Seahawks mock draft 2023

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
From what I have seen of Levis so far I would rate him no better than a 3rd round pick, he reminds me of Taysom Hill of the Saints he could make a decent TE
A lot of people that follow the draft and have insider info to a few NFL teams; rate Levis a 1st round pick. He is not perfect, but I would take him over Bryce Young and CJ Stroud.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
A lot of people that follow the draft and have insider info to a few NFL teams; rate Levis a 1st round pick. He is not perfect, but I would take him over Bryce Young and CJ Stroud.
Levis hasn't been very impressive playing for a team that runs a pro-style offense even against Northern Illinois who you thought he would light up didn't do much.

If Levis is so great why isn't the OC/HC not making him "the man", hate to see what he will look like when he plays against Georgia

When I hear people say that they have NFL inside information I take it with a grain of salt. It reminds me of last year when the talking heads were saying Malik Willis was going to be a top 3 pick and was lucky to go in the 3rd round

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
Levis hasn't been very impressive playing for a team that runs a pro-style offense even against Northern Illinois who you thought he would light up didn't do much.

If Levis is so great why isn't the OC/HC not making him "the man", hate to see what he will look like when he plays against Georgia

When I hear people say that they have NFL inside information I take it with a grain of salt. It reminds me of last year when the talking heads were saying Malik Willis was going to be a top 3 pick and was lucky to go in the 3rd round
His offensive line is bad in pass protection, and I believe his WRs are average at best. You can have the best QB in the world, but if he doesn't have the help on his side of the ball then he isn't going to shine.

HC/OC don't change their offensive philosophy for a one player.

The person I was referring to that had insider information about teams seeing Levis as a top of the 1st round QB, was ESPN's Todd McShay. As far as Malik Willis goes, there were also a lot of people saying that none of last year's QB were worth a 1st round pick.

I'm not saying Levis is flawless. But at this point of the Season, I like him more than all the other QBs that are considered 1st round prospects.

GemCity

Reaction score
This draft is based on what I currently think are team needs before the 1st regular season game.

1st round #5 - Miami (QB) Tyler Van Dyke 6'4" 225 lbs.:
There are a lot of legit QB's in this draft, for me TVD is my favorite for the Seahawks.

1st round #24 - Florida State (OLB/DE) Jared Verse 6'4" 248 lbs.: You can never have enough pass rushers. Even if Darrell Taylor has double-digit sacks and Boye Mafe has 7 or so sacks, I would like another legit pass rusher. There should be some good 3-4 OLB pass rushers towards the backend of the 1st round. Verse was a highly sought after transfer who ended up at Florida State. He was dominate vs. LSU, he looks to have a great first step quickness, good agility, and has good strength to stack and shed vs the run.

2nd round #36 - South Carolina (TE/WR/RB/FB) Jaheim Bell 6'3" 230 lbs.: Bell is a dynamic player, really fun guy to watch. He sometimes will line up at RB and he runs like a legit running back, with patience, power, and contact balance.

2nd round #56 - USC (DT/DE) Tuli Tuipulotu 6'4" 290 lbs.: Tuli looks quick and athletic when rushing the QB. He would be a good fit at DE on our 3-4 defense.

3rd round - Iowa (MLB) Jestin Jacobs 6'4" 235 lbs.: Jacobs is a former 4 star recruit, who choose to play at Iowa instead of Ohio State. He is a late bloomer, last year was his first as a starter. He has great length and has shown to be good in coverage. Nice speed as well. He would be a good partner in crime playing ILB next to Jordyn Brooks.

4th round - Michigan (DT/NT) Mazi Smith 6'3" 335 lbs. Jersey #58 in his highlight.: Smith made Bruce Feldman's players freak list. Al Woods is a great NT but he is old. Mone is solid NT and I think Smith would have a chance to be an upgrade at NT over Mone.

5th round - UTSA (OC/OG) Ahofitu Maka 6'3" 330 lbs.: A offensive lineman should be taken in every draft, so Maka is the guy for this mock.

5th round - Baylor (S/CB) Al Walcott 6'2" 219 lbs.: Walcott played some CB in junior college and is now a safety at Baylor. He would be added depth to our DB room.

6th round - Kent (WR) Dante Cephas 6'1" 180 lbs.: Cephas really stood out to me last week when watching U of Washington vs Kent State. Looks to have nice speed and has good hands. He runs a lot of go-routes and crossing routes, so he would need to work on route running once he gets on an NFL roster.

I know everyone wants a QB but, let’s get Verse in the ‘24 draft!!!

Weadoption

Reaction score
Bowers would be such an add for Geno, omg he would be hard to pass up if he fell to the Hawks. and you could still rebuild the D and add depth/competition in this deep draft.
IMG 1028

WarHawks

Reaction score
If we have to roll with Geno for another year then it's going to be a very long year.