Seahawks sign center Evan Brown

Jerhawk

Reaction score
What a great signing. And since he worked with Goff last year who played under Waldron, I'm assuming some of that language and philosophy will carry over seamlessly

Although Blythe was a liability at times, he was instrumental in getting the young tackles as well as the guards up to speed with the scheme and their assignments, as well as calling out pass protection for Geno.

Fingers crossed Brown can carry that torch. I'm confident that he will.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point. And he's versatile enough to play Center OR Guard if needed. Yet another solid addition by this front office. Nicely done.
Late 1st or with one of their 2nd rounders, grab another Center and you'll be set at an extremely important position.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see the terms of the deal, but definitely a need and what seems to be a pretty decent player at the position.

DanejaHawk

Reaction score
Good point. And he's versatile enough to play Center OR Guard if needed. Yet another solid addition by this front office. Nicely done.
Late 1st or with one of their 2nd rounders, grab another Center and you'll be set at an extremely important position.
This is the part I like the most. Even if we end up with a JMS or Wypler in the draft and they excel right away, Brown can still push Haynes for RG and is versatile enough to backup all the IOL positions.

A guy like this is best case scenario for the Hawks right now.

sutz

Reaction score
Building from the trenches first. EXACTLY what I was hoping for.
Arguably, they're doing just the opposite. After all, we're pretty set at the skill positions, and the O-line has been built from the outside in. 🤷‍♂️

IAE, sounds like a great get for us. Thank Geno for that team- and cap-friendly deal that is allowing all this FA action. He knows if he takes all the cash the team couldn't do this, so kudos to him.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Apparently his play last year says his value is worth 10.9 million and there’s people on the lions board saying they would have payed him 8 per season easy. He was top 10 in the league for pass blocking for guards . I honestly don’t know how we afforded him