Seahawks Trade Rumors

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2gd7op9u said:
Madden football again, we just signed a Safety from the 49ers Colbert that has been added and I think show his face next week, WR's who do you get that can learn the offense and be more productive going into the meat of our schedule? Nobody right now.

Doubt we go after anyone for the secondary, with Blair and Hill as well as Amadi we have guys working on stepping up,

In fact we will be releasing one of our D lineman or someone gets a rash and goes to IR here with Reed coming back soon.

No doubt you could be dead right, but it is true we expect better play at FS and at NCB., JS has never been shy in his attempts to find ways to improve the roster.

With Reed coming back there is less need for Woods despite his solid play and with Collier beginning to show he can possibly play that outside at 5 tech and with Clowney and Ansah starting come on, at least one of the other 5 techs is vulnerable. Both Jackson and Jefferson are better than average players not by much but they are capable, and could be a fit for a team in need. Both players are in their contract year and Jefferson would return about $1,5 million to the cap if traded, Jackson significantly less. The team has less need for either with the return of Reed.

It’s interesting and a trade with Cincie might just result in the team acquiring a true 3 tech in Geno Atkins which might even make Reed vulnerable for the right price. Heresy, spoken here! However, if you look at Atkins contract he’s signed at a competitive price until a renewal in 2023, while Reed is going to be expensive to keep. That said even if the team isn’t active at the trade deadline you would expect them to be actively talking.

There could be other areas where there is a very good player the team could acquire by a judicious trade to help on either side of the ball, and they like to be involved in the discussions at least until a deal becomes a mistake. Maddenesque? Perhaps, but highly of interest.

Fade

Reaction score
AJ Green.

He is on the last year of his deal. He is very Clowney like in that you don't have to give up the farm to get him, his salary wouldn't be that much as Cincy is picking up good part of the tab, and you can get a comp pick for him down the road
when he cashes in UFA.

An injury to Lockett, and this WR core is in dire straights. Wilson is magic, but they are in real trouble if that happens.

AJ Green, Lockett, DK, Dissly, Carson. Would be their 11 personnel. Holy crap! :shock:

Swapping out Brown for Green would be a substantial upgrade.

I would love to get another edge rusher, but I don't think the Hawks are looking right now. So I guess that leaves DBs.

Pete loves under the radar guys for that position group. He doesn't really go after names.

massari

Reaction score
source.gif

rcaido

Reaction score
I would love Aj Green or Chris Harris. Ramsey is a little too much to give up. Would be nice if the Redskins were not so dumb, i think Trent Williams would be awesome. Give them Ifedi, 1st & 4th.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If the rumors are true about Denver looking to offload some of their talent, I think a potential target would be safety Justin Simmons. I'd say he's an upgrade to Tedric/Hill, and anything to shore up that spot would be nice. If a mid round pick gets it done, say a 4th/5th, that's a deal I'd like to see.

Edit: Gonna add another target to inquire about: Jessie Bates of the Bengals. Played very well as a rookie as free safety, has some centerfielder to his game. He's playing badly now with the new staff in town and the new system, just like every other Bengals starter - but the Bates dropoff has been a little more severe. I'm a believer in his potential and would love to see if we could snag him for a good value based on his recent play.

Shanegotyou11":19ke8xpg said:
You guys are strange lil people. Hey lets just make 40 threads over Russ. I mean its way better discussion right?

Insiders are saying Hawks are going to make a trade this october. So im asking who?

Lets just hug and cry over Russ and pete instead.

Ugh. Dude. Just give a concrete source when creating a post. Not that big of a deal to have to get so defensive.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
AJ Green is a flat out beast. He's very injury prone, but for the right price, that would be a huge addition imo.
I still would love the addition of Ramsey, just not sure he's a great fit overall. But, he certainly would make the team better.

irfuben32

Reaction score
If they were going to go for a "win now" deal they should have gone for Minkah Fitzpatrick.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Players like AJ Green, Jamal Adams, and Jalen Ramsey would be instant upgrades, question is if JS wants to pull the trigger on giving up a first (and probably more for Ramsey). Ramsey is a guy who could shut down half the field and allow for more single high coverage that Pete loves, even if safety play isn't great. You can leave him on an island and watch him get the job done.

I have no idea what specific players are available from the teams who seem to be on the verge of fire sales but I'd be happy if JS sends mid/late round picks for guys like:

Geno Atkins
Chris Harris Jr
Justin Simmons
Jessie Bates
Leonard Williams (may be closer to a 2nd)

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":27lzgp6e said:
If the rumors are true about Denver looking to offload some of their talent, I think a potential target would be safety Justin Simmons. I'd say he's an upgrade to Tedric/Hill, and anything to shore up that spot would be nice. If a mid round pick gets it done, say a 4th/5th, that's a deal I'd like to see.

Edit: Gonna add another target to inquire about: Jessie Bates of the Bengals. Played very well as a rookie as free safety, has some centerfielder to his game. He's playing badly now with the new staff in town and the new system, just like every other Bengals starter - but the Bates dropoff has been a little more severe. I'm a believer in his potential and would love to see if we could snag him for a good value based on his recent play.

Shanegotyou11":27lzgp6e said:
You guys are strange lil people. Hey lets just make 40 threads over Russ. I mean its way better discussion right?

Insiders are saying Hawks are going to make a trade this october. So im asking who?

Lets just hug and cry over Russ and pete instead.

Ugh. Dude. Just give a concrete source when creating a post. Not that big of a deal to have to get so defensive.

Nobody got defensive. Its just rude how people respond and cant have a conversation.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
mistaowen":olohuu1r said:
Players like AJ Green, Jamal Adams, and Jalen Ramsey would be instant upgrades, question is if JS wants to pull the trigger on giving up a first (and probably more for Ramsey). Ramsey is a guy who could shut down half the field and allow for more single high coverage that Pete loves, even if safety play isn't great. You can leave him on an island and watch him get the job done.

I have no idea what specific players are available from the teams who seem to be on the verge of fire sales but I'd be happy if JS sends mid/late round picks for guys like:

Geno Atkins
Chris Harris Jr
Justin Simmons
Jessie Bates
Leonard Williams (may be closer to a 2nd)

I don't think you'll get Harris for that cheap, there's a lot of need for cb's at the moment and he's a legit top tier corner. The jags ask might price ramsey out of a few teams range which should make the asking price on Harris jump I'd guess at least a 2nd, if not higher.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1muv2402 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1muv2402 said:
Found the source of these rumors.

094857bc 017f 4ad7 b6c8 43c6ca3772e0 text

Yawn. If you dont like a thread, dont open it.

It's not like you created the thread with any information worth sharing. This seems more like a, "I'm bored and can't find anything else to do" situation.

Reaction score
Chris Harris Jr. is the obvious choice, seeing as Jarran Reed is coming back and then the DLine will be Clowney, Reed, Ford and Ansah...that's too strong to need addition, especially as Jefferson has played well, Collier is coming through etc.. Depth in the secondary is important but I also think that these talented young players are missing a wise old head around them, so Harris would be ideal in that.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ikgkq64k said:
Shanegotyou11":ikgkq64k said:
Seahawk Sailor":ikgkq64k said:

It's not like you created the thread with any information worth sharing. This seems more like a, "I'm bored and can't find anything else to do" situation.

I know. Cuz our threads are littered with information more then opinions and conversation starters.

I mean the "Dan Quinn" thread was so valuable with information. Or "what will it take for russ to win mvp". Those both are a long the lines of this thread topic. So you just replied with what could be inserted in 75 % of threads.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
McGruff":10o6beer said:
Shanegotyou11":10o6beer said:
Seahawk Sailor":10o6beer said:

It's called having fun. Lighten up.

How much is "it being fun" until you just come off like a jerk? 75% of these threads are about opinions and discussions. This one got crapped on or joked on by a small handful for whatever reason. I know we have little cliques on here and its funny to team up but it really isnt.

So as a MOD, you should try to keep it on topic and maybe tell the jerk posters to actually have a conversation. It isnt funny, it derails the thread.

knownone

Reaction score
Carlos Dunlap or Geno Atkins would be interesting. I know secondary is bigger need, but unless we can get Ramsey or Harris (for cheap), I'd rather we make our D-line so disruptive our secondary doesn't matter.

If you can get Trent Williams to commit to playing RT, he'd be worth looking at. His cap hit this season is under 5m and you can cut him in the off-season with minimal dead cap.

Edit... Carlos Dunlap, not Carlos Hyde.

Latest posts