Seahawks Prediction thread 2020-21

Chawker

Reaction score
Jerhawk":31300dmm said:
After a frustrating tenure at Michigan, Jim Harbaugh returns to the NFL and is named the new head coach.

He'd be tar and feathered if he ever set one foot in Seattle. And I'd heat and stir the tar ! :smiley_karate:

Nunya

Reaction score
I predict that they will be 5 under par but will lose match point off of a home run hit from the 3-point line.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I really like this team as it is constructed, but I still see DT depth issues.

The other issue that I think will affect our Seahawks more than other teams is how Pete uses the preseason and the 1st 4 games of the season to get young guys ready and adjusted to the league and team. He does a very good job developing a team when everyone else is ready to jump off a ledge.

In any event I think the bully is almost back. 11-5 and a trip to the NFC Championship game. This will be a tough team, and we'll have at least 15 more sacks this year compared to last year with Clowney. Book it.

cjamesg

Reaction score
There are things about this Seahawks team that are incredible. Then again, when you line up a near NFL-worst DL/OL, you are going to struggle to win close games. While we will battle for the division down the stretch, I don't think that we will have what it takes to win it. Give us a 10-6 record allowing us to eek into the playoffs as the #6 seed.

I sincerely hope that I am wrong because I see the incredible talent that this team is fielding. When you can't keep Wilson off of his backside causing him to absorb another 45-50 sack season and when you can't rush the passer with consistency, you will not win with consistency nor will you go deep into the playoffs.

As a side note, the Seahawks would do well to not take Atlanta lightly. They are a dangerous team that very well might have the talent this year to challenge New Orleans for the division if things go right. I see us losing this game in a close one.

nanomoz

Reaction score
If the Hawks take the cuffs off Russ for the first and third quarters, the sky's the limit. They'll have to score 35 points a bunch, but that's doable if the team stays healthy and the special teams are above average.

If he's playing catchup every GD game again, we're all going to be disappointed. On paper, the Hawks have the worst defensive line in the league. That's going to be hard to overcome if the offense isn't kicking names and taking tacos.

Mick063

Reaction score
The age of the internet has brought about a fashionable new kind of forum pundit called the contrarian.

In a sea of similar voices, it is the most consistent way to stand out in the crowd, although this antagonistic approach is becoming increasingly annoying to me. Contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.

Realistically, we are talking about a Seattle team that has had no major structural changes in a season where familiarity (or better put, unfamiliarity) will play a disproportionately large role. For example, the Bengals could not have found themselves a more difficult season to transition to a rookie quarterback. No OTAs. No mini camps. etc.

So I get it that it is seemingly fashionable to declare a Seattle collapse, but this is probably not the season for it to happen. The foundation is stable and consistent at a time when stability and consistency are probably the biggest factors for success.

The difference between being a playoff team or not is razor thin. Just a couple bad games and injuries can blow the season up early, causing a team to basically give up in the second half. This has never happened in Seattle under Pete Carrol. No one can ever accuse a Carroll led Seattle team of tanking the season.

Seattle is very healthy and very stable going into game one. I'm quoting the coach himself here.

So some of you are really predicting a collapse? Really? I think you are just playing the contrarian for the sake of being the contrarian and three months from now, you are banking on everyone forgetting your prediction. See? It is easy being a contrarian when you are never held accountable for being wrong.

This team will be every bit as good as the team that was battling for a playoff bye in the latter part of last season. Perhaps even better because they will be more prepared relative to many other organizations enduring a very different type of year combined with organizational changes and roster overhauls.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Mick063":1iewmtoz said:
The difference between being a playoff team or not is razor thin. Just a couple bad games and injuries can blow the season up early, causing a team to basically give up in the second half... No one can ever accuse a Carroll led Seattle team of tanking the season... So some of you are really predicting a collapse? Really?
I think our team is better than last year and Pete will have them motivated to play good football. However, as you say, there are thin margins in the NFL and this is a year with far more unpredictability than normal.

The better team only wins about 2/3 of the time in the NFL and that makes winning 11+ games hard even in a regular season. It's easy to have rose colored glasses about our 2013 season due to how it finished, but we clutched out multiple wins during the regular season that should have been losses. In order to duplicate that kind of season we need to be not only good but also lucky with outcomes and lucky with injuries.

Vegas still has us at 9.5 wins which is much lower than most of the posts in the thread. We are just 1.5 point favorites on Sunday and basically a 50/50 tossup to make the playoffs. The fan base has been spoiled to expect unrealistic outcomes to the point that last season's 11-5 season with a playoff win seems to be widely regarded as a failure, and that makes this season overwhelmingly likely to be viewed as a failure as well. Or maybe we'll finish 11-5 but have a "faster tempo" or something and so people will be happier about it for some reason.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":tnyoezj1 said:
11-5, NFC Championship on the road, close loss.

This is pretty much where I'm at.

I see more team speed on both sides of the ball, which was our biggest problem last year (Tedric Thompson not even being able to run down a 220 lb RB).

Add in a deeper RB stable,deeper WR and TE corp, an O-line that should be able to gel as the season moves along, and Russell in his prime = back on top of division, but not quite to the 12-4 or 13-3 record necessary to get the #1 seed.

RCATES

Reaction score
10-6. Eliminated WC round @ TB.

Secondary improved but Pass Rush still bottom 5 in the league. LB's outside of Brooks starting to get long in the tooth.
Feeling optimistic about the Offense but it all rides on the O-Line. So many new piece's its hard to project.

kf3339

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ugl6xyoy said:
SoulfishHawk":ugl6xyoy said:
11-5, NFC Championship on the road, close loss.

This is pretty much where I'm at.

I see more team speed on both sides of the ball, which was our biggest problem last year (Tedric Thompson not even being able to run down a 220 lb RB).

Add in a deeper RB stable,deeper WR and TE corp, an O-line that should be able to gel as the season moves along, and Russell in his prime = back on top of division, but not quite to the 12-4 or 13-3 record necessary to get the #1 seed.

:ditto:

Our Lines (especially D-Line) will be our primary obstacle to going further this year. I"m not sure I would put us in the NFC championship game, but that would be nice to see!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
12-4 NFC West champs. I think we get to the NFCCG and depending on HFA we may or may not make the SB. Our defense even without big name DL is going to take a giant step forward this season. I can see the added speed and nastiness moving our D into a top 10 unit. With all the weapons Russ has this offense will be top 5. I like our chances.

I think Balt, Ten, or KC in the SB would be a great match.

LTH

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2hldkhoi said:
No d-line means big trouble.

I havent put in the time reading this year so i could be off base but... it seems to me the Hawks had the chance to sign a couple of good DE... they didnt ....instead they signed JA ...is that not an indication that they felt comfortable with the guys they have? They dont have a big name guy that doesnt mean the pass rush will not be there...

the O is plain scary with depth... no doubt its going to be an interesting year...

LTH

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I am going full homer and wishful thinking here.
Here’s my NFC west prediction.

1. Seattle 12-4 (HFA #1 seed win all tiebreakers, SB champs) Pete opens up offense early in games and decides he likes it.

2. 49’ers 10-6 (one game and done in playoffs) SuperBowl curse, injuries, and Shanny screwups.

3. Arizona 9-7 (miss playoffs) will beat Seattle twice though, bad matchup for Seattle.

4. Rams 6-10 (miss the playoffs)

Seattle pulls off the miracle and beats the heavily favored Chiefs in the SB By 9 points.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
10-6

Make the playoffs and see what happens.

John63

Reaction score
To many unanswered questions.

Dline
Offensive system
oline
pass rush
DB (Dunbar)

If all goes right 13-3.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
10-6 is a realistic achievement for this year,....I doubt that our defensive coordinator is able to adjust our schemes
enough to mask our average DL