Seahawks TV coverage moving to KING 5...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bummer. I am a huge fan of Q13 FOX's Aaron Levine. Excellent, excellent coverage sportscaster/broadcaster. Love his pre and post game shows with him and Wyman and Babs. I will really be disappointed if he no longer has any Seahawks-related shows.

I was really disappointed when Angie Mentink was no longer doing Seahawks All Access on Saturdays during football season. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years back and I am glad to report she beat it, but she is now a reporter for the Mariners. Our loss, their gain.

However, the one good thing is I do like KING 5's sports broadcasters. Paul Silvi is fantastic (for years he has hosted a post game show and Walter Jones is currently his co-host) and I like Chris Egan and the others as well.

Not a total loss but Aaron Levine is my personal favorite local sports broadcaster followed by Paul Silvi.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pretty cool...

In my mild state of panic I reached out to Aaron via email and this was his response:

...The only thing that changes is preseason games will now be on KING 5. We’ll still have the majority of regular season games on FOX with our postgame shows each week, although they might look slightly different since we can’t put our desk out there anymore. Analysts are TBD as well. Hopefully everything will work out, but I don’t think things will change that drastically.

We will also have a weekly Seahawks show… just not sure it will be on Saturday nights. That’s up in the air for now.

Really appreciate your kind words. All the best to you.

Go Hawks!!

Torc

Reaction score
I'm curious how this will affect the Portland market (the articles addresses it only to say they don't know yet). We're cord cutters so rely on the OAB to watch the games for the most part.

Edit: missed the most important part, this is for preseason only. oh, well. :)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Bummer. I am a huge fan of Q13 FOX's Aaron Levine. Excellent, excellent coverage sportscaster/broadcaster. Love his pre and post game shows with him and Wyman and Babs. I will really be disappointed if he no longer has any Seahawks-related shows.

I was really disappointed when Angie Mentink was no longer doing Seahawks All Access on Saturdays during football season. She was diagnosed with breast cancer a few years back and I am glad to report she beat it, but she is now a reporter for the Mariners. Our loss, their gain.

However, the one good thing is I do like KING 5's sports broadcasters. Paul Silvi is fantastic (for years he has hosted a post game show and Walter Jones is currently his co-host) and I like Chris Egan and the others as well.

Not a total loss but Aaron Levine is my personal favorite local sports broadcaster followed by Paul Silvi.
I like Aaron Levine.

When Seattle showed signs of organizational dysfunction, he pointed it out that something wasn’t working. He didn’t say there was nothing to it, he said, one party seems like it needs to go. Or both go.

I like that. He wasn’t afraid to tell the truth.

I like King5 cause NBC’s HD is better than Fox’s HD.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Agreed with @Aros here. Levine is the best in the PNW at sports commentary, IMO, but has also done an excellent job of being the captain of the flagship station for a decade now. I will say that given Big Walt's involvement at King5 for a while, I really hope that means he'll have a larger role in the station's coverage now.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I have an iptv set up that allows me watch local Seattle stations and I must say I did like q13 fox's coverage. Levine and Babs were good but there was another older fella whose name escapes me who always i was less keen on. Always looked like he won a competition to be a Seahawks pundit.

Curt Menefee always pops up on the preseason games but I'm guessing that will stop.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I have an iptv set up that allows me watch local Seattle stations and I must say I did like q13 fox's coverage. Levine and Babs were good but there was another older fella whose name escapes me who always i was less keen on. Always looked like he won a competition to be a Seahawks pundit.

Curt Menefee always pops up on the preseason games but I'm guessing that will stop.

I'm not sure but you might be talking about the cantankerous Jim Moore. It seems to me it's more shtick than how he may really be without a microphone or camera in front of him (just my take).

Capture

Menefee is almost certainly no longer going to be in the booth with Brock Huard with this change.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
I didn't have any real negative memories of their coverage which like a lineman I guess that means they were doing pretty good
What I really miss though is the lounge and all the sciencey stuff from sutz
Now that I really enjoyed
Can we please bring back the lounge 🙏
Cheers and Go Hawks

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Pretty cool...

In my mild state of panic I reached out to Aaron via email and this was his response:

...The only thing that changes is preseason games will now be on KING 5. We’ll still have the majority of regular season games on FOX with our postgame shows each week, although they might look slightly different since we can’t put our desk out there anymore. Analysts are TBD as well. Hopefully everything will work out, but I don’t think things will change that drastically.

We will also have a weekly Seahawks show… just not sure it will be on Saturday nights. That’s up in the air for now.

Really appreciate your kind words. All the best to you.

Go Hawks!!
Someone, Ivo maybe, should post a link to a stream of the weekly Seahawks show so those of us outside the immediate area could see it.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ian Furness apparently.

This guy?

Maxresdefault

I don't mind him. He has a unique personality but I find him very knowledgeable and actually quite critical of the team at times versus the powder puff stuff you get from some other personalities on TV.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Ah, yes, the Aros crush on Mentink comes up again... :love:

She's a softball player, though, isn't she? Covering the M's makes a lot of sense.

Glad to see the games still covered on Fox.

flv2

Reaction score
Someone, Ivo maybe, should post a link to a stream of the weekly Seahawks show so those of us outside the immediate area could see it.
If it's on FOX all anyone would need would be a Seattle IP address as FOX allows everyone 1 hour free to stream direct from their website. Obviously what you get depends on your IP location. Most paid VPN services have multiple US location IP addresses and Seattle is a common location. If people don't have a paid VPN service there are some decent free VPNs that normally have a Seattle address.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Fox is the national contract that only changes every 5 years or so when they re-negotiate. KING is the local station.

Lagartixa

Reaction score

Going the opposite way, I watched Seahawks games in 2012-2017 via uh... "alternative-access" means (I was a grad student, living on a grad-student stipend in São Paulo), and those streams frequently came from SKY Sports UK. FWIW, I now have the international version of NFL Game Pass, and in Brazil, there are no games blacked out, so I can watch any game I want live.

I hadn't heard of Jeff Reinebold before seeing some of those streams from SKY Sports UK, but I liked his analysis when I saw him. Since he's a gridiron-football coach from North America, I wasn't all that surprised he knew what he was talking about.

The truly pleasant surprise was Neil Reynolds, who is English, but that dude knows the NFL and has obviously been watching for a long time. He frequently makes references to games, coaches, and players going back to the '80s and '90s, and he seems more generally knowledgeable about gridiron football than most of the talking-head mediots in the USA who talk about it. I like Reynolds more than I like most of the NFL presenters in the USA. The contrast was especially stark when the during-the-game voices were Troy Aikman and Joe (dum)B(f)uck, but the pre-game and halftime shows were in the SKY Sports UK studio, and I'd get Reynolds, usually with Reinebold assisting.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Going the opposite way, I watched Seahawks games in 2012-2017 via uh... "alternative-access" means (I was a grad student, living on a grad-student stipend in São Paulo), and those streams frequently came from SKY Sports UK. FWIW, I now have the international version of NFL Game Pass, and in Brazil, there are no games blacked out, so I can watch any game I want live.

I hadn't heard of Jeff Reinebold before seeing some of those streams from SKY Sports UK, but I liked his analysis when I saw him. Since he's a gridiron-football coach from North America, I wasn't all that surprised he knew what he was talking about.

The truly pleasant surprise was Neil Reynolds, who is English, but that dude knows the NFL and has obviously been watching for a long time. He frequently makes references to games, coaches, and players going back to the '80s and '90s, and he seems more generally knowledgeable about gridiron football than most of the talking-head mediots in the USA who talk about it. I like Reynolds more than I like most of the NFL presenters in the USA. The contrast was especially stark when the during-the-game voices were Troy Aikman and Joe (dum)B(f)uck, but the pre-game and halftime shows were in the SKY Sports UK studio, and I'd get Reynolds, usually with Reinebold assisting.

I do like Sky's coverage of the games and if the Seahawk game is covered by Sky I will usually watch their broadcast as they will spend time discussing the game rather than having to watch another commercial for Progressive or Liberty Liberty Liberty.... Liberty... (who says advertising doesn't work). I mostly watch NFL Redzone if the Hawks arent playing though.

I've actually met some of the NFL guys. Neil Reynolds I've met a few times and he is so down to Earth. I do like Shaun Gayle to the ex 85 Bears safety and have met him also. I agree with you about Jeff Reinebold, dude is a special teams Coordinator in teh CFL so hardly media royalty but he is well loved by UK NFL fans, very knowledgeable and likeable. Cliff Avril pops up occasionally as a studio guest but the best is when its the play offs and Scott Hanson is released from Redzone duty, dude is so infectious and loves the game. He must like the UK as they get him in the studio regularly.