Seahawks new head coach next year...

Chevy

Reaction score
If the Seahawks lose a few more games this year, then I think Pete Carroll will retire. So a fantastic offensive head coach for us could be Eric Bieniemy. He is a former RB, but as on offensive coordinator he loves to throw the rock. Listening to his interview he seems like he holds his coaching staff and himself accountable, maybe unlike Pete Carroll. Bieniemy sounds like a coach that can develop young QBs.

Welshers2

Reaction score
If the Seahawks lose a few more games this year, then I think Pete Carroll will retire. So a fantastic offensive head coach for us could be Eric Bieniemy. He is a former RB, but as on offensive coordinator he loves to throw the rock. Listening to his interview he seems like he holds his coaching staff and himself accountable, maybe unlike Pete Carroll. Bieniemy sounds like a coach that can develop young QBs.

I'd love the hire. An offensive guy who by all accounts the players love. It's a real shame he hasn't been given a head job yet.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
He has been passed over so many times for HC positions. And no its not a racial thing. Something is causing a red flag for teams.
Do you have any article links to your red flags? or are you just going off rumors and speculation?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Do you have any article links to your red flags? or are you just going off rumors and speculation?
Well he has been passed over at least a dozen times. Teams are seeing something we aren't. I like the Chief and him and don't know the issue(s) but there is something there. Maybe he is just seen as a far better first mate than a Captain. I would have no issues with him here but whatever I am not seeing worries me a touch.

cymatica

Reaction score
I think he's going off the fact he hasn't been offered a head coaching job despite having a top offense.

CactusJack

Reaction score

Bieniemy hasn't been hired by any team because of his time at Colorado as an assistant.

Eric Bieniemy I believe had a DUI, there was some sort of assault accusations, and most notably when he was at Colorado as the running backs coach involved in recruiting, they had a scandal which caused the entire staff to get fired. The scandal was that they had prostitutes for recruits.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Would rather have Dan Quinn, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to being the first team to FINALLY give Bieniemy a shot.

RiverDog

Reaction score
He has been passed over so many times for HC positions. And no its not a racial thing. Something is causing a red flag for teams.
Bienemy is eminently qualified and has been up for a number of head jobs over the past few years. There must be something that's scaring teams off.

He had a rather checkered past in his college days and when he was a coach at Colorado, but that stuff was 20-30 years ago, so it seems unlikely teams would hold that against him.

I assume that they have to undergo a background check, so maybe there's something out there like an illegitimate kid or a girlfriend he beat up. Or, maybe he just doesn't interview well. Damned if I know.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete's the eternal optimist, so I don't think there's any scenario where he retires before his contract runs out in 2025.

So if there's a change, he's going to have to get fired............or the ol' "mutual agreement to part ways" feel good divorce we see all the time in sports.

So I'll believe it when I see it. I still content that Jody's just fine with being a hands off owner letting Pete run the team until she sells it. So that's really the question, when will the Hawks be sold. That's when you'll see a coaching shake up.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Pete's the eternal optimist, so I don't think there's any scenario where he retires before his contract runs out in 2025.

So if there's a change, he's going to have to get fired............or the ol' "mutual agreement to part ways" feel good divorce we see all the time in sports.

So I'll believe it when I see it. I still content that Jody's just fine with being a hands off owner letting Pete run the team until she sells it. So that's really the question, when will the Hawks be sold. That's when you'll see a coaching shake up.
Agreed. There won't be a change at the HC position until the team is sold.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Well Bienemy is likely getting fired so how does that qualify him for a hc job here? He didn't get a single offer even KC's prime when he was there...but hey lets hire him just because...no thanks!

Dan Quinn is a good choice but definitely all defensive. So you'd have to bring in a strong OC. I would have faith in Quinn to do something better with the D but not sure on the other side of the ball. Maybe Quinn is happy where he is and holding out for the boys job.

keasley45

Reaction score
Players in Washington actually complained about Bienemy, saying that he was too tough. Yelled too much. I personally think someone hard nosed is good. But I don't know whether with Bienemy, if his style is all rough and grit, and he doesn't match that with some emotional intelligence, that it's not necessarily great trait to have.

The league definitely has a race issue. But that doesn't mean he's by default getting passed over just because he's black. If he can't connect with his dudes because he's too 'drill Sgt'-like, that's a problem.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Bienemy’s name continuous to be mentioned but he hasn’t landed a head coaching position for only reasons we can speculate on.

The wave right now is offensive head coach are winning in the NFL.

I’ll take an offense first head coach.

Starting to think defense first head coach will be extinct soon.

The NFL wants offense cause that’s where all the money is.

Follow the money!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bienemy’s name continuous to be mentioned but he hasn’t landed a head coaching position for only reasons we can speculate on.

The wave right now is offensive head coach are winning in the NFL.

I’ll take an offense first head coach.

Starting to think defense first head coach will be extinct soon.

The NFL wants offense cause that’s where all the money is.

Follow the money!!!

I think we're finding out why Bienemy went all those years in KC without getting a HC gig. People knew it was Andy Reid, not really Bienemy.

I have no idea who I'd want for the next Hawk's HC. As I said above, I'm not going to worry bout it until I read that Carroll's fired or the team's sold. Then we can start throwing around interesting names.

Until then, we're just torturing ourselves.

Latest posts