Seahawks Trade Rumors

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
From what i have been reading the seahawks are in the thick of it to make trades this year as they prep in their opinion for a Superbowl Run.

Who do we go after?
Thoughts?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":33nl7q58 said:
From what i have been reading the seahawks are in the thick of it to make trades this year as they prep in their opinion for a Superbowl Run.

Who do we go after?
Thoughts?
You're the one that's been hearing the rumours. You tell us.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Schneider works the phones on every available player in the NFL. But he pulls the plug on most of them pretty quick. But when he pulls the trigger you know its going to be a fantastic success or a miserable failure.

Seymour

Reaction score
So rumor has it there could be a trade rumor then?

Well that could be huge news!!

When it becomes news that is. :roll:

DJrmb

Reaction score
I really don't see them giving up what it would take to bring in Jalen Ramsey, but supposedly they've put in an offer.

One guy that might make sense is Chris Harris Jr. from Denver. The Broncos are likely to sell and start a rebuild from what's being said.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
To go with this for a moment...

Logic would dictate that unless the players available for trade are fringe players, Vannett to Pittsburgh for example, then the most likely teams to trade more established players would be ones in transition or full blown tear it apart mode.

I think there us a realisation at some teams they are not going to challenge and could be tempted to stockpile picks for experienced vets. I'm thinking Peterson at the Cards, any number of Bengal and Dolphin players.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Secondary help would be nice but they tend to grow from within there. I'd love a guy like Ramsey who could make half the field unusable but it sounds like they want a kings ransom for him, which I think they'll avoid. Tons of cap space next year is great too but may mean they wait to throw money around.

Sounds like Bengals are on the verge of a fire sale, AJ Green (when healthy) is a legit #1 WR, though I bet they'll want a first+ which I doubt JS will give up. Not too much talent on their roster really.... I'd like their FS Bates but he's probably a part of their new core.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Rumors of rumors?
Hmmmmmm

I’d say our one glaring need is help in the secondary but I don’t want to sell the fam.

Anyone heard a rumor about Kam, Earl, and Sherm coming back?

2_0_6

Reaction score
Was listening to a few NFL podcasts over the weekend and AJ Green to the Seahawks came up a few different times on different shows. He is in the last year of his deal, and since he has been bitten by the injury bug recently they were saying he likely could be had for a 3rd rounder.

One report came out yesterday that they were seeking two firsts for him, to that I say :pukeface:

Rat

Reaction score
2_0_6":fgv0uv0h said:
Was listening to a few NFL podcasts over the weekend and AJ Green to the Seahawks came up a few different times on different shows. He is in the last year of his deal, and since he has been bitten by the injury bug recently they were saying he likely could be had for a 3rd rounder.

One report came out yesterday that they were seeking two firsts for him, to that I say :pukeface:

That would be freaking awesome, but probably unnecessary, and then we'd likely have to choose between he and Clowney in the offseason.

Two firsts is just posturing. Bengals know they won't get that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think if trades happen they will be for defensive backs, but i seriously doubt the team is seriously in the running for Ramsay.

The team has a few players that are all in their last year contractually and late round picks may be sought by JS.

Offensively I could see the team discussing trading:
- Prosise
- Brown
- Moore
- Turner
- Hunt
- Ifedi

Defensively :
- Jackson
- Jefferson
- King
- Thorpe
- Hill*
- Thompson*
*not in final year of contract*

surprises happen though. JS is always looking for ways to improve his team and to make the roster more competitive.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm very comfortable with the WRs and would prefer they not bring in somebody to push the rest down. I could see some secondary help, but not sure there is a good safety to get.

kf3339

Reaction score
HawkGA":i0pti5sv said:
I'm very comfortable with the WRs and would prefer they not bring in somebody to push the rest down. I could see some secondary help, but not sure there is a good safety to get.

A young safety who is "NOT" in his contract year that can take TT's place in the starting lineup as a strong improvement is the only position I would consider on Defense. I doubt any team would give that kind of player up, so that's probably out.

On offense I would only consider an interior guard with the same parameters as above.

I don't personally think we make any major move as I think they like what they have right now. We'll see.....

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ls6kp6e said:
I think if trades happen they will be for defensive backs, but i seriously doubt the team is seriously in the running for Ramsay.

I doubt it on Ramsey too. As great as he is, Pete and John have never valued the CB position enough to spend significant capital on one. All their best acquisitions were mid/late round picks: Sherman (5th), Maxwell (6th), Griffin (3rd), Flowers (5th), Coleman (traded a 6th). Then you had Browner who was a cheap FA pickup. The closest thing they've done to spending big money bringing a new guy in was Cary Williams, and that sure wasn't an example of why they should go that route again.

Maybe they see Ramsey as a true difference maker and worthy of an exception to their philosophy, but I'd be surprised.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Rat":2d10as4z said:
2_0_6":2d10as4z said:

That would be freaking awesome, but probably unnecessary, and then we'd likely have to choose between he and Clowney in the offseason.

Next year's draft is deep at WR, I doubt they'll spend major capitol on a WR knowing that

McGruff

Reaction score
jmahon316":1kn1nbos said:
Rat":1kn1nbos said:
2_0_6":1kn1nbos said:

Next year's draft is deep at WR, I doubt they'll spend major capitol on a WR knowing that

Plus they have two bonafide starters locked up long term.

2_0_6

Reaction score
jmahon316":1a6slgxa said:
Rat":1a6slgxa said:
2_0_6":1a6slgxa said:

The hosts were saying that if the Hawks gave up a 3rd rounder, they would likely get a 3rd round comp pick in 2021 if/when he signed elsewhere.

I would be willing to give that up for 10ish games of Green.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
The broncos are reportedly having a fire sale, everyone except Von miller is up for grabs

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":221dizpb said:
The broncos are reportedly having a fire sale, everyone except Von miller is up for grabs
Could we even afford Von if he was?My god if we had that dude..SB baby!!

Latest posts