Seahawks mock draft 2023

Chevy

Reaction score
This draft is based on what I currently think are team needs before the 1st regular season game.

1st round #5 - Miami (QB) Tyler Van Dyke 6'4" 225 lbs.:
There are a lot of legit QB's in this draft, for me TVD is my favorite for the Seahawks.

1st round #24 - Florida State (OLB/DE) Jared Verse 6'4" 248 lbs.: You can never have enough pass rushers. Even if Darrell Taylor has double-digit sacks and Boye Mafe has 7 or so sacks, I would like another legit pass rusher. There should be some good 3-4 OLB pass rushers towards the backend of the 1st round. Verse was a highly sought after transfer who ended up at Florida State. He was dominate vs. LSU, he looks to have a great first step quickness, good agility, and has good strength to stack and shed vs the run.

2nd round #36 - South Carolina (TE/WR/RB/FB) Jaheim Bell 6'3" 230 lbs.: Bell is a dynamic player, really fun guy to watch. He sometimes will line up at RB and he runs like a legit running back, with patience, power, and contact balance.

2nd round #56 - USC (DT/DE) Tuli Tuipulotu 6'4" 290 lbs.: Tuli looks quick and athletic when rushing the QB. He would be a good fit at DE on our 3-4 defense.

3rd round - Iowa (MLB) Jestin Jacobs 6'4" 235 lbs.: Jacobs is a former 4 star recruit, who choose to play at Iowa instead of Ohio State. He is a late bloomer, last year was his first as a starter. He has great length and has shown to be good in coverage. Nice speed as well. He would be a good partner in crime playing ILB next to Jordyn Brooks.

4th round - Michigan (DT/NT) Mazi Smith 6'3" 335 lbs. Jersey #58 in his highlight.: Smith made Bruce Feldman's players freak list. Al Woods is a great NT but he is old. Mone is solid NT and I think Smith would have a chance to be an upgrade at NT over Mone.

5th round - UTSA (OC/OG) Ahofitu Maka 6'3" 330 lbs.: A offensive lineman should be taken in every draft, so Maka is the guy for this mock.

5th round - Baylor (S/CB) Al Walcott 6'2" 219 lbs.: Walcott played some CB in junior college and is now a safety at Baylor. He would be added depth to our DB room.

6th round - Kent (WR) Dante Cephas 6'1" 180 lbs.: Cephas really stood out to me last week when watching U of Washington vs Kent State. Looks to have nice speed and has good hands. He runs a lot of go-routes and crossing routes, so he would need to work on route running once he gets on an NFL roster.

Last edited:

CPHawk

Reaction score
Cristobal will do Van Dyke dirty, and we will get him in the 2nd round. Just watch, Mario is the qb killer.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Cristobal will do Van Dyke dirty, and we will get him in the 2nd round. Just watch, Mario is the qb killer.
It's looking like you're gonna be right about that. I like TVD, but Cristobal leaned on the run game last week, and this week, is struggling against a Sun Belt team. :cautious:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
This draft is based on what I currently think are team needs before the 1st regular season game.

1st round #5 - Miami (QB) Tyler Van Dyke 6'4" 225 lbs.:
There are a lot of legit QB's in this draft, for me TVD is my favorite for the Seahawks.

1st round #24 - Florida State (OLB/DE) Jared Verse 6'4" 248 lbs.: You can never have enough pass rushers. Even if Darrell Taylor has double-digit sacks and Boye Mafe has 7 or so sacks, I would like another legit pass rusher. There should be some good 3-4 OLB pass rushers towards the backend of the 1st round. Verse was a highly sought after transfer who ended up at Florida State. He was dominate vs. LSU, he looks to have a great first step quickness, good agility, and has good strength to stack and shed vs the run.

2nd round #36 - South Carolina (TE/WR/RB/FB) Jaheim Bell 6'3" 230 lbs.: Bell is a dynamic player, really fun guy to watch. He sometimes will line up at RB and he runs like a legit running back, with patience, power, and contact balance.

2nd round #56 - USC (DT/DE) Tuli Tuipulotu 6'4" 290 lbs.: Tuli looks quick and athletic when rushing the QB. He would be a good fit at DE on our 3-4 defense.

3rd round - Iowa (MLB) Jestin Jacobs 6'4" 235 lbs.: Jacobs is a former 4 star recruit, who choose to play at Iowa instead of Ohio State. He is a late bloomer, last year was his first as a starter. He has great length and has shown to be good in coverage. Nice speed as well. He would be a good partner in crime playing ILB next to Jordyn Brooks.

4th round - Michigan (DT/NT) Mazi Smith 6'3" 335 lbs. Jersey #58 in his highlight.: Smith made Bruce Feldman's players freak list. Al Woods is a great NT but he is old. Mone is solid NT and I think Smith would have a chance to be an upgrade at NT over Mone.

5th round - UTSA (OC/OG) Ahofitu Maka 6'3" 330 lbs.: A offensive lineman should be taken in every draft, so Maka is the guy for this mock.

5th round - Baylor (S/CB) Al Walcott 6'2" 219 lbs.: Walcott played some CB in junior college and is now a safety at Baylor. He would be added depth to our DB room.

6th round - Kent (WR) Dante Cephas 6'1" 180 lbs.: Cephas really stood out to me last week when watching U of Washington vs Kent State. Looks to have nice speed and has good hands. He runs a lot of go-routes and crossing routes, so he would need to work on route running once he gets on an NFL roster.

You put a lot of effort into that post. Nice job. I even like some of your pics! :)

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
You put a lot of effort into that post. Nice job. I even like some of your pics! :)
Lol!

Just a few guys I like that maybe others will want to keep an eye on during the college season.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
It's looking like you're gonna be right about that. I like TVD, but Cristobal leaned on the run game last week, and this week, is struggling against a Sun Belt team. :cautious:

You guys would be right if scouts only looked at player stats. Just Remember Justin Herbert was the 6th overall pick in the 1st round, despite Cristobal being the offensive coordinator.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I went and looked at a Miami board. Literally everything they are saying about MC offense, is the same stuff UO fans said for 4 years. Herbert could only be slowed by one person, Mario. I’d be happy for VD to fall later down, so we can get a couple DL or DE before our QB.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I don't want to wait to get the guy we really want for the biggest need was have. That is cutesy crap. So what if we miss out on one guy we want for a down the line need? We still get two out of three or better seeing as we have two first round pics and two second rounders. It should be another great draft haul for us this coming spring.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Would you do this but double dip at QB you seem to have a good beat on the collegiate game?
I wouldn't. I would prefer that they draft one QB that they feel the most confident about. Then after one year they can reassess the QB position. If they have buyer's remorse, they can draft another high round QB the following year. Kind of what like the Arizona did using a 1st round pick #10 overall on QB Josh Rosen. Then the next year, after having their doubts with Rosen, they drafted QB Kyler Murrey in the 1st round.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I think there are going to be a plethora of draftable QBs in the '23 draft, and getting a 2nd QB that they could develop and either keep or trade would be a great idea.

It worked out great for the Redskins years ago with RGIII and Kirk Cousins. Only problem was both QBs were "done dirty." Shanahan put RG3 in to risky situations that cost him his career, and they wouldn't let Kirk go, nor would they give him a long term contract. But that's what one would expect from such a crap (dis)organization.

Own The West

Reaction score
I like your picks, although I'd swap your first round. We'd be better off with a blue chip DE/DT and a 'talent' at QB later imho. Top 5 DE/DT seem to have a better hit rate than top 5 QBs.

Maybe Tanner McKee at 25. Those Stanford kids are smart. He should be able to make the jump.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Watching the Seahawks so far it’s clear what we need

Round 1 pick 4 Will Anderson Bama

Pick 13 (being generous to Denver) Jalen Carter UGA

Second round-Noah Sewell Oregon. He’s been injured all this year, and I have him dropping out of round 1

Second round- Ika DT Baylor

Third Round- Penix UW. IF HE STAYS HEALTHY THIS YEAR

Fourth -Alex Forsyth C Oregon

Last edited:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect the team will draft two interior OLinemen (C & G) early to add to the pile as the depth there is suspect and Jackson will be a FA and is not aging well.

Could be the team will surprise and draft VanDyke lin the 2nd rd. his coaches are not doing him any favours at all.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I suspect the team will draft two interior OLinemen (C & G) early to add to the pile as the depth there is suspect and Jackson will be a FA and is not aging well.

Could be the team will surprise and draft VanDyke lin the 2nd rd. his coaches are not doing him any favours at all.
The prospect rankings have changed a lot since I did this mock. At this point I doubt VanDyke declares for the draft. Maybe he will be the next QB to transfer to University of Washington.

I also think the Seahawks will target an offensive lineman fairly early in the draft, day two. There looks to be some good free agent interior lineman next year as well.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Watching the Seahawks so far it’s clear what we need

Round 1 pick 4 Will Anderson Bama

Pick 13 (being generous to Denver) Jalen Carter UGA

Second round-Noah Sewell Oregon. He’s been injured all this year, and I have him dropping out of round 1

Second round- Ika DT Baylor

Third Round- Penix UW. IF HE STAYS HEALTHY THIS YEAR

Fourth -Alex Forsyth C Oregon
It would be hard to pass up on OLB Will Anderson, but as of today I'd take QB Will Levis over him.

It will be interesting to see where Jalen Carter's draft stock is at by the end of the season. I keep seeing him mocked in the top-5 in the 1st round.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
It would be hard to pass up on OLB Will Anderson, but as of today I'd take QB Will Levis over him.

It will be interesting to see where Jalen Carter's draft stock is at by the end of the season. I keep seeing him mocked in the top-5 in the 1st round.
From what I have seen of Levis so far I would rate him no better than a 3rd round pick, he reminds me of Taysom Hill of the Saints he could make a decent TE