titans might be the league's least-interesting team. I honestly can't think of anyone they have that I have a strong opinion one way or the other on. They have a linebacker named JoJo Domann. I guess that's pretty cool.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Good chance to see who is about business, hear Nashville is a bit of a party town :)

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Not against joint practices, but the Titans might be the league's least-interesting team. I honestly can't think of anyone they have that I have a strong opinion one way or the other on. They have a linebacker named JoJo Domann. I guess that's pretty cool.
Aren't they pretty good in the trenches though? Supposed that would give a good indication of where our lines are at.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
On paper the Titans really beefed up their offense to build around Will Levis. Very good test for the Seahawks pass defense and to see how they handle a Callahan styled offense that uses a lot of 3 WR sets.

On defense the Titans have a front seven that can fly so I am curious to see how the OL handles pressure from multiple gaps. That rookie Sweat is a big oy and I want to see how Olu and the rest of the interior OL handle him, along with veterans Simmons and Sebastian Joseph Day.
Grubb is familiar with Sweat.

Also, we have Byron Murphy, and Murphy can spill the tea on strengths and weaknesses of Sweat….

chrispy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if fans can attend the joint practice or anything about a pre-season game in Nashville? I didn't see it in the article, but maybe Season Ticket holders have heard something...???

sutz

Reaction score
Does anyone know if fans can attend the joint practice or anything about a pre-season game in Nashville? I didn't see it in the article, but maybe Season Ticket holders have heard something...???
Might check the Titans website. I'm assuming they control the venue.

chris98251

Reaction score
Glad he is doing this new offense, defense and kick offs, lots of bugs to work out and team will get a chance to see some of their basics in action as well as what they need to tweek.

Scout

Reaction score
Aren't they pretty good in the trenches though? Supposed that would give a good indication of where our lines are at.
Yes that will be a nice tune up for the Hawks trenches on both sides of the ball.