Seahawks Files: RB Ricky Waters

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Uh, not average in SFO. Look at his receiving status in those sub-1000 yard rushing seasons

Uh, not average in SFO. Look at his receiving status in those sub-1000 yard rushing seasons and combine that yardage and it's a super-productive player. Plus out of the backfield in those years you basically had a 2nd running back in Steve Young so he had to share the wealth in rushing yards. 1993, for example, Steve Young had over 400 rushing yards. I wish a 49er fan would chime in here.

EDIT: 1993, not 1994 for steve young rushing
Yup. In terms of combined yards, he consistently eclipsed the 1500 yard mark - a fact a lot of folks overlook.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Ricky Waters is so criminally underrated it’s a travesty. He was a complete RB.

He always ran hard and was tough as nails, unlike Alexander who was a glider who was fast and shifty, Waters fought and usually got those though inside runs.

He was a star in SF and was a huge part of their team success until the Hawks swiped him from them in FA.
I thought we got him from Philadelphia

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Ricky made it fun to be a hawk fan capping a decade of sheer mediocrity. I know, we took the division in '99...but we were not any good. Toasted by an old Dan Marino in the playoffs.

Watters was so passionate about the game. He played so hard and left it all out on the field. Some had an issue with his emotional side...but he was no TO. He cared deeply about the team and winning. Love That Guy!!!!!!!

94Smith

Reaction score
Loved Ricky Watters. He was key in the 49ers winning their last SB. I believe he had a 5 touchdown game that season. 49er success dropped off with the loss of him until they got Garrison Hearst