Seahawks sign center Evan Brown

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seems like a great signing. Ragnow's backup who also got time at RG. Seems like he earned his chance to be a starting center now.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I like this too. I agree with the school of thought that you want to address as many needs before the draft as possible. That frees the team to really take the best players available and is better long-term for roster construction.

Our largest remaining need looks like ILB to me.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I like the pickup. This is a guy that plays both center and guard. I wonder if they are thinking of trying Damien Lewis at center again too going for a guy that's played guard too?

James in PA

Reaction score
Yes! Huge need addressed! Solid reviews on him and he will just be turning 27 once the season starts.

Last edited:

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score

Are we in the bizzarro world?

All of our needs are getting addressed at reasonable cost - and we're still not even at the draft yet -

Kudos to PC and JS this year. They are Fing nailing stuff so far. JS seemed like he got it on the defensive comments a week or two ago, and it's coming true!

Keep this shit up and we're gonna have a SEASON!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Arguably, they're doing just the opposite. After all, we're pretty set at the skill positions, and the O-line has been built from the outside in. 🤷‍♂️

IAE, sounds like a great get for us. Thank Geno for that team- and cap-friendly deal that is allowing all this FA action. He knows if he takes all the cash the team couldn't do this, so kudos to him.

View attachment 58274
? They signed 2 D Lineman and a Center. That's the trenches :)

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
Also greatly lessens the need to use a top 3 pick on center, can wait until later in the 2nd or 3rd. Which just so happens to be a very deep draft at center.
Precisely.

Most fans and pundits are smitten with JMS and Wypler. And rightfully so, as those are great player/prospects. But I'm with you in that I see some depth in this class at C. The Brown signing makes feel like the Hawks could wait a bit to throw a dart at my personal favorite C that few people seem to be talking about: Ricky Stromberg out of Arkansas.

I think Stromberg's got the juice. Especially in this Zone Blocking Scheme.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Precisely.

Most fans and pundits are smitten with JMS and Wypler. And rightfully so, as those are great player/prospects. But I'm with you in that I see some depth in this class at C. The Brown signing makes feel like the Hawks could wait a bit to throw a dart at my personal favorite C that few people seem to be talking about: Ricky Stromberg out of Arkansas.

I think Stromberg's got the juice. Especially in this Zone Blocking Scheme.

Pretty much any of the top 6-7 center prospects would be great, and 4-7 of them we can probably grab in the 3rd or later.

I like Tippman out of Wisconsin. Absolute monster at 313 and 6'6", and has one of the highest football IQ's in Wisconsin line history......and that's saying something. All that school does is churn out O-linemen.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
Pretty much any of the top 6-7 center prospects would be great, and 4-7 of them we can probably grab in the 3rd or later.

I like Tippman out of Wisconsin. Absolute monster at 313 and 6'6", and has one of the highest football IQ's in Wisconsin line history......and that's saying something. All that school does is churn out O-linemen.
Hard agree. Tons of value past round 3. Which is great, because I feel like we're best served concentrating largely on the defensive front 7 with our premium draft capital.

I like Tippman a lot too. You're spot on about the football IQ and those Wisco lineman are always legit. My only worry with Tippman is his height. 6'6 is a skyscraper for a Center, and that tends to present a problem for anchoring in the middle where oftentimes its low man that wins. This was something that Ethan Pocic, also 6'6, struggled with as well.

I honestly wouldn't be mad at any of those top 4 or 5 centers.

sutz

Reaction score
? They signed 2 D Lineman and a Center. That's the trenches :)
Yes, but they're doing it after we have our QB, RB, 2WR, and 3TE starters ("skill positions") in place. This isn't the start of the rebuild, it the finishing touches. If this was the "start" of a trenches first rebuild, we've had done this 2-3 years ago. ;)

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
Yes, but they're doing it after we have our QB, RB, 2WR, and 3TE starters ("skill positions") in place. This isn't the start of the rebuild, it the finishing touches. If this was the "start" of a trenches first rebuild, we've had done this 2-3 years ago. ;)
I think he may have been referring to just this particular free agent season. We haven't gone out and spent our dollars on a corner or a backup long snapper to start, as an example. You both have good points, but I think that was the angle Soulfish was taking.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
What can (Evan) Brown do for you??

Great solid pickup.

Assuming, Seattle, will “pencil” him in as starter for now and possibly draft the heir apprentice Center (maybe Day 3) of the draft now.

First and second day picks will be even more interesting now!